• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who/what do you consider Brave?

I can't contribute anything meaningful to this thread, but I wanted you all to know I think it's a great one and so is every contribution above mine!

props all

I'm bumping this because I think it's a fucking awesome thread...to add to it, I think one of my best friends is brave, because she grew up a lesbian in a small-minded country town where she contemplated suicide because everyone had turned against her, but is now one of the most self-sufficient and compassionate people I know...

I've always considered bravery to be nearly stupid actions for all the right reasons; calm in the face of calamity; integrity during adversity.

Whenever I hear the word, I'm always reminded of the Chinese kid staring down a tank in Tiananmen Square:
tank-1.jpg

Heres a story from a long time ago:

A surfer was surfing in victoria's cold waters when he got savagely attacked by a large shark. The shark let him go after a long attack to his leg and torso and he was able to catch a wave to shore to get away from it. Instead of running straight out of the water and getting help because he was loosing blood very fast he stayed in the water ushering a couple of families out of the water warning them of the shark then drove himself to the hospital. Unfortunately on the way to the hospital he passed out from bloody loss and crashed his car. Luckily a passer by found him in time to call the ambulance and for them to revive him with a desperate blood infusion.

Talk about adrenilaine going crazy. I suppose he chose the fight reaction of the fight, flight or freeze and decided he had to get everyone out of the water before he could go in and bleed to death. Very herioc.

Another shark story, a few years ago up north near Ballina a lady was swimming when she got attacked by a shark. He husband dove in to help his wife, got my the shark off her but the shark fatally attacked him after letting go of his wife. She managed to swim to shore safely. What a brave man, he gave his life to save his beloved's.

:(