• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

whos parents let them do drugs?

i can smoke dope at home. test/take pills at home if i wanted too. My mum and her partner smoke weed and dont mind what i do as long as im trying to be safe about it. :)

Good Topic...

Well My parents knew through highschool that I was smoking pot, as I told them and they didnt ask, I just straight up old them, They admired that and they didn't have such a huge problem with it, but they didn't know I was going through up to 10-15grams of pot a week. They thought it was a Joint here n there. My old man found a stash of some CHRONIC white hairy old man Hyg and said, bla bla bla, there was enough there for a few ciggarettes then I said, or 10 cones.... They didn't understand that So I showed them my Osama Bin Laden bong, along with HUUUGE cone piece.

This soon changed mid last year, Dad told me he didn't want me smoking pot anymore BLA BLA BLA, My dad is OLD, so he wasn't part of that generation. He don't smoke pot or take any drugs, same with my mum she's younger but she's a churchy and was brought up in that sort of Family. They always blamed my mates for my drug use, I told them it's quite the opposite.

However now it is different. Now they know *some* of the things i get up to After interogating me, sitting me under a bright light, Burning me with ciggarettes and Playing death metal, but to no avail I got up and Moshed around :p

No really, I was woken up one morning after telling my Older sister *who's fully against drugs* the day before that I was genuinely cutting back on my drug use, but I spose she had heard it in the past, but this time was genuine and I have been following it... I know she was looking out for me but I will never forgive her for that, sure we're still good mates, but She knocked on me....

I was sat down and yelled at... etc. I said, FFS you don't have to yell at me, I have munched pills, smoked pot, snorted speed and had LSD (I felt these were the more socially acceptable ones to tell them)

After this they wanted to search my room, so I took them in there... knowing I had no drugs (so I thought) I had lost a bag of about 5 grams of Salvia extract about a month or 2 beforehand and sure enough it was found, I said straight up, it's not pot, it's herbal tea... but they came up with nothing other than the SALLY.

Anyway it's a long story, but fact is my parents are full against it, mainly because they are completely misinformed and have no idea and when I try to explain things to them they do not want to listen at all. However my mum will listen when she is by herself. My Dad smoked for at least 40 years even as an asthmatic, he quit cold turkey and called me weak as piss bla bla bla, cause I *couldn't* quit weed, really I didn't want to.

They don't believe the Media on anything but drugs..... which I hate very much. I want to move out, not so that I can take drugs, but just so that I can have the freedom to do what I like when I like and not be Questioned NYPD Police interogation style whenever I go out.

I wish they would just give it a break and listen to me, not my sister for once... When I establish myself I will need to move, just so I can live my own life, although Iam 18 etc... It's their house their rules, just another way to try keep controlling my life.

SpecTBK=D

[Edit: Off-topic and availability discussion removed. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ritalin_boy said:
im pretty sure A LOT of parents, especially (or mostly, since theres a correlation) the parents who try to shelter their kids overly or who are particularly narky/harsh, will tend to ignore even blatant proof sometimes and continue to beleive that good little johnny or sally is infact good and doesnt do what that naughty greg or tracy does.

I've seen parents ignore obvious signs but mostly they fail to put together little clues. parents WANT to believe that their child is good and that they've done a good job.

I'll second that ^^^.

I once accidentally sent my mum a text message saying: "Wow, these pills are awesome. Came on like a ton of bricks!!":eek:

She rang me the next day and said "I think you sent this to me by mistake". Put on the spot, I told her I was talking about a sleeping pill a friend had given me because I was having insomnia problems.... she believed me, because, I think, she wanted to believe me.

She's not stupid, but the "mum" in her would rather see me as her little angel still.

On the topic, I completely agree with strumpet and Deformed_Neuron et al who have said parents should set boundaries and not encourage drug use. Hypocritical? Perhaps. A responsible imperative? Absolutely.

It makes me disgusted when I hear about parents sharing drugs with their kids. :|

i grew up with my dad and he was always cool with me smoking pot. he knew i took pills and acid but it was never really spoken about.
the one drug i was not aloud was alcohol. which i think is fairly reasonable as alcohol is by far the most dangerous drug for a teenager.

i somewhat differ in opinion on the drug/parenting opinon of most people here.

While i wouldnt encourage or introduce my (god forbid i ever have) children to drugs, i certainly would have no problems discussing/sharing with them once an open dialog has been established.

I think that any kid who's in their teens and is doing drugs is going to be able to pick up on a parent who's using, or used to use. as such it will seem very hypocritical and will UNDERMINE ANY AUTHORITY YOU MIGHT HAVE by insisting they cease and desist when you clearly are or used to use drugs.

I know my biggest point of contention when my dad is getting angry at me for pilling is that i KNOW that he was puttting all sorts of shit up down and sideways into himself in the 70's. it was the times. as pills are of the times now very much. If he was allowed to rebel and move out and do all sorts of shit, then who is he, seriously, to attempt to stop me doing the same?

Sure, he's worried, but its not fair to expect that i'll stick to drinking rotten fruit (alcohol) while he had all the fun he wanted.

And certainly regurgitating the filth that the media pumps out is only going to make a teenager less likely to heed their warnings/rantings/yelling. If they know nothing about their drugs, they'll dis believe it simply because the media says it, and their parent says it. if they ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE about their substances, then they wont listen because they know their regurgitating a mostly fictitious meal fed to the eager hysterical masses.

If dad sat me down, and calmly (haha as if) gave me reasons and anecdotes for not doing drugs, i'd respect his standpoint more. True, im a teenager and its my job not to actually take it on board, i'll stop or slow on my own terms, but the caring understanding connection would be there at least. and the open conversation, which i think most parents would crave.

Whats wrong with a parent sharing a spliff with their 17 or 18 year old son/daughter if both know that the other is getting rip wroughted all the time anyway? its like having a first drink when they're 18.

Of course you shouldnt be railing coke off the kitchen bench or holding the belt around your kids arm while showing them how to shoot up properly, but surely the healthiest thing you could do would be discuss the scene, the drugs, and the repercussions of the use with your kids. And as a user/ex-user, you'd be in a rare position to have meaningful and potentially valuable input into their weekendly weed/amphetamine/opiate/hallucinogen use, right??

I know it feels best when my mum and i can talk about what im doing, and she can check in with me without any tension. not to mention sharing stories. gotta love it.

peece.

hey ambiguous logic, what you said while i was writing my rant is definitely what i reckon too.

I've taken some pretty stupid combinations and some fairly ridiculous quantities of stuff before (mostly in the old days before i was researching) but i struggle to think of more than one that out fucked me over a myriad of alcohol experiences.

I'd much rather be struggling with a scat day or a speed comedown, or a DXM afterglow or cone over than a god awful hangover, esp the acompanying nausea.

I've been worse from one night of drinking than a three day binge with pills, acid, weed, ketamine and ice.

peece.

Its not an issue in my house, they know I have done drugs and will do more drugs in the future, that's pretty much where the topic ends.

yea im pretty sure my pearents know what im up 2

ive told them that ive pretty much done everything under the sun (street drugs Not Heroin)

im 22 they cant really do much about it, i see myself as a sensible user. and know a bit about the drugs i do. well with the internet who doesnt !

anyways the way i see it is if I now expierience these drugs... later on in life if i have children, at least i will know what they are going through, and know the signs !

lol

well PEAK HARD & ROLL ON

ritalinboy - you have very valid points. It is perhaps hypocritical, but it is also a parent's responsibility to set boundaries for their kids. When my children live in my home, I am responsible for them. When they grow up, I won't tell them what to do, but I won't compare trip notes with them either. It's the same as discussing your sex life. Just because you have sex with your husband everyday, doesn't mean you want to sit down with your teenage daughter and compare notes from the night before.

Someone (sorry don't feel like scrolling through to give you proper credit) mentioned earlier that it's not good to raise kids in a drugged up environment either. This is something I think about every day. My husband and I don't do drugs if we are responsible for the kids. ONLY with a sitter or if they are on sleepovers. I know one day they will probably figure out what we do, but then one day they will figure out why the bedroom door is closed and must be knocked on too. If your Dad drives with too many beers onboard, does that mean he should tell you it's ok to drink/drug drive too?

im 21 and live with my mum.
both my parents knew i used too be pretty hard on the pot but now im getting into speed/pills/coke to name a few and i would never tell them as they would chuck a shit along with my dad hanging me.
but im happy that they are like that it seems to me to be a better place to grow up if you are given these rules about drugs. i only had one rule and that was NO!!!
lol

Yea i think my oldys know i do e and meth and that shit, but we dont talk about it. however i did tell them i smoked pot when i was 16 and mum didn't like it, but knew i would do it anyway so she let it slide (she smoked back in the day) now she knows if we are going out after work i must go home for a quick stop ;)
and my dad well he smokes more bongs then anyone i know!!!, so yea i can smoke with dad to, but only because they know i will do it with or without them.
p,s they don't live together