• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why blame god for...

I think most people love their friends and family. I think humans are hard-wired (maybe some aren't) to seek that kind of connection. Maybe I'm just really lucky to have a lot of love in my life, but pretty much everyone I know well enough to know this about them has loved ones. I have lost loves before, I'm divorced, it turned into a terrible relationship, and it was horrible the way it ended. But I am in love again, and totally aside from that, I have my siblings, and my mom, and my friend family since I live so far away from my blood family. And my little nephew. To tell the truth, my life is filled with love. I think that is what most people want, and many people have it, at least with someone. But I'm only speaking from my experience, which is all anyone can do.

But you're right, empathy/kindness is different from love. I don't experience the fullness of love with random people I encounter, but I will go out of my way to be kind to someone because of empathy. But that is different from those you would live and die for.

This is very good to hear. It made me smile

As for myself, I feel that i was lucky to find love. Basically, i saw myself from the young age of 7 and already knew what to do from there. I guess you could say i could see my own inner light and knew how to project it and guide it. This was loving myself and the ultimate form of compassion

I know it's important to have compassion for others but without self-pity, where lies your strength?

I wasn't referring to love as a temporary emotion that comes and goes, or the love that exists between people based on conditional context.

I was referring to the love of origination, our foundational consciousness, the true nature, the dao, the way, divinity, christ consciousness, whatever you want to call it... the personalized spark of the divine that is you and can be nothing else, and yet everything in existence also contains this identical spark. It is unique to you yet universally one with all other sparks.

There's no hate in it. There simply can't be. The most hateful human being, when their ego consciousness is subsumed, will know themselves as this pure love, even if their ego, when it re-arises, chooses to work against it.

Yeah I suppose you're right. My cousin hates all kinds of people, he's xenophobic (treat foreigners badly of all kinds, hell he even looks sideways at non-Chicago people), hates gay people, hates trans people, black people, thinks feminism of any kind is bad, etc etc... he'll go out of his way to make gay people feel bad especially. And it's because he's very afraid of his way of life changing. Really he's terrified and watching our quality of life slowly slide away, but he instead tells himself a story about how all these Others are fucking it up for him because that's what he was told by his sub-culture.

Sounds like a coward who blames the small fry, while ignoring that it is governments and the rich that impose poverty, and to me, the slavery of the rest of the common. Bastards.

Regards
DL

. . but then you would'nt know a free mind if that wasn't a higher power.

Freedom might not be a word to apply when our DNA determines our thinking with instincts.

There is also action reaction that is chaotic.

Socrates showed that tribal man could never be free of the law of the tribe, while at the same time being able to be free even to die.

We are all following the laws written in our DNA. No choice and no freedom in any of us to get away from that fact..

Regards
DL

Freedom might not be a word to apply when our DNA determines our thinking with instincts.

There is also action reaction that is chaotic.

Socrates showed that tribal man could never be free of the law of the tribe, while at the same time being able to be free even to die.

We are all following the laws written in our DNA. No choice and no freedom in any of us to get away from that fact..

Regards
DL
but it is always nice to know that eternal love and even try. knowing that someday life can be seen from a higher power of strength that can be peaceful and infinite. Don't even want to argue about it. Just want to know it. <3
lols. ☺. 👍🏼 thanks.

'he' is the bible. you mean the bible.

in large part this exemplifies my issue with discussing things with people who back up their position with reference to religious texts like the bible.

they either claim you're interpreting the thing too literally or not literally enough...

alasdair

That is why one intelligent scribe in the myth said that to perfect ones wisdom, one had to get out of the Christian dogma and seek a better analogy for reality elsewhere.

Often times, interlocutors never get to that point in places like this where tempers seem always ready and discourse often unpleasant.

I'm a bully when I get attacked but even I get fed up with the pointless bullying.

This following applies to most of us. Me included.

**Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God, there is in that man no spirit of compromise. He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature; he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance. Believing himself to be the slave of God, he imitates his master, and of all tyrants the worst is a slave in power-Robert Green Ingersoll

Change the word God to ideology, which includes all thinking patterns, and you see what I see in most of us.

Regards
DL

I wasn't referring to love as a temporary emotion that comes and goes, or the love that exists between people based on conditional context.

I was referring to the love of origination, our foundational consciousness, the true nature, the dao, the way, divinity, christ consciousness, whatever you want to call it... the personalized spark of the divine that is you and can be nothing else, and yet everything in existence also contains this identical spark. It is unique to you yet universally one with all other sparks.

There's no hate in it. There simply can't be. The most hateful human being, when their ego consciousness is subsumed, will know themselves as this pure love, even if their ego, when it re-arises, chooses to work against it.

I also know this because I have felt it. At the same time I do look at how brutal life is, especially when you look outside of humans. I can't believe that only humans and other creatures above a certain intelligence threshold are the universe experiencing itself and everything else is not part of the universe's experience. So it does make me wonder. Yet I have felt the universal love and it's what I choose to believe.

but it is always nice to know that eternal love and even try. knowing that someday life can be seen from a higher power of strength that can be peaceful and infinite. Don't even want to argue about it. Just want to know it. <3
lols. ☺. 👍🏼 thanks.

Peace is a curse to infinity. It is stagnation. What good is power and strength without a goal?

How can the fittest be known and emulated without a challenge?

Regards
DL

Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God, there is in that man no spirit of compromise. He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature; he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance. Believing himself to be the slave of God, he imitates his master, and of all tyrants the worst is a slave in power-Robert Green Ingersoll
indeed.
I'm a bully when I get attacked...
i think many/most find it hard not to get defensive when attacked.

i also think there's a new trend to cry 'bully!' when one is not attacked but merely challenged to substantiate or even simply questioned. note, i am not saying you're guilty of this. prime example, for me, is the current president of the united states but there are examples in this forum. it not only makes having a discussion which involves disagreement hard, it's often extremely ironic...

alasdair

I can't believe that only humans and other creatures above a certain intelligence threshold are the universe experiencing itself

That would take sentience. Sentience would want to be known. I think that that is irrefutable.

Regards
DL

Well I think all life-forms have some amount of sentience, but a lot of them have no egoes or sense of self. Yet there is still awareness which is part of the universe's experience.

Obvious this is not something I can be 100% sure of, but it's what makes sense to me. Even in terms of sentience, where is the cutoff, if there is one? Is a dog sentient, but not a mouse? Does it cut off at insects? Bacteria? It seems more likely to me that all living things are having an experience, however utterly different than our own it may be.

i think many/most find it hard not to get defensive when attacked.

I would not mislead you. That defence description is not me.

When attacked, I kill. Verbally of course.

I debate to lose so that I might learn something new. If my interlocutor shows unworthy of it and is just the usual poor apologist, which almost all are these days, and if he is obtuse, I move along.

I get trolled by them sometimes as they go about warning people off me. Idiocy abounds in the younger ranks. That is just an impression though.

Regards
DL

Well I think all life-forms have some amount of sentience, but a lot of them have no egoes or sense of self. Yet there is still awareness which is part of the universe's experience.

Obvious this is not something I can be 100% sure of, but it's what makes sense to me. Even in terms of sentience, where is the cutoff, if there is one? Is a dog sentient, but not a mouse? Does it cut off at insects? Bacteria? It seems more likely to me that all living things are having an experience, however utterly different than our own it may be.

A tough call so I will just say, I think, therefore I am sentient.

I would set a limit on sentience at volition of self motion. Making myself move.

I know that some life has nervous systems that react to stimuli, but I don't know if the experts would call that thinking or sentience. Something tells the organism to
move, but is it thought? I don't know.

Regards
DL

I don't know either, it's interesting to think about though. I guess much (most) of my thought on this comes from my belief that the universe is what awareness is, it's what life is, it is what we all are underneath all the physical hardware, we're all the same, we are "god", as is everything else. So it doesn't make sense to me that awareness would have begun only when sufficiently advanced life forms were able to evolve. But rather than awareness is an intrinsic property of the universe.

Life is tenacious for sure. I put my bet on man being one of many sentient species..

My experience and belief in a cosmic consciousness, --- as our next evolutionary step, --- has made me think of it as a worm hole to the whole of the known reality.

All B S though to a listener who has not experienced apotheosis. Such talk brings ridicule. Only those of my ilk sow doubt into friend and foe alike.

I seek challenge. Not pussies.

Unfortunately, there are way too many pussies.

Regards
DL

Well i tied that in with my inner-light that i had to know before i could experience earthbound love

Well i tied that in with my inner-light that i had to know before i could experience earthbound love

Mine was the reverse. I had to learn how to truly love a human before I could, --- ignite the flame of god, --- so to speak.

Earthbound love is our first instincts. You knew how to love before you knew god. We all do at birth. God would have it no other way. :)

Then again, I have a criminal mind and delinquent attitude. U b good. I be bad.

Regards
DL

Then that means i'm vain. Since i had to see myself before i knew who i was