• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

why call pot a soft drug?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:
I think I'm still ok, been smoking for 15 years, 2 grams a day, everyday for 15 years. I dont smoke tobacco!! At all!! I think thats the worst drug of them all!! Does anyone consider cigarettes a soft drug?

You have been smoking for 15 years and you have no side effects what so ever ?

ld50 vs ssri said:
You have been smoking for 15 years and you have no side effects what so ever ?
Not that I've noticed, in 15 years of smoking. what side effects do u expect me to have? Breathing normal, memory ok, diet perfect (not overweight) etc..

TripsterC said:
I feel ya virtual_trancer, Ive known some people who start to hide there feelings after smoking cannibus regularly and feel society is against them.

actually it's the other way around.
when i am straight i am the normal person i normally am but when i am high i feel like everyone is looking at me, so society somehow becomes alien to me.

if you get my drift!

Weed may be mentally addictive, but then again, so can say, chocolate. All you people saying weed messed up your lives, made you lazy and fail school are dumbasses. You failed because you ARE lazy, not because weed MADE you lazy. If you want to do drugs and be successfull in life, its rather easy. If on the other hand, you want to forget about success and do drugs, then that is also easy. Stop blaming drugs for your stupid mistakes and take some responsibility, its people like you that give drugs a bad name!

TheInstigator said:
Weed may be mentally addictive, but then again, so can say, chocolate. All you people saying weed messed up your lives, made you lazy and fail school are dumbasses. You failed because you ARE lazy, not because weed MADE you lazy. If you want to do drugs and be successfull in life, its rather easy. If on the other hand, you want to forget about success and do drugs, then that is also easy. Stop blaming drugs for your stupid mistakes and take some responsibility, its people like you that give drugs a bad name!

8) 8( Do some research.

What a stupid statement to make. Ive done my research buddy. You wanna take drugs, be responsible about it. You wanna fail in life then dont start blaming drugs, blame the desicions you made!

Your in no position to be judgemental about how i use substance and how responsible i am under the influence of those substances or better yet you have no right to judge anyones use! I try to be as responsible as i can at all times. This is not a responsibility issue you dickwad. Ever thought that at what age this occurance had happened ..? You sound like you have not the slightest idea of what it's like, because if you did you would not be saying shit like this. I dont know if it occurs to you but it should do by now, Substance effects everyone in different ways, hence why i said do your research. What are you trying to say to the people who suffer abstinence and/or symptoms where bad outweighs the good, In this case from THC..? Are you implying that we are all shit kickers with no life's, because a substance effects us a certain way thus why we moderatley use this drug for those very reasons? Im as responsible as the next bluelighter on this board! It's late, im tired, Fuck Off! back on topic..... :\

Not that I've noticed, in 15 years of smoking. what side effects do u expect me to have? Breathing normal, memory ok, diet perfect (not overweight) etc..

After 15 years of smoking 2 grams a day, your memory would be just that "ok"...at best, compared to somoene who doesnt smoke. But if you've been smoking for 15 years I wouldn't expect you to notice any memory problems, cause thats what you've become accustomed to.

And you may feel like your breathing fine but I can guarantee your lungs wouldn't be in very good shape.

TheInstigator said:

Weed is predominantly a physically addictive drug. Have you ever smoked a gram a day for years on end, and then tried to stop? Have you ever dealt with the hot/cold sweats, insomnia, irratability, and cravings for the days that follow after you do stop??

True there may be a small part of psychological addiction, but most of all it is our BODY is causing all these things to happen, meaning physical addiction.

I believe that marijuana is classed as a soft drug as it occurs naturally within our environment. It is not chemically engineered like most other popular drugs. The length of time it has been part of society may well also contribute to it being classed as a soft drug. Does anyone know what mushies are 'classed' as??

mrephedrine69 said:
Weed is predominantly a physically addictive drug. Have you ever smoked a gram a day for years on end, and then tried to stop? Have you ever dealt with the hot/cold sweats, insomnia, irratability, and cravings for the days that follow after you do stop??

True there may be a small part of psychological addiction, but most of all it is our BODY is causing all these things to happen, meaning physical addiction.

I believe that marijuana is classed as a soft drug as it occurs naturally within our environment. It is not chemically engineered like most other popular drugs. The length of time it has been part of society may well also contribute to it being classed as a soft drug. Does anyone know what mushies are 'classed' as??

Amen! you sumed that up pretty nicely..

TheInstigator said:
What a stupid statement to make. Ive done my research buddy.

No offense, but it reminds me of statements a lot of media reporters make.

All 'research', no experience, and NFI.

Why is it considered a soft drug? Well I dont have any exact numbers, but Im gonna assume for most people there experience with pot could be similar to mine:

I smoke 3 days a week, a couple of times in each day, have been doing so for roughly 18months, and I have almost no side-effects.

My short-term memory is noticeable worse, but it has very little impact on my life. It may make me forget the occasional word for a minute or a phone number of a friend I havent dialed up in a long time. Importantly though, it dosent stop me learning new memories, especially if I havent smoked in the last 12hrs prior. I am doing a chemical engineering degree right now, its quite intensive but my marks have only improved since I started smoking (Im not saiyng that pot makes you smart, simply that for me and most others, the affect is quite minimal).

As for addiction... well, unless you have say some weird genetic predisposition to cannabis or absolutely no willpower, I really dont see how you could struggle with addiction. Yeah, sometimes I want to smoke when I shouldnt, but I have craved harder for coffee, lollies and coke (cola) at some point harder than I ever have for weed.

The high is quite soft, and for most people, leaves you very very close to reality. Sure, some people really really really like getting stoned- but nonetheless weed dosent take them far from their own mind. I know for myself atleast, even alcohol can put me further away.

Safety: Yes, if you smoke alot, every single day of your life you have a nice chance of getting cancer or smoking related illness... but comparable to say someone who smokes ciggs with the same level of use?-hell no.

Its also quite socially accepted (well, atleast for mid-20s and below), cheap, easy to obtain, and unofficially de-criminalised (depends on ur state). I could go on.. but at the end of day, your still gonna be the same person if you treat this drug with some respect, which for most people is quite easy.

I intend to keep smoking as I am now for the remainder of my degree and then stop. Looking back I expect the benefits will outweigh the negatives.

Joop said:
After 15 years of smoking 2 grams a day, your memory would be just that "ok"...at best, compared to somoene who doesnt smoke. But if you've been smoking for 15 years I wouldn't expect you to notice any memory problems, cause thats what you've become accustomed to.

And you may feel like your breathing fine but I can guarantee your lungs wouldn't be in very good shape.
What makes you say o.k..how do you no how good my memory is ? Went through university and continued on to a very successful business, pro soccer player, have a family, dont drink alcohol, don't do cigg., just the occasional clean mdma pill and my 2 grams a day, very healthy habit if I say so myself =D

What makes you say o.k..how do you no how good my memory is ? Went through university and continued on to a very successful business, pro soccer player, have a family, dont drink alcohol, don't do cigg., just the occasional clean mdma pill and my 2 grams a day, very healthy habit if I say so myself =D

You got to be fucking joking right....?