• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

why benzos are so tolerancable?

ibtisam midlet

Bluelighter
im taking 180mg Prazepam once every month, it give me mild anxiolytic effect for three days then stop, even if i mega dose 52.5mg lorazepam next day, it will not work any.

December Flower

Bluelighter
Tolerable *
@Gaffy Yeah they're both fake words. Your fake word is even weirder
Guys, you have major English issues.
"Tolerable" means it's easy to tolerate, in a sense of saying "passable" or "adequate" - it's OK, good, whatever.

If we talk about "Tolerability" in medicine, we're talking about how well the patient's body/mind can tolerate said substance. Do they have adverse effects from it? Etc. pp.

What you wannabe-smartypants mean is "Why are benzos inducing tolerance so fast?" - There is no word for that. Well, Tachyphylaxis, but that's another thing, although it's likely why OP isn't getting much from their drug benders :/

Zephyn

Bluelighter
Guys, you have major English issues.
"Tolerable" means it's easy to tolerate, in a sense of saying "passable" or "adequate" - it's OK, good, whatever.

If we talk about "Tolerability" in medicine, we're talking about how well the patient's body/mind can tolerate said substance. Do they have adverse effects from it? Etc. pp.

What you wannabe-smartypants mean is "Why are benzos inducing tolerance so fast?" - There is no word for that. Well, Tachyphylaxis, but that's another thing, although it's likely why OP isn't getting much from their drug benders :/
Yeah tolerability is a word. I didn't see the context this was used in, so I assumed he was trying to say tolerable.

mal3volent

Sr. Moderator: CEPS, TL, S&G
Staff member
I dunno. Ive eaten 30 before without getting super intoxicated.

30 of the .5's maybe.
or do you mean 30 mg ?
yeah you won't feel intoxicated in that case you'll just go to sleep.

Zephyn

Bluelighter
30 of the .5's maybe.
or do you mean 30 mg ?
yeah you won't feel intoxicated in that case you'll just go to sleep.
30mg. I didn't sleep either. I had just gotten out of a hospital where I had been given regular injections for two weeks. Left with some, first tried 10mg, nothing, then 20mg, then 30mg. The 30 felt like 4mg would have at the beginning. And this is all without physical dependency.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
OP I notice you seem to have tolerance issues with every drug you try.. Either your expecting too much (my guess) or your someone that becomes intolerancable (words!) to substances very quickly.

I think your honestly expecting too much, nothing is going to be a miracle cure and while there is better living through altering ourselves pharmacologically, there’s also a limit...

-GC

ibtisam midlet

Bluelighter
OP I notice you seem to have tolerance issues with every drug you try.. Either your expecting too much (my guess) or your someone that becomes intolerancable (words!) to substances very quickly.

I think your honestly expecting too much, nothing is going to be a miracle cure and while there is better living through altering ourselves pharmacologically, there’s also a limit...

-GC
i'm self studying tolerance, even doctors don't know shit about how much it need to get it, 50% of medications i use still working even by low doses like 10mg anafranil give me mild long-term effect, add to that olanzpine is working with 5mg/day she also give me mild long-term effect, but the problem that increasing the dose multiple times even x10 don't increase the effect.

but other medications like benzo have no long-term effect (mean when i took it daily) on me at all, included theanine, some other people i hear still get effect even after years of continue use but no for me, i just got this Tachyphylaxis in 15 days after my first use of them. (so i have very fast onset tolerance to benzos)
tolerance to smoking nicotine have noticeable decrease after just 24 hours, she still able to cause endorphin rush but just for few minutes.

Last edited:

AlphaMethylPhenyl

Moderator: MH
Staff member
Because GABA makes up 90% of inhibitory nt's?

What kind of dependence do you expect if you always had a few drinks in you?

ibtisam midlet

Bluelighter
Because GABA makes up 90% of inhibitory nt's?

What kind of dependence do you expect if you always had a few drinks in you?
I don't drink at all, my just use of GABA is benzo, I don't have any dependence and was not recreational for me they just completely inhibit anxiety (but indirectly lead to very mild antidepressants effect)

AlphaMethylPhenyl

Moderator: MH
Staff member
The salient features in dependence are the same enough.

That's called euphoria, not an antidepressant effect. They act on the reward circuit, no surprise.