• The database table for Search and "New Messages" functionality is currently being rebuilt. Until it is completed, you may see empty or incomplete results for these.
  • Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Covid-19 Who's planning on getting a COVID-19 vaccine? (Poll)

Are you planning on getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

• Yes, as soon as possible

• Probably but I'm going to wait a while first and see how others tolerate it

• Probably not but maybe

• No, never

Results are only viewable after voting.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
I’m getting mine after all, I’ll let ya’ll know if I die or not.

After doing my research I’ve concluded that even if the CDC only gets 1% of the negative side effects reports, that my chances are still much worse when it comes to potentially catching Covid and being left with long Covid.

-GC

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
@novaveritas Well damn man you sure know what you're on about & see this the same way as I do.

All the people smiling when they are injected with God knows what is so freaky to me, those lot who trust big pharma must be mad.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I got Pfizer, it's the one I feel the most comfortable with for whatever reason. My second dose is in about 3 weeks. I kinda wanted the J&J, especially since I already had COVID so have some immunity from that. But Pfizer was available and it seems like the best one, anyway.

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
As I'm under 30 I'm probably gonna be the last On the list at least in the big picture good old Britain is getting back on track it's estimated up to 70% of adults will be immune in a weeks time can't effing wait for lockdown to end if I was offered it though I would defo take it kind of a no brainer

birdup.snaildown

Bluelighter
What do I do if I had the first AZ jab and I don't want to get the second one? I assume you can't mix and match? If I got the first jab and didn't have nasty side effects does that mean I won't get clots from the second one?

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I’m getting mine after all, I’ll let ya’ll know if I die or not.

After doing my research I’ve concluded that even if the CDC only gets 1% of the negative side effects reports, that my chances are still much worse when it comes to potentially catching Covid and being left with long Covid.

-GC
My grandma cannot taste anything no lie I mean literally anything she eats now spicy, strong mints, alcohol she can't taste or enjoy it been like it for a year now... And she had this really bad cough for about a week I hope her taste comes back one day btw ebola also had these so called 'long symptoms' funnily enough... Look it up seems a bit suspicious but it's not good to have a suspicious mind so..

novaveritas

Bluelighter
What do I do if I had the first AZ jab and I don't want to get the second one? I assume you can't mix and match? If I got the first jab and didn't have nasty side effects does that mean I won't get clots from the second one?

Of course you can mix n match. It is almost completely untested, but hell taking two doses of any of the same coronavirus vaccines are not exactly thoroughly tested either. Alternatively just don't bother with dose 2.

Maybe mix n match vaccine has been tested more than we think? Emergent Biosolutions in Baltimore have been busy doing their own mix and match lucky dip contract vaccine manufacture, randomly contaminating J&J with AZ virus so maybe this combo has already been widely tested?

The reason for dose 2 is to get the antibody titers in vaccinated individuals above those seen in recovered naturally infected people also (during the trials it was handy and used to disappear those people in the vaccine arm who got corona after the first dose making the vaccine look more efficacious). Higher antibody levels than recovered people is an important marketing tool so the vaccine sellers can claim the vaccine gives 'better' immunity than natural infection.
When this shakes out the first dose of vaccine is likely to have done most of the work. However all the currently claimed numbers for effectiveness and efficacy are implausible.

Perhaps it does but only for antibodies against spike and it is a huge mistake to say higher circulating antibody levels correlate with higher immunity and higher protection. In this situation the obsession with quantity and quantifiable numbers is obscuring quality.

So far clots appear to have been from dose 1. Obviously dose 2 is not given to people who had detected clots from dose 1. If the mechanism is what I think it is the first dose is more dangerous than the second.

Relatively few people have had 2 doses of AZ.

Weak post deployment surveillance and clear burying of bad news by the medical profession and media clouds the situation.

no guarantee dose 2 won't cause problems but you are in Australia/NZ so why does being vaccinated right now matter at all? you can be pragmatic and can afford to wait and see what happens to the other lab rats at zero cost.

novaveritas

Bluelighter
As I'm under 30 I'm probably gonna be the last On the list at least in the big picture good old Britain is getting back on track it's estimated up to 70% of adults will be immune in a weeks time can't effing wait for lockdown to end if I was offered it though I would defo take it kind of a no brainer
Astra Zeneca thanks you for the endorsement. Kind of no brainer like CSVT or an aneurism no brains people?

novaveritas

Bluelighter
I have to be vaccinated for my job.
WTF! so is your employer taking on full consequential liability? Your existing contract says you must be vaccinated with a vaccine that didn't exist when you signed the contract? thought not.

Go with what you think is right. If you are unhappy about the safety medical intervention then what your boss mandates or demands is irrelevant.

Plenty of doctors and nurses in the UK have told the NHS to go fuck themselves over these un-licensed vaccines, guess what the NHS Apparatchiks back down.

novaveritas

Bluelighter
The vaccine did exist when I got my job.

Have you read your contract? I cannot see how in a common law country how an invasive medical intervention can be mandated blind when then there is no quid pro quo accepting liability and no compensatory consideration, invalid contract construction. Call their bluff if you want to wait and see, they are on very shaky ground and they will not want it tested in court. Federal advice in AUS is for under 50s not to receive AZ.

My health and any medical interventions and medicines I take is decided by me and my physician weighing it up, the people I work for have no say in the matter and that is how it should be. Good luck

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
My grandma cannot taste anything no lie I mean literally anything she eats now spicy, strong mints, alcohol she can't taste or enjoy it been like it for a year now... And she had this really bad cough for about a week I hope her taste comes back one day btw ebola also had these so called 'long symptoms' funnily enough... Look it up seems a bit suspicious but it's not good to have a suspicious mind so..
I just wonder on that, whether COVID has a particular affinity for massively exhausting zinc supplies, leaving behind a chronic deficiency.

With zinc deficifiency being well known as a losss of taste and smell.

Offvega

Bluelighter

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
I don't trust this world to take care of us the same way the system has been abusive toward many people on medication
Good on you. Trusting the authorities is truly the most dangerous business on earth, without going into details, and the most unfortunate thing really which holds this world back from the heights it would naturally reach.

Offvega

Bluelighter
Good on you. Trusting the authorities is truly the most dangerous business on earth, without going into details, and the most unfortunate thing really which holds this world back from the heights it would naturally reach.
yeah but not many see it that way, however I know the Truth since some of these medications cause mutations and genetic failure etc so of course it's a game