• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's an amateur photographer here?? show your wares!!

Bodgie said:
Well I am new here sand I am dying share some of my pictures with you all. But alas, I have to wait until I have made 20 posts or more before i can post piccies.... oh well. :\ I am currently working with an IXUS, but hopefully (very very soon) will be moving on to a DSLR... anyways any opinions/critiques will be appreciated. I have been sort of more concentrating on macro and abstract textures at the moment...but will most likely delve into deeper waters once i get my hands on my dream camera :D

ok so here are some of mine...

741007_purple_bubbles.jpg

833932_shoelaces.jpg

919719_droplets_on_can_1.jpg

834022_rosebud.jpg

742262_spider_on_web.jpg

741543_balls.jpg

You guys are just awesome.

Neo........I agree with Kat..........that tree shot is sooo trippy its a total spin out.

Lots of talent in this forum. Here's some from my recent japan trip, i have a heap but i won't bore you with them, i'll start with my shot of the tori gates, ha.

img5318rg1.jpg

img4942ma4.jpg

img3902copyvv4.jpg

img4968qm4.jpg

img4757sw5.jpg

img522789ak0.jpg

and one that might give you a headache..
img4449copyav7.jpg

So talented everyone!

eon - love the american beauty style rose snap!
huez - the third pic is fab!

Bodgie - you should have a look at the SECOND OPINION photo cometition that is held every week. This week the theme is insects.. The threads are usually floating around the top of SO.

You can do it :D

Can people post what camera and what settings they are using with their shots?

Call me skeptical, but i call BS on a number of posts in this thread. This is not aimed at any direct posters, or even those last few posted. It's been a thing I've noticed over a few months now.

This is not a thread to post cut and pasted images from Flickr or other photography sites.

Huez that headache shot is amazing...............please how can I do that?

I have a Canon 40D with the 17-85mm and the 70-200mm lens. Most pictures should still have there exif data in them with all the camera settings recorded, i'm just always to lazy to type them out.

Mazdan, i took that shot randomly in tokyo, she was one of those hostess girls. In photoshop i made a selection of only the background (excluding the girl, if you include the girl she will go all blury to) and applied a radial zoom blur to the background. Turned out wicked! I just found a tuturial searching google, there's heaps out there.

Klue said:
Bodgie - you should have a look at the SECOND OPINION photo cometition that is held every week. This week the theme is insects.. The threads are usually floating around the top of SO.

You can do it :D

Thanks Klue... took a look at that one. Had a random beetle one that I could enter. Some of the pics in that comp are freaking awesome!!!!!!!

the spider has caught a fly

saw this tiny spider munching on a fly without the web and thought it was kinda cool. Photo was taken with a 3 mega pixel cam that cost me about $150.

Attachments

• the spider has caught a fly.jpg
    the spider has caught a fly.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 81
DJC* said:
Can people post what camera and what settings they are using with their shots?

Call me skeptical, but i call BS on a number of posts in this thread. This is not aimed at any direct posters, or even those last few posted. It's been a thing I've noticed over a few months now.

This is not a thread to post cut and pasted images from Flickr or other photography sites.

I use a Nikon D2x, for two of the three images I posted. The first one (the one of the girl playing the cello) was originally done on film with a large format 4x5 camera (Cambo brand).

The ipod shot:

Camera: Nikon D2x
Exposure: (manual) f/3.2 @ 1/400
Lens: Nikon 105mm f/2.8
Focal length: 105mm
(no flash)
Light Source: Tungsten (white balance corrected in Photoshop)

The 'American Beauty' theme shot:

Camera: Nikon D2x
Exposure: (manual) f/14 @ 1/50
Lens: Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8-5.6
Focal Length: 48mm
Light Source: flash - 2 diffused strobes, 1 to each side of model.

Good camera man

I am considering purchasing either a Nikon D60 or D80 and I am also comparing those to a Canon EOS450

I'm only a beginner and don't know what I am doing

Does anyone have either of those cameras?

Thanks guys for those posting what they use. :) Not only does it show that you have some idea of what your doing, but it also helps others learn and share advice.

I used to use my point and shoot Canon Powershot, but the last phone I bought is a Sony Cybershot. It has a 3.2 MP camera, macro, filters and all the functions of a normal point and shoot. I takes photos about 900kb and has expandable memory. I am going to buy a bigger M2 card on ebay soon :)

Its great because its always in my pocket, and when something catches my eye I just snap away. Or when I am going out or with mates it takes perfectly good photos.

dsc01405aazv2.jpg

Although, I read a review of 4 level entry DSLR Cameras in the Herald today. I would love to splurge about $1000 for an awesome camera. Its going on the list :)