• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Why am I not addicted to somas

namnoc16

Bluelighter
Ok I'm not complaining but am a little perplexed. I've been taking somas along with oxys for pain for 4 years on a daily. I usually take 350mgs 3x a day but on occasion will pop a few extras when I want to mellow. There have been numerous times when I'll run out and would expect to feel withdrawals because everything I've read it's metabolite is a kind of a barb. I will feel more tightness and a little discomfort when I don't take them but I don't get any of the adverse affects such as sleeplessness or sweats or other wd symptoms. Could it be that wds from somas are exaggerated or possibly my chemical make up having a resistance to accumulating dependency from this particular med? I'm just curious because I've always read that barbiturates can be a horrible withdrawal. Could it be because it's not a true barbiturate?
Any insight is appreciated!

Last edited:
I assume you never run out of opiates at the same time?

I havent found a withdrawal from any drug that wasnt solved by opiates.

Meth binge? Opiates. Alcohol? Opiates. Shit opiates even make benzo withdrawals bearable.

Yeah I don't run out of my oxys they are tightly managed by the boss(my wife lol).

I had a similar habit as you. 3-6 somas a day for years. They stopped working so I decided to end my script. I noticed zero WD. The hardest thing was breaking the daily habit of taking the pills. It felt odd not reaching for them, but that didn't last long. I personally think soma WD is exaggerated but everyone is different so who knows.

Personally SOMAs don't even do that much to me other than knock me out, and I don't feel inclined to take them much because of this. Given it's a muscle relaxer if there is a withdrawal it can't be too bad.

Its metabolized into meprobamate which has a longer half-life (2 hours for carisoprodol, 10 for meprobamate) and takes longer to clear from your system.