• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

why call pot a soft drug?

nickthecheese: I can't say I've ever experienced a hangover from pot, sure after a night of going hard at the bong I might feel tired and unmotivated the next day but I think that's more because of the bad quality of sleep associated with its use. It's nothing compared to the scale of even a mild alcohol hangover.

I

Well as an avid cannabis fan who has also dabbled in various (and I mean VARIOUS) other drugs. I gotta say, weed is not really any less potent than any other drug. I mean, I've had shit like nevilles haze and afghani X nl5, where a few cones (weight not even equivelant to the contents of some eccy lets say) has fucked me up a lot more. Had weed stronger than most opiates, even havin an experience with a bastardised strain of durban poison that was stronger than a lot of opiates. 3 cones and I would sleep for 12 hours. Personally I don't like to label a drug hard or soft. A drug is a drug. As for long term effects of cannabis. I can't really say, I've been doin it for about 10 years quite regularly, and I guess of course there are some side effects, but nothing unmanagable. Then again I been doin psyches and chems for 8 years, so it's hard to really say. But yeah, if it was a choice between an eccy or some nevilles haze, I'd have the nevilles haze :D

Its pleasing to hear how many people on here used to be regular smokers, and aren't now. I used to smoke the shit daily, and began to realise that whilst i didn't see the difference, everyone else did. I actually had an epiphany that begun the first time I tried LSD, and lost just about all motivation to smoke pot after that.

Don't kid yourself smokers, you lose that spark you once had, when you start pulling cones everyday. Your friends notice it, you stop going out, and lose some or all of your motivation.

Some people can smoke up all day, and still maintain a healthy, successful life. They're a minority though. The other 95% are living in this dream world where they think they haven't changed, that they've still got prospects, not realising that slowly but surely, life, their friends, and what was once fun, is drifting away from them.

Pot/Cannabis is not a drug , its a herb, THC is the drug .

Compared to other drugs like the ones this site provides harm minimilization information about and devices for ( like the e tester ) it is most certainly a soft drug.

The effects on the memory are quite small and thats for chronic users, the only real health issues are smoking related ones and theres many ways around that.

If you want to talk hard drugs talk about piss .................. now that one is a shocker 8o .

p.s its interesting how pro-cannabis sites like www.overgrow.com or www.cannabisculture.com always have open forums where anybody can post but this is almost always never the case at 'anti' sites . Why is that ?.

I think partly the reason people have a tendancy to blame marijuana for their problems is because its also very good at still allowing you enough vision to see the damage you have done to yourself. eg studies have shown that people who drive under the influence of marijuana are far less likely to crash based on the fact that although it does limit there reaction time the user is more aware of it and therefore takes extra special care.. however when you combine it with alcohol the risks associated are far worse then either drug by itself. (I don't wish to advertise driving under the influence of any drug, just an example.)

My point is when people take many drugs and also use marijuana, it seems to point out the damage you have been doing to yourself and therefore makes it easier to blame.

I am not basing this on fact, it is mere speculation, I don't neccesarily believe it, I just made a little analogy of my own experience and it seemed to make sense. Everyone reacts differently to drugs...