• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Why are benzos in 'other drugs'?

ValiumTorenceSkyHi

Bluelighter
Just a quick post here i dont understand why benzos do not have there own catogory people should be made aware of the the main danger of how easy it is to become hoocked! I started at 18 now im taking 120 +mg of valium a day! to feel normal! if i miss that i get the shakes! day 3 without any! in a really bad way ! day 4 Seizure! be lucky to be alive doing cold turkey bye yourself! on day 5-6So just wondering if bluelight is is raise awaernes, among other things give benzodiazepiones there own space! let people talk! discuss how good! yet how really bad they are! And most people IME dont relize there hoocked until they stop for for example a holiday or something similar!anyway thoughts? would be great hear them?I just joined last week so sorry my intension is not to offend the blue light people in anyway just wondering why? make a catagory 'benzos and other downers' thats just a quick thought but something similarBenzos are the worse drug to become addicted to IMO!Peace*****

You make some intresting points. We are a harm reduction community, so we do talk about things like how well they work, what they do, their benifit. We also include abuse, dependence, negative effects on the mind, rebound anxiety, etc. We cover all the bases.

You make some intresting points. We are a harm reduction community, so we do talk about things like how well they work, what they do, their benifit. We also include abuse, dependence, negative effects on the mind, rebound anxiety, etc. We cover all the bases.
yea i suppose so but benzos should stick out! Not hidden away in other drugs! Thats all i ment! thanks for the reply!

Same could be said for opiates & opioids, always thought it was strange that one of the worlds most well known and widely used drug - morphine, and all her buddies, didn't have its own home. All good, the fact that opiates are inOther Drugs the bold lettering says it all I suppose.

Same could be said for opiates & opioids, always thought it was strange that one of the worlds most well known and widely used drug - morphine, and all her buddies, didn't have its own home. All good, the fact that opiates are inOther Drugs the bold lettering says it all I suppose.

I actually noticed that i thought that would be there to! kinda jumping out at ya on the screen! but im just 1 person im sure blue light know what there doing! :)

People have brought this topic up before and I believe the consensus of the BL staff is that in many ways it can be detrimental to harm reduction. First, you would have more sub-forums which could confuse new members and they could potentially post in the wrong forum where their questions may go unaswered. Not everyone is knowledgable of drugs and keeping the subforums rather broad in scope means more eyeballs of those with the knowledge or experience will see the posts of the more naive.

Second, where is the line of demarcation? Do barbituates, pregabalin, GHB go under benzos or do they get their own forum? Do we separate Ritalin-like drugs and amphetamines? Then where would a drug like modafanil fit? It not only is logistically a nightmare, but again, the more you break it down into smaller groups, the potentially less people will see.

And last, more forums means more moderators. And while they do what they do for no pay, the issue arises in finding quality moderators for each subforum. BL has plenty of smart people but not everyone, even if they are perfectly suited for the job, dont want to be mods, which means the ones in charge of these new sections may not be the best candidates and could negatively impact the goal of HR.

Maybe as an alternative, there could be an indexing type thing put in place. You must forgive my ignorance on computer coding here, but what I am envisioning is a tab at the top of each section. So for OD, you would see listed benzo, opioid, amphetamine etc and you click it and only post relevant to those drugs pop up.

Edit: There is something similar to what I just said. If you click other drug directory or threads of importance it breaks it down. I was thinking more generally than that, where a list of all threads about drug x would show up, without using the search engine, but imagine that is not easy to do.

Last edited:
People have brought this topic up before and I believe the consensus of the BL staff is that in many ways it can be detrimental to harm reduction. First, you would have more sub-forums which could confuse new members and they could potentially post in the wrong forum where their questions may go unaswered. Not everyone is knowledgable of drugs and keeping the subforums rather broad in scope means more eyeballs of those with the knowledge or experience will see the posts of the more naive.

Second, where is the line of demarcation? Do barbituates, pregabalin, GHB go under benzos or do they get their own forum? Do we separate Ritalin-like drugs and amphetamines? Then where would a drug like modafanil fit? It not only is logistically a nightmare, but again, the more you break it down into smaller groups, the potentially less people will see.

And last, more forums means more moderators. And while they do what they do for no pay, the issue arises in finding quality moderators for each subforum. BL has plenty of smart people but not everyone, even if they are perfectly suited for the job, dont want to be mods, which means the ones in charge of these new sections may not be the best candidates and could negatively impact the goal of HR.

Maybe as an alternative, there could be an indexing type thing put in place. You must forgive my ignorance on computer coding here, but what I am envisioning is a tab at the top of each section. So for OD, you would see listed benzo, opioid, amphetamine etc and you click it and only post relevant to those drugs pop up.

Edit: There is something similar to what I just said. If you click other drug directory or threads of importance it breaks it down. I was thinking more generally than that, where a list of all threads about drug x would show up, without using the search engine, but imagine that is not easy to do.

Yea i agree dude! dont really know why im moaning about it im already on this website thats free! i get advice/give it cant expect what i want lol! basically just because i think people have to be aware of the dangers of benzos i suppose i wrote that but yea! i agree! lol just an fyi i turned this on at 12.00pm and iv been on till now! thats nearly 8 hours! just surfing with smoke breaks! Great site lol!

I mean this nicely OP, but I don't know where you've been, but benzodiazepines are all over the place. We talk about benzos around here so much that we usually refer to them in their generic forum. You're right. We could break this down and organize all our benzo information, but we are more word of mouth people. Truth is, here is no wrong answer. HR, ftw.

Yea i agree dude! dont really know why im moaning about it im already on this website thats free! i get advice/give it cant expect what i want lol! basically just because i think people have to be aware of the dangers of benzos i suppose i wrote that but yea! i agree! lol just an fyi i turned this on at 12.00pm and iv been on till now! thats nearly 8 hours! just surfing with smoke breaks! Great site lol!

Lol, many a post arise from those chain-reading the forum. Add drugs into the mix and you get some interesting stuff. If you really think it is a good idea, start a post in support. The mods and admins will answer with more detail.

If I recall correctly, when blue light started it was more of an MDMA/ecstasy board. Pretty much everything other than MDMA and psychedelics were generalized under the Other Drugs forum.

Since then of course BL has expanded, but when members inquire about having a separate forum for opiates (for example) , no one wants to really divide up other drugs, for reasons mentioned above, and also because the majority of users are not strictly "one drug" users. This way, information is easily accessible. Plus a lot of posts include stuff about say, benzos and heroin. So then where does one put that?

Just an example, trying to provide some insight. And welcome, OP

If it's a logistical issue, why not make a section just for sedatives which would cover opiates, benzos, and the more obscure ones like pregabalin? And do the same for stims so you have one board that fits amphetamine and modafinil.

I do agree it's strange that opiates and benzos are popular addictive drugs and yet they lack their own section on BL which has to be the biggest HR forum around. HR for sedatives is probably most important of all.

Bring it up in support but search for and read the posts already made on this topic.

I tend to think of it as:
- mdma & empathogenic drug discussion
- psychedelic drug discussion
- cannabis dicussion
- performance enhancing drugs
and
- other drugs (drugs of addiction and all the rest of the drugs that don't fall under the categories of psychedelics or empathogens)

In terms of drug culture, there seems to be more overlap between, say enthusiastic benzos users (who want to talk about benzos), opiate and amphetamine (for example) users, than there are discussions between the psychedelic crowd.
Not to say trippers don't take benzos, opiates or speed - but from what i've observed, most of the people interested in discussing the multitude of topics around psychedelic drugs don't necessarily have as much to say about benzos.
Performance enhancing drugs are a whole other disussion area, drug class and culture again.

I'm a relative noob in terms of BL's history, but it is true that it started out as an MDMA harm reduction resource. It has continued to expand over the years, and these days encompasses a wide range of drugs.
But elements of the culture that spawned bluelight remain. In this culture, i think it is fair to say that cannabis, empathogens and psychedelics are held in somewhat higher esteem, for whatever reason - perhaps their traditionally good safety profiles.

Many of the Other Drugs topics are more dangerous, and perhaps used for different reasons than the three specific drug types that have their own focus forums.

This is just my personal take on it, not some official stance or anything.

It depends why one is drawn to benzos in the first place. I have anxiety so I have a big interest in both benzos and psychedelics as they both hold medical value for my condition. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Plenty of people who use benzos to help themselves function properly and care enough about drugs to join a forum about them would likely be interested in psychedelic therapy too.

Yeah, some of us here definitely have more experience with benzos and we're still learning. It all started because I have anxiety too.

To the OP, I would never go cold turkey from that extremely high dose. You've already had a seizure. You better get some professional help or at least taper down slowly. Benzo withdrawal is nothing to play around with.

gotta admit I wondered it too. Lots of benzos with subtle nuances you need real experts for, first hand all of them almost, especially after what I won't mention the variation is pretty wide. but thanks for the website alsays I thought it might be easier for you guys.