• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why are xanax bars the most popular dosage?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
I've done benzos here and there for years but I never figured out how 2mg bars are a recreational dosage for most people. I usually just took 1mg and drank a few beers with it or if i wanted to get fucked up I would split the bar into pieces, even though nothing on the street is real anymore I'm just talking about back when it was. Even if I have little binges of benzos 2mg still seems crazy to me at once and I don't really like the blackout shit so I just do a little bit with some weed. Even now I'm doing etizolam and I just do .5 doses here and there and that's half as strong as xanax and I feel it pretty good and I still feel it a little bit the next day.

I never understood how people are just running around popping bars. Do they have seizures when they stop? Do they even research the withdrawal effects? I don't see how anyone gets that tolerance like that without a script, not to mention a lot of them are pressed with 4mg and clam is popular now.

High tolerance. 2017 there were plenty of fakes around. Been on Rx-ed for close to 30 years and if they real it doesnt take long to build a tolerance and/or crippling dependence.

The whole benzo tolerance is amazing. I knew a BL'er that was on 100 mgs of etizolam a day. Had to go to a doctor and got the doc to write at least 200 mgs of diazepam a day and he still had issues tapering. No real ending to the story as he died of pneumonia and is now in the Shrine. But he and others told me someone takes 1 mgs of xanax or etizolam and try and chase the non existing high and by the end of the week are taking 6-10 mgs of xanax and that becomes the new baseline. It has been said just never increase like that, because then the person has to take that much going forward.

I like the warning thread on benzos that was just kicked up. It can save some people some grief if they just use some common sense in quantity and frequency of benzo dosing.

Yeah, my particular rule of thumb on this (or any supposed pharmaceutical) is that if it didn't come directly from a pharmacy it ain't real. It may have what is represented as an ingredient but how many pressers do you imagine are that conscientious or really gaf as long as the money flows?

Yeah, my particular rule of thumb on this (or any supposed pharmaceutical) is that if it didn't come directly from a pharmacy it ain't real. It may have what is represented as an ingredient but how many pressers do you imagine are that conscientious or really gaf as long as the money flows?
I got a mix of both from the bottle and street ones. A lot of people got prescribed footballs near me and sometimes rarely bars and I couldn't tell the difference in the pressed shit

Actually yeah I remember I had a shitty pressed bar that made me black out one time when I wasn't even trying to get high and turned me into a blithering retard for hours. That's why I stopped taking them years ago

A lot of people got prescribed footballs near me and sometimes rarely bars and I couldn't tell the difference in the pressed shit
The last "xanax" I did was about a year ago. It was the blue football and a trusted source. Had buds dying from fent laced blue 30s, hydros, benzos and fucking powder coke for fucks sake. Everything was suspect. Whatever was in that football did it for me. It wasn't alp but dont know wtf it was. Felt like fent to me. That was the end of "street" drugs for me and just recently acquired a benz that I know isn't alp but is a very close substitute for it, imo.
ts when I get something I am not expecting that makes me blow my cool. The fuckin profit over greed mentality and the loss of those I become close to.

Yes, a genuine 2mg Xanax bar is ALOT for a newbie

I honestly take 0.5mg peach footballs, and sometimes half them and take a 0.25mg dose, with cannabis and Methadone 12.5mg at night

0.5 mg of Alprazolam is a nice dose. An entire bar is a large dose.

I'm reading all these posts about how strong Xanax is and I'm thinking "what the fuck are they talking about?" I once had a prescription for 1mg alprazolam and routinely took 3 or 4 at a time and washed them down with a pint of 90 proof vodka. And still functioned. Not safe to drive, but not stumbling. Invariably my script ran out early and I'd bum some from my girlfriend and/or buy them on the street.

But just now it hit me. I was drinking heavily then and had been for 20 years. So my tolerance for any sedative must have been incredibly high.

Anyway, a serious double addiction took over and things got real ugly for a while. Getting off benzos/alcohol was one of the toughest struggles of my life.

These days I drink 3 or 4 beers at night and smoke a little weed...but I'll never mess with benzos again.

It happens. I had around a gram a day nordiazepam habit years ago. I don't recall how it escalated to that point, that whole period was a blur. Caused huge memory blanks -- one minute it Sunday, next thing i know its Thursday and I sort of come to awareness mid step in a supermarket. Bizarre times.

Had a doctor prescribe me 180mg/day of diazepam and tapered off, but then that is followed with blank spots in my memory as well, weird times. I had some weird seizure and then went into 18 months of benzo withdrawal hell. I think I just stopped taking it at pretty high dose, 50-60mg. There comes a point where benzo withdrawal psychosis is so severe that you aren't able to help yourself. Probably should have been an inpatient but i'm glad I wasn't since it probably would have induced some psych ward PTSD, plus I got past it any how. Although I'm fairly shellshocked by benzo withdrawal, been through to severe benzo withdrawal syndromes, seperated by a few years. Severe benzo withdrawal never really ends frankly. Your receptors become permanently less efficient and insensitive to endogenous GABA

The last "xanax" I did was about a year ago. It was the blue football and a trusted source. Had buds dying from fent laced blue 30s, hydros, benzos and fucking powder coke for fucks sake. Everything was suspect. Whatever was in that football did it for me. It wasn't alp but dont know wtf it was. Felt like fent to me. That was the end of "street" drugs for me and just recently acquired a benz that I know isn't alp but is a very close substitute for it, imo.
ts when I get something I am not expecting that makes me blow my cool. The fuckin profit over greed mentality and the loss of those I become close to.
Same honestly I live having a more mild benzo and it's a lot easier to control for me. With xanax it was hard to get anything smaller and a quarter bar was already a .5. Too fast and hard hitting when I really want to just chill out for the night.

I'm reading all these posts about how strong Xanax is and I'm thinking "what the fuck are they talking about?" I once had a prescription for 1mg alprazolam and routinely took 3 or 4 at a time and washed them down with a pint of 90 proof vodka. And still functioned. Not safe to drive, but not stumbling. Invariably my script ran out early and I'd bum some from my girlfriend and/or buy them on the street.

But just now it hit me. I was drinking heavily then and had been for 20 years. So my tolerance for any sedative must have been incredibly high.

Anyway, a serious double addiction took over and things got real ugly for a while. Getting off benzos/alcohol was one of the toughest struggles of my life.

These days I drink 3 or 4 beers at night and smoke a little weed...but I'll never mess with benzos again.
I'm the total opposite I do benzos and weed in moderation but never touched alcohol again. 1-2 drinks to kick in a weak ass buzz or something at most.