• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why are MDMA pills more expensive than MD rock?

nooodle

Bluelighter
I've always wondered why MDMA pills are more soared after by MD users, and why they are so much more expensive than just rock.

So many advertisements I see of MD pills being sold at decently high prices, while capsules (100mg) remain at around 15-20AU$, I know you're probably going to say the pills are higher dosed in which, yes. But it would still be cheaper to get more capsules to match the dosage...
Just don't really get why pills are a thing, or why people want them so much?
Someone wanna explain, i don't get it.

Aside from being a branded and identifiable product - pills go unchanged from manufacture through to end-user.

No added cuts, adulterants or bullshit as they get passed down the chain, just a slight price increase per unit.

Pressing pills also adds some cost due to the labour, machinery and inventory involved.

Does anyone know on average the purity content of powder vs pills? Maybe based on seized product? The manufacturer can obviously press whatever they want into the pill too. Just curious if there were any stats on purity of powder vs pills. My guess is pills on the whole would have less adulterants.

The best pressed pills will contain extra drugs to give it a crazy kick so price can go up. But pressing pills is a time consuming process. The pressed pills straight from holland are super cheap but they go for high prices outside of it.

Pills might be more expensive if being pressed with a fair proportion of much more expensive meth.

would imagine it's more labor intensive

you pay more for a dude to make your lunch and bring it out to you than you do buying ingredients and assembling at home

Pretty much this.

The time I ever reliably bought MDMA pills was during a period where a local producer was creating nearly impossible to replicate presses with MDMA and MDA of a purity level not often seen. Everyone who took them would talk about how the “synth felt different.” Old school 90’s vibe to the pills.

But... While many believe presses mean a standardized product, it’s all too easy these days to produce copycat pills of all the famous Dutch Presses. Instead the under dose them with less pure MDMA, still test legit but now your getting 150mg of so-so purity product instead of 250mg of kick you in the nuts MD.

Also occasionally a presser comes up with a formulation of various compounds to make a pill better than one could think up themselves. I won’t go into such mixtures but while some random user may think to add a little meth, or Amphetamine or caffeine or MDA to their MDMA, it’s the experienced presser that may know the better ratios of these drugs to give an experience the user really enjoys.

-GC