• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why aren't benzos/GHB more popular drugs?

Another misunderstood dagger, I see this all over the place benzos don't get u high man they're prescribed to either taper or to heal your condition. Opiates get you high, lol.

Back in my raving days, people were switching from MDMA to ketamine. A lot of the older folks in the club scene were hooked to GHB. I tried it a few times. I wasn't a big fan of G, I prefered so much ket. From what I had heard, a lot of people from back in the days are now in synthetic opiates or benzo habits. Police seized lots of candy-like pills with RC benzos in them. I never tried benzos, I fear dependance on them. I had opiates for legitimate uses, but I replaced that slowly building habit with CBD products.

Ketamine and GHB are totally different drugs, GHB isn't a psychedelic or a dissociative, it's a pure pleasure drug, a strong gabaergic.

Another misunderstood dagger, I see this all over the place benzos don't get u high man they're prescribed to either taper or to heal your condition. Opiates get you high, lol.
I don't really disagree or want to put labels on people, but i have the suspicion that "getting high" is not as straightforward as one is tempted to assume. Maybe it depends on where you start out from? Some folks had to endure nasty stuff, messed-up childhoods, trauma, abuse etc., and the fallout of that is their normal; they don't identify with that, question it or perhaps don't even remember cause it happend so early in childhood.

So getting a break from all that can probably resemble the impression of "getting high". You take a couple of drops of a liquid (or pill or whatever..) and all of a sudden there is this peace of mind, this space and relaxation folks perhaps never experienced before. And that's worth flirting with the devil in form of a pretty addictive substance group. If you live a carefree happy anxiety-free life, for whatever reason, there might be not much of a appeal to that, hence, you don't "get high".

But then, i havn't tried every benzodiazepine, maybe some are in fact super euphoric and whatnot? And yet again, where do i myself start out from?

Ketamine and GHB are totally different drugs, GHB isn't a psychedelic or a dissociative, it's a pure pleasure drug, a strong gabaergic.

I agree with you, but both are tools to deal with the comedown after a binge of speed/XTC. Also, many people are doing ket in small lines socially also as a pleasure drug.

I don't really disagree or want to put labels on people, but i have the suspicion that "getting high" is not as straightforward as one is tempted to assume. Maybe it depends on where you start out from? Some folks had to endure nasty stuff, messed-up childhoods, trauma, abuse etc., and the fallout of that is their normal; they don't identify with that, question it or perhaps don't even remember cause it happend so early in childhood.

So getting a break from all that can probably resemble the impression of "getting high". You take a couple of drops of a liquid (or pill or whatever..) and all of a sudden there is this peace of mind, this space and relaxation folks perhaps never experienced before. And that's worth flirting with the devil in form of a pretty addictive substance group. If you live a carefree happy anxiety-free life, for whatever reason, there might be not much of a appeal to that, hence, you don't "get high".

But then, i havn't tried every benzodiazepine, maybe some are in fact super euphoric and whatnot? And yet again, where do i myself start out from?

This is very true. When I was a teenager I smoked tonnes of weed but I never found pleasure in it, it was more just a sense of relief from anxiety and trauma. Same with excessive drinking. When I first started doing acid at a young age - early 20s - my trips all ended up badly. It was only in my 30s and 40s after lots of therapy that I began to feel the deeper pleasures of drugs as something more than just a temporary block to dark feelings. It's quite incredible how much better drugs feel to me now compared to when I was young.

I do not understand why you tasted drugs at work??? Especially Xanax if you have no tolerance? Why did you do this? And no, a lot of people can function on it. You just don't know who ;)

JJ
Why because I was stupid, I was 19 at the time and didn't know better.

What happened when you took Xanax at work?
I kept falling asleep, I would force myself to stay awake, and it was torture. And every time I would fall asleep, a customer would wake up when it was time to check out. Luckily I didn't get in trouble for it. I guess people just thought I was just very tired.