• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why are modern MDMA pills so highly dosed?

whiteHot

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I've checked my favorite darknet market yesterday and was shocked at how highly dosed modern MDMA pills are. The lowest dose per pill I saw was 240 mg while most were at 300 mg. Obviously, that dose is way too high and I would never take such a pill, but there must be demand as they dominate the market. What is the reason behind these dosages? How are you even supposed to take these pills? You could break them in half, I guess, and hope that the MDMA is evenly distributed in the pill, but it seems needlessly complicated and unreliable.

Best regards,

whiteHot.

I think its because they all come with snap lines so when you buy 1 pill for X amount (if you're sensible) you're getting 2 rolls/doses.

Gone are the days of double/triple dropping like i did as a kid lol

Generally, because they're compensating for the poor quality MDMA contained within.
Never thought of that but tbf probably is the main reason lol

Cant even remember the last time i took an E.
Probably write me off thesedays haha

On a market? Very likely marketing spin unless they’ve posted lab results to prove it. It happens with LSD also. I’ve bought tabs advertised as 200 ug “so be careful” and found them to feel a lot like they’re really in the 80-100 ug range.

Or as @F.U.B.A.R. says it’s shitty MDMA pills. Possibly also pills with a big punch because they’ve got something in them besides MDMA to make them hit harder.

That said, the European drug testing sites do show a lot of pills with 200+ mg MDMA. I’ve been using the Know Drugs app which aggrgatetests from many different labs.

I’d be happy to find a 200 mg pill given all the MDMA crystal I’ve sourced in recent months has only 5-10 % MDMA.

I've been getting pills that are supposed to be a minimum of 180mg and they're great! I had three last night and thinking about having another soon. Lol. Never had a single 300mg monster yet but they seem like popular pills.

MDMA got very cheap to make, so manufacturers bumped up the dosages to build brands and get attention. Nothing like a "super strength ecstasy warning" headline to get pills moving. And once the first few crews started doing it the others had to match them or their pills would seem weak by comparison. Here's an article about it when the first really high dose pills started appearing: https://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/31093/1/why-are-pills-so-strong-right-now

If it was a problem with the MDMA, you would expect the dosage people put in capsules to have increased as well. However that's still 100mg (or 125mg) pretty much everywhere. It's only when you can build a brand with a unique pill design that the dosages jump up.

MDMA got very cheap to make, so manufacturers bumped up the dosages to build brands and get attention. Nothing like a "super strength ecstasy warning" headline to get pills moving. And once the first few crews started doing it the others had to match them or their pills would seem weak by comparison. Here's an article about it when the first really high dose pills started appearing: https://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/31093/1/why-are-pills-so-strong-right-now

If it was a problem with the MDMA, you would expect the dosage people put in capsules to have increased as well. However that's still 100mg (or 125mg) pretty much everywhere. It's only when you can build a brand with a unique pill design that the dosages jump up.

False. Many Uk rollers talk about how they only buy in grams and never mess with points, they laugh at Americans on Reddit over this discrepancy. You should know…

-GC

I dunno but the strength of some of these pills seems surprising. These are European

I still don't understand the full story on MDMA quality in terms of changes in synthesis routes, ratios of isomers, possible synthesis contaminants how it relates to good and bad MDMA

I still don't understand the full story on MDMA quality in terms of changes in synthesis routes, ratios of isomers, possible synthesis contaminants how it relates to good and bad MDMA
That's ok, the thread about it here has made it clear that nobody else does either. It's still largely speculation.

honestly i just need help with this...please

False. Many Uk rollers talk about how they only buy in grams and never mess with points, they laugh at Americans on Reddit over this discrepancy. You should know…

-GC
This was covered in the article I linked if you had bothered to read it.
The average amount taken by UK users was 0.42 grams per session: the average around the world is 0.28, so the UK looks like the heaviest users.
The fact that the UK has a deeply troubling culture of drug abuse (alcohol, cocaine, MDMA, everything) should not be generalized to the rest of the world. That level of abuse isn't actually normal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. How do you deal with these strong pills? Do you buy them and just take half? Or have you switched to MDMA crystals and just measure the amount yourself?

I read somewhere that pill manufacturers are following demands. Consumers want ridiculously strong products. It's not just MDMA but practically everything that involves drugs. Energy drinks for example are on shelves with 250mg+ caffeine content which is insane considering that is the same as 5 cups of coffee. What makes it worse is kids drink that stuff for fun (me included!) and because it's not an 'illegal drug' they keep coming back. 2 cans of energy drink at 250mg+ and you are exceeding a healthy intake of caffeine and in what? Maybe 2-3 hours, depending on how fiendish you feel for another can? It's not fun times when your body is going haywire because you've shot it out with excessive amounts of stimulants! Then you have anabolic steroids. No longer is it acceptable to take what has long since been considered a relatively safe dose of testosterone (around 200-300mg a week). You now get vials containing 500mg+ in ONE injection! And people are injecting this stuff twice or more a week! And most guys injecting this stuff don't look like Arnie.

It's demand. Pure and simple. People want extreme products. When you buy computer components and you are more than the average user, you buy extreme processors or extreme RAM. When you buy experience passes (or something similar) you buy extreme days out. When you drink and you're partial for intoxication, you buy extreme concoctions at the bar with more than enough accumulated alcohol intake to down a family of elephants at the end of the night.

It's not necessarily a good thing although you can see the economic advantages of having more available should you need it and when you are talking about MDMA and presuming you have real stuff, 300mg of MDMA is nicer to have around than 150mg, if only the individual possessing it could savor the dosage and take it in halves! 150mg is still a fairly high dose though and all at once, there's no redosing at that level. Probably best off snapping into quarters for better management of the dose.

I regularly take 3x 180mg (540mg) as my beginning dose of MDMA, and probably would take an entire 300mg or 250mg pill without considering it too much. I've never not rolled hard like this and the supposed meh-dma phenomona has been the farthest thing from my mind.

-GC
If the UK rollers on Reddit didn't know there are people like me in the US that regularly consume over a gram per session (or possibly in my case binge as I might initially dose 540mg and then redose 360mg awhile later then possibly another redose, maybe even another). I've been known to go pretty hard for up to 4 days straight with MDMA lately. Today I've been up 3 days from MDMA but my last dose was last night so I've just been experiencing afterglow or whatever today.

Really I want to pop so bad!! I need to sleep but I have 6 pills left. So tempting! It's unreal how much weight I've lost from doing MDMA like this over the past few months.

I regularly take 3x 180mg (540mg) as my beginning dose of MDMA, and probably would take an entire 300mg or 250mg pill without considering it too much. I've never not rolled hard like this and the supposed meh-dma phenomona has been the farthest thing from my mind.
I'm curious, was your first MDMA usage at lower doses (half a pill, 100mg, etc) or at the level you are now consuming MDMA at? How long have you been using MDMA?

I'm curious, was your first MDMA usage at lower doses (half a pill, 100mg, etc) or at the level you are now consuming MDMA at? How long have you been using MDMA?
I used to do things in my early twenties (I'm 36 now) like binge 12 pills over a three day period. Those pills were strong enough to really roll on if you snorted half of one while smoking some meth. My first time I took one pill and it kicked my ass. The second time I redosed 1 pill a few hours in. Back then single pills were so expensive most people were lucky to afford two a night, lol.
The pills I've been getting the last few months are the first presses I've ever had that had an online test with a mg quantity count of the MDMA. I was bingeing these 10 pills over a 3 day period but after looking them up and finding out that is possibly 1.8g of MDMA I've cut back my dosing a bit.

I did dose 360mg like an hour ago and likely still coming up a bit.

I started doing MDMA in 2003. I used it pretty regularly until 2006 then didn't roll until 2010 when I heavily used 4-MMC, bk-MDMA, bk-MBDB, 4-FMC, 4-FA, 6-APB, and anything else that would produce a roll. Several months ago my weed man gave me a pill and I was shocked to find it worked! I actually had a pill that felt like MDMA for the first time in over a decade.

I've been bingeing off and on for several months now. Owning a kilo of 4-MMC was what originally made me try to just roll continually (far far beyond my previous 3 or 4 day MDMA binges). My limit for days with no sleep on 4-MMC was 12 days. That's a loooong time to continuously roll HARD.

These days I try not to push beyond a couple of days with no sleep and am aware that MDMA is far more measurably neurotoxic compared to 4-MMC. Even still I feel less sketched out taking MDMA at these dosages and staying up than I did recently with much, much smaller amounts of meth (Which is far more neurotoxic than MDMA to dopamine neurons, and at much, much smaller dosages).

I wish I was eating more bc I'm so skinny now. Can see all my muscles and ribs and whatnot.
One reason I've been rolling so much is that not only are the pills I get stronger than ever they're a fraction of the price I used to pay even for 'larger' buys back in the day. I always get 10 bc if I buy 10 or more the cost per pill is like 1/4th the cost of buying pills individually. Having 10 at my disposal has invariably led me to rolling more often and at high dosages.

I'm not sure if it's common to binge MDMA like I do but it's something I've always tended towards. Once I start to roll coming down just sounds annoying at best.

Hi all,

I've checked my favorite darknet market yesterday and was shocked at how highly dosed modern MDMA pills are. The lowest dose per pill I saw was 240 mg while most were at 300 mg. Obviously, that dose is way too high and I would never take such a pill, but there must be demand as they dominate the market. What is the reason behind these dosages? How are you even supposed to take these pills? You could break them in half, I guess, and hope that the MDMA is evenly distributed in the pill, but it seems needlessly complicated and unreliable.

Best regards,

whiteHot.
Ha since most Sassafras or Safrole is long since gone I doubt seriously they are MDMA and probably just Binders. If you test them and I mean multiple reagent testing to get accuracy you find it to be something else I am sure.

I used to do things in my early twenties (I'm 36 now) like binge 12 pills over a three day period. Those pills were strong enough to really roll on if you snorted half of one while smoking some meth. My first time I took one pill and it kicked my ass. The second time I redosed 1 pill a few hours in. Back then single pills were so expensive most people were lucky to afford two a night, lol.
The pills I've been getting the last few months are the first presses I've ever had that had an online test with a mg quantity count of the MDMA. I was bingeing these 10 pills over a 3 day period but after looking them up and finding out that is possibly 1.8g of MDMA I've cut back my dosing a bit.

I did dose 360mg like an hour ago and likely still coming up a bit.

I started doing MDMA in 2003. I used it pretty regularly until 2006 then didn't roll until 2010 when I heavily used 4-MMC, bk-MDMA, bk-MBDB, 4-FMC, 4-FA, 6-APB, and anything else that would produce a roll. Several months ago my weed man gave me a pill and I was shocked to find it worked! I actually had a pill that felt like MDMA for the first time in over a decade.

I've been bingeing off and on for several months now. Owning a kilo of 4-MMC was what originally made me try to just roll continually (far far beyond my previous 3 or 4 day MDMA binges). My limit for days with no sleep on 4-MMC was 12 days. That's a loooong time to continuously roll HARD.

These days I try not to push beyond a couple of days with no sleep and am aware that MDMA is far more measurably neurotoxic compared to 4-MMC. Even still I feel less sketched out taking MDMA at these dosages and staying up than I did recently with much, much smaller amounts of meth (Which is far more neurotoxic than MDMA to dopamine neurons, and at much, much smaller dosages).

I wish I was eating more bc I'm so skinny now. Can see all my muscles and ribs and whatnot.
One reason I've been rolling so much is that not only are the pills I get stronger than ever they're a fraction of the price I used to pay even for 'larger' buys back in the day. I always get 10 bc if I buy 10 or more the cost per pill is like 1/4th the cost of buying pills individually. Having 10 at my disposal has invariably led me to rolling more often and at high dosages.

I'm not sure if it's common to binge MDMA like I do but it's something I've always tended towards. Once I start to roll coming down just sounds annoying at best.
Yeah But did you learn about pre-loading???? Yeah remember even if you got pure Sass it only works with NORMAL levels of what you got to fuel it with...AHHHH I learn to super charge those neurons and messengers and probably even multiplied the receiver's,,,who even knows? just know I definitely got way better experience than in 1990s because I wanted to learn how to get more from those new Rc's. Use good Muscle Mix and Phenylalanine along with believe it or not good hearty steak and Amino Pre workout drinks. I used to Love Blue Thunder amino drink and other drinks by ABB for stimulating the brain and body.