• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why am I getting blood clotting inside my syringe when injecting cocaine?

u29em13

Greenlighter
Hi, guys,

I'm at the end of an IV cocaine sesh, so a little jacked up, apologies for any spelling mistakes etc!

Smoked a tiny bit of heroin first, then started on the coke. My first shot was pretty nice, (decent rush, small bellringer) and went into my vein easily. However by the third or fourth shot, once I removed my tourniquet and registered the vein, the blood would stop coming into the syringe in a clear plume and sort of sat at the bottom of the syringe. I would slowly press the plunger, but by the time I had managed to get around a quarter of the shot in, there would be a big blood clot at the bottom of the syringe and blocking the needle.

Wondering if this is something I should be concerned about and if there's anything I can do to avoid this? Anyone had similar experiences?

Further info:
Cocaine was bought online, supposedly over 90% pure, suspect it's more like 40-60%, but still has decent effects snorted and injected and very numbing to gums/mouth/lips. Probably used around 0.75g in preparation, but did not manage inject all of it.
Shooting into one vein on each arm, in the crooks. Site is quite used, veins are still usable but starting to get damaged, can feel scarring due to previous abscess, the other crook vein has collapsed in each arm.
Probably slightly dehydrated as towards the end
Ran out of fresh needles so had to reuse a few, reused 2-3 times tops

Grateful for any input/info. Thanks!

Hi, guys,

I'm at the end of an IV cocaine sesh, so a little jacked up, apologies for any spelling mistakes etc!

Smoked a tiny bit of heroin first, then started on the coke. My first shot was pretty nice, (decent rush, small bellringer) and went into my vein easily. However by the third or fourth shot, once I removed my tourniquet and registered the vein, the blood would stop coming into the syringe in a clear plume and sort of sat at the bottom of the syringe. I would slowly press the plunger, but by the time I had managed to get around a quarter of the shot in, there would be a big blood clot at the bottom of the syringe and blocking the needle.

Wondering if this is something I should be concerned about and if there's anything I can do to avoid this? Anyone had similar experiences?

Further info:
Cocaine was bought online, supposedly over 90% pure, suspect it's more like 40-60%, but still has decent effects snorted and injected and very numbing to gums/mouth/lips. Probably used around 0.75g in preparation, but did not manage inject all of it.
Shooting into one vein on each arm, in the crooks. Site is quite used, veins are still usable but starting to get damaged, can feel scarring due to previous abscess, the other crook vein has collapsed in each arm.
Probably slightly dehydrated as towards the end
Ran out of fresh needles so had to reuse a few, reused 2-3 times tops

Grateful for any input/info. Thanks!
Having had my fair share of binges on IV coke I would almost def say it would have something to do with the cut they're using. Nice clean "rocks" of pure unadulterated coke mix up clear as a bell and knock you straight off your feet. Buying online makes it hard to trace what it has been mixed with without testing it. I reckon the only way around it would be to cook it up then shoot the remaining goodness!!!

Whats the difference between snorting and injecting coke? Does injecting give better euphoria?

I smoke crack and shoot dope (kind of the opposite of you).

I find the blood gets thicker and thicker the more rock I smoke.

By the end of the day on the weekend (when I use the most crack), I have a very hard time hitting a vein and the blood seems different than usual. Not sure what the mechanism is though.

Cut is possible but I think u likely

Whats the difference between snorting and injecting coke? Does injecting give better euphoria?
There"s a massive difference. If you've never shot it before I would suggest you don't as you'll quickly become addicted to the rush and end up sitting around the spoon all night using way more product and spending way more money. A recreational line with the boys and a few beers is where you really want to be at. Once I started shooting it I would sit at home by myself and binge usually all night on it. It would take me nearly an eight ball to get to a certain level where I wouldn't have to keep injecting every half hour or so. It wasn't uncommon to sometimes use for several days and plough thru 20g or more. By that stage I was in a psychosis/paranoia state where every time I'd finish mixing up I'd hide my gear then promptly tear the house apart looking for it because I'd forgotten where I'd stashed it. I'd be doing bigger shots as well that would physically knock me off my feet. After the injecting rush became too familiar i'd start cooking it up and smoking it. This was the most intense rush but also the most expensive. After I started baking up I burned through twice as much money and product. Before I knew it I'd spent nearly $90 000 in about 10 months. It wasn't just a drug anymore I'd developed a relationship with it. I was using Xanax and Physeptone(methadone) tablets to come down off my binges. One year I ended up in a 3 day coma from over dosing on physo's after an all nighter. The end of my coke binge eventually landed me in rehab with pretty bad psychosis. Looking back if I had my time again I would've just stuck to snorting...

by he time I had managed to get around a quarter of the shot in, there would be a big blood clot at the bottom of the syringe and blocking the needle.

This happened to me with iv ket a few times.
I thought it was down to being greedy and putting too much product/not enough water bin the shot (osmosis am I right?)

A 1ml barrel with 400mg product is fine
A 1ml barrel with 500mg product you have to shoot fast before it cools and solidifys
A 1ml barrel with 600mg+ of product you basically have to shoot instantly because it solidifys fast
(product being ket, coke or H may be different amounts)
But sometimes it wouldn't be until I was about half way thru the way it would start solidifying and the lump would always seem to have all the registered blood in?
I've seen this happen with amphetamines too.

Pro tip- if your shot solidifys dump it in a cup of boiling water for a min or so