• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why are there no landrace Sativas on the Canadian market

paranoid android

Bluelight Crew
While i like my White Widow as much as anyone i get sick of smoking it all the time. Anyone know why they don't have something like Durban Poison on the legal market or Panama red?

Down here we got plenty of Durban.

I also just tried a strain called Dread Bread which was a Columbian landrace Sativa mixed with a landrace Indica.

Funny we never get White Widow here. Having tried weed from a few states in the US I’ve noticed each area has its own preference for strains. Probably same up there for you too.

-GC

In Ontario they have Acapulco Gold. Sadly we don't here in Newfoundland. I used to order Durban online but the retailer never has it anymore. My fav strain though is Red Congo.

In Winnipeg we have Durban Poison, Sinaloa & Columbian Gold and a lot of Thai’s on the legal market. also, a lot of legal Canadian products are renamed.

@ paranoid android I haven’t had the flower but have tried a Red Congolese fill spectrum cartridge (Daily/Zen Medical). Are you sick of Sour Diesel or Haze’s?

Tom

Mainly because sativas take a really long time to flower is why you dont see them too often - plus the demand for them is lower than the indicas - but most everything is a hybrid now anyway

sativas just run better as an outdoor too - and you're in Canada so there's not gonna be much outdoor there to begin with

I like trolling my dad with those old weed names, like panama red, acapulco gold, maui wowie etc. Like I'd pass him a joint and say "I know this won't be as good as those thai sticks you were puffing on back in the day but enjoy!"

in NZ most my indoor strains i smoke are all sativa or hybrids i rarely ever see indica these days. Sativa is the best strains people must be wack over in north america preferring indicas.

In Winnipeg we have Durban Poison, Sinaloa & Columbian Gold and a lot of Thai’s on the legal market. also, a lot of legal Canadian products are renamed.

@ paranoid android I haven’t had the flower but have tried a Red Congolese fill spectrum cartridge (Daily/Zen Medical). Are you sick of Sour Diesel or Haze’s?

Tom
I like Sour Diesal and Haze's but i get sick of smoking them all the time. Sour D is kinda like the Heineken of weed as in it's everywhere and is atleast a decent fall back. I would kill for those strains though. The northern lights haze you get here is really good though but it's expensive.

I've been very fortunate to find my personal favorite strain, Durban Poison (and Durban Margy) here on the east coast of the States. In fact, just got an 1/2 oz. of DP for $110. Hope it maybe shows up for you this summer.

in NZ most my indoor strains i smoke are all sativa or hybrids i rarely ever see indica these days. Sativa is the best strains people must be wack over in north america preferring indicas.
A lot of people who smoke Indica do so because they use cannabis/hashish for pain, to relax, help them sleep, etc.

I actually preferred Sativa pot and hash or even Sativa dominant types but I would basically smoke any pot or hashish I could get, or was offered by friends.