• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's an amateur photographer here?? show your wares!!

Woot photography thread!

Bit of a gear whore who doesn't shoot anywhere near as much as he should!

Pentax K10D, bunch of lenses mainly in the normal/tele end with a couple of primes. Watching this thread with keen interest! :)

j-bird said:
Woot photography thread!

Bit of a gear whore who doesn't shoot anywhere near as much as he should!

Pentax K10D, bunch of lenses mainly in the normal/tele end with a couple of primes. Watching this thread with keen interest! :)

lets see soime pics.

and welcome to Aus Soc.

I just wanted to share a very unfortunate mishap and my resulting sadness.

I bought a Sony H50 camera a couple of months ago, and it is my baby. I take it everywhere with me and I've taken some really cool photos with it so far. I seem to be getting better at photography over time too.

I went out for a work dinner on Thursday night, and we kicked on at a local pub afterwards. I'd been taking photos all night, no problems. Things started to get really really messy and some random guy offered to take a photo of our group. I handed him the camera and he took a shitty drunken photo that wasn't aimed towards us at all then proceeded to drop my camera on the floor. It is broken, like, totally FUCKED. :X

I promptly went home and bawled my eyes out for about an hour.

I haven't taken it anywhere to get looked at or anything, but I doubt it can be fixed...my boss said that I might be able to claim it on my work's travel insurance so all hope is not lost.

The screen is cracked and obviously doesn't display the photos properly, and it only takes photos in black & white now, not colour. Would anyone know if it is likely that it could be fixed??

n3ophy7e said:
I just wanted to share a very unfortunate mishap and my resulting sadness.

I bought a Sony H50 camera a couple of months ago, and it is my baby. I take it everywhere with me and I've taken some really cool photos with it so far. I seem to be getting better at photography over time too.

I went out for a work dinner on Thursday night, and we kicked on at a local pub afterwards. I'd been taking photos all night, no problems. Things started to get really really messy and some random guy offered to take a photo of our group. I handed him the camera and he took a shitty drunken photo that wasn't aimed towards us at all then proceeded to drop my camera on the floor. It is broken, like, totally FUCKED. :X

I promptly went home and bawled my eyes out for about an hour.

I haven't taken it anywhere to get looked at or anything, but I doubt it can be fixed...my boss said that I might be able to claim it on my work's travel insurance so all hope is not lost.

The screen is cracked and obviously doesn't display the photos properly, and it only takes photos in black & white now, not colour. Would anyone know if it is likely that it could be fixed??

don't worry it. is not as bad as me specifically tying up an international order of a classic used Fujufilm F31fd digicam, specically known for outstanding indoor photos and not being another megapixel hog, then proceeding to dump it along with the rest of my clothes into the washing machine.

You think you cried. :(

I gave my camera to my sister to get some film of me driving my truck through a massive bog hole.

She promptly fell into the bog hole and tried using the camera to halt her fall. It didnt work and neither did the camera ever again.

My sister cried. But then I gave her some clean clothes and she was happy again.

Later when we got home, i cried.

MazDan said:
I gave my camera to my sister to get some film of me driving my truck through a massive bog hole.

She promptly fell into the bog hole and tried using the camera to halt her fall. It didnt work and neither did the camera ever again.

My sister cried. But then I gave her some clean clothes and she was happy again.

lol, man that sucks. I'd cry too, especially if my Nikon got ruined :( I really need to look into insuring my gear...

While we're on the topic of ruined cameras and such, one time my friend and I were playing hockey in the garage and my dad wanted to try out his brand new lens on his Canon Rebel (film...this was probably 10 years ago).

He crouched down behind the net (about 5 feet away) and had my friend shoot the puck at him. Of course, my friend was told not to aim at the camera. But what happens?

*SMASH* right SMACK in the middle of my dad's brand new Sigma lens.

He wasn't too happy with himself for that idea.

Raving Loony said:
don't worry it. is not as bad as me specifically tying up an international order of a classic used Fujufilm F31fd digicam, specically known for outstanding indoor photos and not being another megapixel hog, then proceeding to dump it along with the rest of my clothes into the washing machine.

You think you cried. :(
Oh my god that is hideous :(
Yes that is far worse than my incident.

MazDan said:

Oh that is really sad! :( When did that happen?

Last edited:
n3ophy7e said:
Oh my god that is hideous :(
Yes that is far worse than my incident.

Oh that is really sad! :( When did that happen?

Actually it was pretty funny at the time. seeing your sister covered in mud from head to toe..........lol.

It was later when I realised that no matter what ammount of washing and cleaning I did, the camera was buggerred that i was upset.

Such is life.

It was about Christmas time actually.

MazDan said:
Such is life.
Indeeeeeed.
This is what I had to console myself with. "It's merely an object, I am still alive and healthy, quit yo' whining."

I brought i new digi the other day, nothing special but it does the job. Kodak 12MP Z1285, here is me playing around with it a bit

n734446959_1273973_5441.jpg

n734446959_1289754_9233.jpg

n734446959_1289749_7500.jpg

n734446959_1289743_5487.jpg

Oh man, expensive camera in the washing machine, never a good thing. Once I accidentally put my boyfriend at the time's camera in my washing machine, after he left it *in the bed*, then for some fucked up reason he wanted me to replace it with a top of the line camera, because that's what it was when he bought it. I bought him a brand new one (he refused to accept a second hand one of equal quality) of his shitty old one and he still wasn't happy. God I'm glad I'm rid of him.

vanth said:
Oh man, expensive camera in the washing machine, never a good thing. Once I accidentally put my boyfriend at the time's camera in my washing machine, after he left it *in the bed*, then for some fucked up reason he wanted me to replace it with a top of the line camera, because that's what it was when he bought it. I bought him a brand new one (he refused to accept a second hand one of equal quality) of his shitty old one and he still wasn't happy. God I'm glad I'm rid of him.

My God, what sort of human being is that?

I would have smacked him out if he tried that shit with me.

Accidents happen. Shit happens. Get over it.

And as for the "It was the top of the line when I brought it shit" I will remember that when someone washes my box brownie.

I am having a suggestion for that, I have heard about a firm that will definately help you in this metter for purchase the practice and it's really good for practitioners.

---------------------------

Last edited:
sunybck said:
I am having a suggestion for that, I have heard about a firm that will definately help you in this metter for purchase the practice and it's really good for practitioners.

---------------------------

I want what he ^^^ is on.

mang... it wont let me post anything in this topic until i've made 20 posts :(

rather should i say pictures... oh look here we go... im up to 19 now...

*runs off to post elsewhere*

l_e53fb0c3dbbfcbf0b3abcab8d5962991.jpg
<br>
l_bef0d902dc08534bd1909c64b792a4a3.jpg
<br>
l_b8445b5d79382c8a4db3f88d7fff26d2.jpg
<br>
l_9b54676cae50fdf9c80d78928be2b901.jpg
<br>
l_8637dbfb8970ba1aadbb3b9222e67483.jpg
<br>
l_4deafbc4e243fa0c4d52e0baf1ad042c.jpg
<br>
l_4cb68eb3a1f57615032965be80e39b2e.jpg
<br>
l_4d9d450a36bc67e93b62f64339d4a4f4.jpg
<br>

just a few random ones ive taken with my shitty camera phone.... i cant seem to find any of the pics ive taken with my camera... will post when i find them..