• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why blame god for...

For me, the hardest aspect of all to figure out is a god from a different area; than Earth. And he speaks to humans on Earth. Then you might assume we have an angelic origin but instead there's no apparent continuum from these spheres. It doesn't have a sense of continuity

At least that's how i perceive the whole thing

Violence and hatred perpetuate the cycle. However some people need to be imprisoned for the good of everyone else. I just don't think capital punishment is right, it's too slippery a slope.

Violence and hatred perpetuate the cycle. However some people need to be imprisoned for the good of everyone else. I just don't think capital punishment is right, it's too slippery a slope.

Hate is born from love and has a useful purpose.

If we did not hate, evil would thrive.

If the Western world had not hated Hitler, for instance, you and I would be writing in the German language.

Our love of freedom, justice and genocide created the hate that we used to end his attempted take over of the world.

If you want to rid the world of hate, you have to first rid the world of love.

Regards
DL

But if hate hadn't been in Hitler's heart, it wouldn't have happened.

Nevertheless, I think you're right that you can't actually have hate without love, and vice versa. Hate is a reaction to lack of love. And/or fear.

Hate doesn't arise from true love... and by true love, I mean the love that is the foundation of our origination, and the source of all forms that spring into existence. Without ego, there can be no hate, but without ego, love is infinite and permanent. Hate is an ego structure. I'm not saying it doesn't play a role or can't be important, but in terms of the "anatomy" of hate, it does not come from love. Hatred can only occur when the ego has completely hijacked the scene.

When the ego is dissolved or simply quieted, like in meditation, inner peace and love naturally arise. Hatred never naturally arises in that state. You just have to do the basic inquiry and practice to realize this is true. In fact, the whole reason why hatred exists in the world is because people believe the illusion of separation created by their own bicameral minds. They never quiet their minds so they never get a chance to remember origination.

The story of Hitler is complicated. France and Britain had many opportunities to stop him, but they chose appeasement over and over. When he began his Final Solution, the allies all knew it was happening, but nobody wanted to do anything. Hitler got his idea of the Ghettos from the Jewish Pogroms created by the Catholic Church, arm bands and all. Those pogroms were given the silent nod by all of Europe for years. Even when Jews were fleeing Germany and Poland in droves, many European nations would not accept them as refugees because their lingering noble classes were filled with anti-semitism. It wasn't until the Maginot Line was overcome and Britain was in shambles that suddenly we all cared about invading Germany to save the Jews. By then, half the SS were on methamphetamines (called pervitin at the time). Hitler himself was likely on cocaine and opiates.

The harsh reality of WWII that they never tell us in school is that Hitler's anti-semitism was just an extreme version of what all of Europe felt toward the Jews. His hatred didn't occur in a vacuum, it was a reflection of our pre-existing hatred. In the very beginning, he first started by rounding up communists, which the French and British governments actually supported. Then he went for homosexuals and political reactionaries -- no problem there, either. Then he went for the Jews, and the British pretended that they were just unsubstantiated rumors, even though we now know that their intelligence knew it was happening the month it started.

Europe is in deep denial about its racism and old power. It's still racist AF. Our governments didn't go to war because we hated Hitler and wanted to battle hate with hate; we went because Hitler was seizing all geopolitical power and was threatening to dismantle centuries' worth of old power in Europe. The nobles don't give two shits about people dying if it doesn't affect them.

But if hate hadn't been in Hitler's heart, it wouldn't have happened.

Nevertheless, I think you're right that you can't actually have hate without love, and vice versa. Hate is a reaction to lack of love. And/or fear.

I would not put it that way although your last has merit. I especially like your first. Blush.

Hate is not a reaction to lack of love, although, if hate is coming at us, then reciprocity and hate will likely emerge as a defence/survival strategy.

Hate is a bias against anything that would jeopardize what we love.

Love is our default position as that is the best survival strategy.

Your first on Hitler is correct. Why do you think he hated the Jews?

Was it not because he thought that Germany and Germans, whom he loved, were losing the economic power to what he saw as foreigners?

Remember that there is only two ways to capture another country. Force of arms or taking over it's economy.

He declared war on Jews with his force of arms because he could not think of ways to take economic power away from the Jews.

Like it or not, Jews are excellent at trade and banking.

Regards
DL

Hate doesn't arise from true love... and by true love, I mean the love that is the foundation of our origination, and the source of all forms that spring into existence.

You have a decent grasp of history so will not speak to your other well done post.

This one though is not in that class.

Are you talking of the god of hate that I see in the mainstream religions?

Let's get that out of the way so that I might know what you are talking about and if you are using logos or mythos here.

Without ego, there can be no hate,

Without ego, there can be no love.

I define ego as who I am. I am my ego. The definition seems to agree with my use of the word.

ego
noun

Definition of ego

1 : the self especially as contrasted with another self or the world
-------------

Who are you F, if you do not define yourself as your ego?

it does not come from love.

Watch this.

Regards
DL

Hate is not a reaction to lack of love, although, if hate is coming at us, then reciprocity and hate will likely emerge as a defence/survival strategy.

Hate is a bias against anything that would jeopardize what we love.

Love is our default position as that is the best survival strategy.

Your first on Hitler is correct. Why do you think he hated the Jews?

Was it not because he thought that Germany and Germans, whom he loved, were losing the economic power to what he saw as foreigners?

Yeah I suppose you're right. My cousin hates all kinds of people, he's xenophobic (treat foreigners badly of all kinds, hell he even looks sideways at non-Chicago people), hates gay people, hates trans people, black people, thinks feminism of any kind is bad, etc etc... he'll go out of his way to make gay people feel bad especially. And it's because he's very afraid of his way of life changing. Really he's terrified and watching our quality of life slowly slide away, but he instead tells himself a story about how all these Others are fucking it up for him because that's what he was told by his sub-culture.

god is all that is good. and if it wasn't for satan then we wouldn't know the difference.

but then again it is your choice into eternity.

oh, my. but just nevermind. the heavenly creator makes all things possible.

. . but then you would'nt know a free mind if that wasn't a higher power.

I'm not sure why people always bring up love. In my opinion, love is something that possibly exists where we originated but it has very little or zero basis in the reality of day-to-day existence

To me, love is knowing thyself. It's not all encompassing. Hatred can spread easily and quickly though

-G

I'm not sure why people always bring up love. In my opinion, love is something that possibly exists where we originated but it has very little or zero basis in the reality of day-to-day existence

I disagree, I think that love is an intrinsic part of being human (unless you lack empathy perhaps, by that I mean physically in the brain, lack the capacity). I think all people seek love, and if one does not have love, especially as a child, it leads to all manner of emotional issues. It may an artifact of our evolution, we survived and thrived by forming close bonds and caring for each other (at least within our groups). In fact I think the lack of connection to the others around us is a huge part of why there is so much unhappiness and so many maladaptive behaviors in society. Love is the most powerful emotion, I think a lot of people share that sentiment. Don't get me wrong, hate is powerful too, but I think almost anyone, given the action to protect one they love, or to hurt one they hate, would protect one they love. Humans go through life seeking love... without it, they do not feel fulfilled. At least that's how I think it is for most people.

Then he should have said so
'he' is the bible. you mean the bible.

in large part this exemplifies my issue with discussing things with people who back up their position with reference to religious texts like the bible.

they either claim you're interpreting the thing too literally or not literally enough...

alasdair

I disagree, I think that love is an intrinsic part of being human (unless you lack empathy perhaps, by that I mean physically in the brain, lack the capacity).
To me, society is often confusing kindness with love. I mean being kind is never overstated but loving others always is. My view, love is a rare quality. It's not found by most and if it is it seems to be lost quickly. That fleeting one is empathy though, which is another emotion

I can tell these apart very well, but i'm definitely a pessimist when it comes to trying to evaluate other humans' emotional intelligence ;)