• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Covid-19 Who's planning on getting a COVID-19 vaccine? (Poll)

Are you planning on getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

• Yes, as soon as possible

• Probably but I'm going to wait a while first and see how others tolerate it

• Probably not but maybe

• No, never

Results are only viewable after voting.

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
They took my health insurance information, and I’m sure they billed them. I don’t know if they would have charged me if I wasn’t insured, but I know at least at certain places some uninsured people were vaccinated for free.

I have health insurance but didn't report being insured in order to avoid red tape. I believe that either way it's free however.

My girlfriend and I might be experiencing an adverse reaction to the moderna vaccine. We had the second shot about 4 weeks ago, but after moving to a new house (which required prolonged and sustained physical exertion) a week ago we both seem to be experiencing what appears to be vestibular neurolgia. Symptoms primarily consist of vertigo of a moderate severity and some cognitive fog (word formation difficulty etc). I feel like the exertion and lack of sleep precipitated this. I started myself on a short course of methylpred and now have myself and my girlfriend on a course of valacylclovir just in case there is a viral origin (which could be the case given that the odds of us experiencing an adverse reaction to the vaccine at the same time is somewhat questionable). My ENT friend thought the logic was sound. Who knows what is actually going on though.

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
correct - they just get paid by the government instead

you guys get taxed way more in the UK

so you're still being robbed by the same criminals as we are

=D
Precisely. That was part of my meaning. But it’s beyond even that-money- ultimately.

Suppression and control of the mind, the pack, the herd, has always been name of game on Pl Earth.

The fact our taxes and £8.50 prescription costs, to mention that, foot some bill, is irrelevant.

Ultimately everything sinister in relation to this cunning, intricate, decietful plot has come from the elite. They make nuff money bruv trust. But that’s largely to continue fuelling their crazy campaigns and research etc.

And exactly too. Allopathic UK, Allopathic US, very coordinated, identical aims and teaching styles.

Confession though- I’m naughty. Genuinely too debilitated by 16 years of severe case of Lyme Disease and more, unable to work....My very justly owed, compared to many, sickness benefits have changed.

Now....don’t telll anyone.but current slight rate changes means, after decades, I am technically liable, on paper, to pay for my one and only orescrupiotiin- simple asthma inhalers, let alone possibly certain dentist treatments.

It’s what we call giving with one hand and taking away with the other!

But I just ticked the same box as always lol. Bad me hey?

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I have health insurance but didn't report being insured in order to avoid red tape. I believe that either way it's free however.

My girlfriend and I might be experiencing an adverse reaction to the moderna vaccine. We had the second shot about 4 weeks ago, but after moving to a new house (which required prolonged and sustained physical exertion) a week ago we both seem to be experiencing what appears to be vestibular neurolgia. Symptoms primarily consist of vertigo of a moderate severity and some cognitive fog (word formation difficulty etc). I feel like the exertion and lack of sleep precipitated this. I started myself on a short course of methylpred and now have myself and my girlfriend on a course of valacylclovir just in case there is a viral origin (which could be the case given that the odds of us experiencing an adverse reaction to the vaccine at the same time is somewhat questionable). My ENT friend thought the logic was sound. Who knows what is actually going on though.

My girlfriend is getting billed for her tests even though they're supposed to be free. or, "maybe" she'll have to pay. it's super weird.

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
My girlfriend is getting billed for her tests even though they're supposed to be free. or, "maybe" she'll have to pay. it's super weird.

ive gotten those before - don't even worry about it. Why they send them, i don't know, but ive never had to pay them, and the one time they did expect me to pay for a blood test, i called them, told them whats up, they apologized for the mistake on their end, and that was that

so don't even slightly sweat it

AutoTripper

Bluelighter

Hey I’m sorry to hear that initially man. I talk braaaash on this in stark contrary view, very insensitively at times.

But only really because I do care about all people really.

I hope your symptoms settle down soon and you both feel More comfortable again and this is also one of the primary but not nearly the primary reasons I would absolutely not want to take the vaccination myself when I am so depleted and fighting so hard to manage conditions as things are, I literally just cannot afford to take any risks where I could make anything worse myself whereas like I have extolled passionately, With the fast acting Treatments I have at my disposal I’m genuinely not at all concerned about serious complication or risk from the particular thing we have been led to dread so much which I did definitely have and overcame surprisingly comfortably and well despite my almost total lack of an immune system and incredibly high susceptibility to severe respiratory infection.

Regardless genuinely hope you feel much better soon the both of you.

Last edited:

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
correct - they just get paid by the government instead

you guys get taxed way more in the UK

so you're still being robbed by the same criminals as we are

=D

Maybe most people but not me.
Never paid a penny of tax in my life.
And the amount of serious health problems I have and time spent in hospital and list of meds I'm on would have cost me tens of millions of dollars in the U.S. But all of it was free here.

[I'm not a tax-fraud or on unemployment benefits or anything; I've had severe mental health problems all my life so never been able to work].

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
And the amount of serious health problems I have and time spent in hospital and list of meds I'm on would have cost me tens of millions of dollars in the U.S. But all of it was free here.

[I'm not a tax-fraud or on unemployment benefits or anything; I've had severe mental health problems all my life so never been able to work].

Sorry to hear

but you'd end up with the same type of health coverage here if you were in the same condition as a citizen - it's called Medicaid

chinup

Moderator: H&R, EADD
Staff member
not really, medicaid provision varies state by state and is less comprehensive than the NHS.

for the income brackets that the vast majority of our populations fall in, the US and UK are paying similar levels of income tax (10-20%). but US citizens then face an additional charge for their healthcare provision that we do not. so US citizens pay way more when you factor in the cost of their healthcare, and they are getting less value for money out of their tax, because unlike in the UK, it does not cover most of their healthcare.

novaveritas

Bluelighter

2 things forcertain in life, Death and Taxes. therefore you pay tax..

UK has VAT to tax people who avoid income tax by not having an income. You were even taxed just then for the internet connection you used to post on bluelight.
20% of the price of everything you buy except food is tax, some food is taxed too like cakes or cake like biscuits. If you drink then you pay VAT and Duty on your escape from reality. If you use illegal drugs then most of the price is an indirect tax caused by the taxpayer funded war on drugs.
UK has fuel tax to catch people who don't buy anthything but travel using fuel. Bicycles are taxed too. everything is taxed from tampons to tambourines
UK has property tax to catch people who live anywhere other than the street.
Electricity is taxed.
UK will eventually tax air and farts to catch those few people who breathe but avoid all the other taxes by not doing anything.
You can have nothing and the taxman will still want some of it.

Without taxes nodoby would need their stinking fiat currency and the whole bullshit edifice would come crashing down.

f you drive a car, car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, cold, I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, walk, I'll tax your feet
I'm the Taxman

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter

UK has VAT to tax people who avoid income tax by not having an income. You were even taxed just then for the internet connection you used to post on bluelight.
20% of the price of everything you buy except food is tax, some food is taxed too like cakes or cake like biscuits. If you drink then you pay VAT and Duty on your escape from reality. If you use illegal drugs then most of the price is an indirect tax caused by the taxpayer funded war on drugs.
UK has fuel tax to catch people who don't buy anthything but travel using fuel. Bicycles are taxed too. everything is taxed from tampons to tambourines
Electricity is taxed.
UK will eventually tax air and farts to catch those few people who breathe but avoid all the other taxes by not doing anything.

Without taxes nodoby would need their stinking fiat currency and the whole bullshit edifice would come crashing down.

I'm the Taxman

I don't pay for my homes internet. I do not drive. I do not use street drug. I also do not pay for my homes food.
You lose!

But even if I did (and I definitely do, in some way or another) pay tax, I am very happy to do so as even if I was in the highest tax bracket and paid 50% of my earning in tax while also working every day for the rest of my life...the tax I payed would still never even come close to adding up to what I have actually used (mostly medically).
I am not proud of this or happy about it, as it makes me kindof a drain on society...but yes.

^I won't rant about how everybody should pay the same % of their earnings in tax (they fucking should), but my dad is in I think the 40% tax bracket so at least he's gotten his money back in terms of the huge healthcare I have needed.
The only reason my dad is IN that tax bracket is because he has worked extremely hard his whole life. His parents did not have much money and nothing he has has came from privilege. Literally just extremely hard work. So why the fuck should he have to pay extra money to taxes just because he works so hard?

AutoTripper

Bluelighter

Electricity is taxed.

I'm the Taxman
You left out the potentially best tax generator of all, which will become increasingly hot property as technology advances- Air.