• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why blame god for...

Well for one, i don't see how your god could have any empathy, since he created you. Why or even how would that work? I think it's war and such that make believers doubt their god which i understand, but i can just as easily see the people behind wars and how they play out. Not everyone can handle the truth

LOL.

They doubt their gods while killing for them. They have been responsible for most wars and the World Peace Index has shown that the less religious a nation is, the more peaceful and law abiding it is.

Proof of this is the U.S. with the worst jail stats in the free world.

Regards
DL

I have to agree w you, yet at the same time disagree which is something you and I hardly do.

I also have times where I think none of this makes sense Father. But Job said even tho He slay me I will TRUST IN HIM.

My personal relationship with God hit a new level.

I’ll give you an example. In 2016 the day I went over to a buddies house to get some shards it didn’t happen yet I will still wanting to do it.

later on that day I drove up to the Shell station and left my truck keys in the car. I walk out and my truck was stolen. From there I was kicked out of where I used to live. Then I had to move and was yanked off all my medication.

I think God allowed the enemy which is Satan to tempt and succeed in stealing my car because God was preventing me from doing hardcore drugs that destroyed my life 11 years before.

God was revealing to me that John 10:10. The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I came that you Daniel would have life and it in abundance.

So what was meant for evil ultimately worked out for the better. Had I gotten on meth I would either be dead or in a psych ward.

I couldn’t see the benefits in it at the time but as I look back I can clearly see Gods Sovereignty over it all.

And plusfrom the God I serve in the book of Job you can tell the God is competitive.

Job never knew what was going on in the back ground. Yet He says Even tho HE,(God) slays me I will trust in Him.

what unbelievers see is that God is slaying. What I see is that even tho Job was tested Satan could only go so far.

So you cannot think we have free will if you see god manipulating things.

Your scriptures do say that we have no free will. It makes us puppets.

As to Job, 2 things.

Job 2;3 had Yahweh admitting to being a sinner when saying that he was moved by Satan to do harm without a just cause.

You are correct about Satan being allowed to only go so far, but it looks like you would condemn the hit man while allowing the don who sent him to kill off the hook.

Since many Christians take that immoral position, many use Job to show how Christian beliefs have corrupted their moral sense.

Here is a live demo of that corruption at work.

Regards
DL

I tried to read the bible once.

Got about a dozen pages in I reckon, and already God’s telling people to burn the villages of sinners, take all their belongings out into the street set them on fire and then burn the sinners or something like that.
(Yes yes, OLD testament. So what? Same God isn’t it?)

I put that book right back down there and then.
‘God’ hadn’t even informed us yet what was a sin worthy of being killed and here is telling us to burn everything.

I was raised by an occultist; the EVIL ones presumably.
But the bible was still the most disturbing thing I’d ever read up to that point.

Free will my arse.

I tried to read the bible once.

Got about a dozen pages in I reckon, and already God’s telling people to burn the villages of sinners, take all their belongings out into the street set them on fire and then burn the sinners or something like that.
(Yes yes, OLD testament. So what? Same God isn’t it?)

I put that book right back down there and then.
‘God’ hadn’t even informed us yet what was a sin worthy of being killed and here is telling us to burn everything.

I was raised by an occultist; the EVIL ones presumably.
But the bible was still the most disturbing thing I’d ever read up to that point.

Free will my arse.

It is good that you were disgusted with Yahweh. he is indeed a satanic god.

I'm not sure of your last remark. You did exercise your free will.

Do you not think you have one?

Regards
DL

Last edited:
It is good that you were disgusted with Yahweh. he is indeed a satanic god.

I'm not sure of your last remark. You did exercise your free will.

Do you noit think you have one?

Regards
DL

Your interpretation of free will and mine aren’t the same I think.

I have free will.
I don’t believe those of Christian/Catholic faith really do though.

And I thought yewah was Jesus to begin with for some reason. If he was, then I’d say Adam is to blame lol

Your interpretation of free will and mine aren’t the same I think.

I have free will.
I don’t believe those of Christian/Catholic faith really do though.

And I thought yewah was Jesus to begin with for some reason. If he was, then I’d say Adam is to blame lol

I am not sure that we would argue about the definition of free will, but I agree that we have one.

As to Christians, they too all have a free will but the indoctrination or brainwashing parents do to their children, influences the less intelligent or astute to make the wrong choices.

Regards
DL

Yes. The Trinitarians have tied the halfway moral Jesus to the immoral Yahweh.
Christians just can't explain their ludicrous idea.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I see Yahweh as the first sinner when he told Adam he would surely die if he gained an education.

Adam was not immortal at that point and was destined to die anyway.
There is no connection between our education and death so that would mean that Yahweh lied before Adam supposedly sinned.
Right?

Satan who had sinned in heaven was here as well before Adam sinned and her temptation of Eve would have been a sin as well that predated Adam's.

Are you ignoring those?

Regards
DL

So
Yes. The Trinitarians have tied the halfway moral Jesus to the immoral Yahweh.
Christians just can't explain their ludicrous idea.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I see Yahweh as the first sinner when he told Adam he would surely die if he gained an education.

Adam was not immortal at that point and was destined to die anyway.
There is no connection between our education and death so that would mean that Yahweh lied before Adam supposedly sinned.
Right?

Satan who had sinned in heaven was here as well before Adam sinned and her temptation of Eve would have been a sin as well that predated Adam's.

Are you ignoring those?

Regards
DL

So, historically speaking, Yewah was the God of the Israelites, right?

And was Satan originally one of God’s brothers or something like that, til he fell out of favour with God?

Gawd, Roman and Greek mythology is so much easier to understand. The Catholics switch sides too damned often, hard to keep up.

Christianity and believing in Jesus are two different things to me. Christianity is big business. Jesus is love and peace

So

So, historically speaking, Yewah was the God of the Israelites, right?

And was Satan originally one of God’s brothers or something like that, til he fell out of favour with God?

Gawd, Roman and Greek mythology is so much easier to understand. The Catholics switch sides too damned often, hard to keep up.

Indeed. That is why the answer to your questions is, sometimes.

Historically speaking, Yahweh was an androgynous god just as most of the gods of that day were considered to be.

You get hints of that in the second creation myth and the rib woman and wher the scribes wrote --- I adlib, create he them, male and female, and called them Adam.

Regards
DL

Christianity and believing in Jesus are two different things to me. Christianity is big business. Jesus is love and peace

I see more than one Jesus in the scriptures. I like the esoteric mystic but dislike the one you likely know as some of his moral tenets are not moral.

Especially his no divorce and substitutional punishment policies.

Christians always run from discussing morals as they cannot do decent apologetics for their/your Jesus.

Care to engage?

Cowards can never be moral.

Regards
DL

“Engage” seems like your already coming from a place of offense. There’s a big difference between Christians and a follower of Christ.
I see more than one Jesus in the scriptures. I like the esoteric mystic but dislike the one you likely know as some of his moral tenets are not moral.

Especially his no divorce and substitutional punishment policies.

Christians always run from discussing morals as they cannot do decent apologetics for their/your Jesus.

Care to engage?

Cowards can never be moral.

Regards
DL

“Engage” seems like your already coming from a place of offense. There’s a big difference between Christians and a follower of Christ.

This is a discussion and debate board.

Would you have me grovel?

I do not see my statement as offence. It does not become so till you engage with an argument. Till then, I am just maintaining my course.

Your last is sort of partially true.

I am not sure what you mean by follower of Christ, because Jesus was never anointed King of the Jews, so never earned that title of Christ.
IOW, there is no Jesus the Christ.

As to Christians; if I go by the standards that Jesus put to recognize anyone that had any faith or belief in him and thus made them Christians, there are none.
The standard was that they could do all he did and more.

I do not see anyone doing that. Do you?

Regards
DL

I mean if you ask me, you speak with a lot of disdain for something you don’t believe in. I can’t debate with you as I’m not well versed in the Bible, and I’m a 28 year old disabled individual. All I can say is respect how you believe and agree to disagree. I’m not here to preach cause that would do both sides a disservice. But I will say that I’ve seen individuals Apply the “logic” game to something spiritual and it doesn’t prove intelligence in fact it’s proves the total opposite cause a true intellectual would be comfortable in his knowledge and not have to overbear it in some sort of propaganda, I would ask what do you attempt to gain, but my lowly iq would not be able to match your all knowing infinite knowledge. But a true genius listens more then they talk.
This is a discussion and debate board.

Would you have me grovel?

I do not see my statement as offence. It does not become so till you engage with an argument. Till then, I am just maintaining my course.

Your last is sort of partially true.

I am not sure what you mean by follower of Christ, because Jesus was never anointed King of the Jews, so never earned that title of Christ.
IOW, there is no Jesus the Christ.

As to Christians; if I go by the standards that Jesus put to recognize anyone that had any faith or belief in him and thus made them Christians, there are none.
The standard was that they could do all he did and more.

I do not see anyone doing that. Do you?

Regards
DL

I mean if you ask me, you speak with a lot of disdain for something you don’t believe in. I can’t debate with you as I’m not well versed in the Bible, and I’m a 28 year old disabled individual. All I can say is respect how you believe and agree to disagree. I’m not here to preach cause that would do both sides a disservice. But I will say that I’ve seen individuals Apply the “logic” game to something spiritual and it doesn’t prove intelligence in fact it’s proves the total opposite cause a true intellectual would be comfortable in his knowledge and not have to overbear it in some sort of propaganda, I would ask what do you attempt to gain, but my lowly iq would not be able to match your all knowing infinite knowledge. But a true genius listens more then they talk.

My focus is not on I Q. It is on morality and the immorality in Christianity.

If you cannot agree that a genocidal god is evil, and so is his homophobic and misogynous religion, then ----

Regards
DL

I am certainly not going to agree on that.

What right has a species to exist when rape exists among its members? You cannot really argue on this point, I would hope.

I would say the species has every right to exist, but the individual rapists need to be removed from society.

I am certainly not going to agree on that.

What right has a species to exist when rape exists among its members? You cannot really argue on this point, I would hope.

If you are not going to argue for the morality of genocide, what makes you think I will jump to some pet peeve of yours.

Reciprocity is fair play. Play fair or -----

Regards
DL

I would say the species has every right to exist, but the individual rapists need to be removed from society.

What does removed mean exactly?
An eye for an eye. or did you have something that exceeds that in mind?

Regards
DL