Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who/what do you consider Brave?

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
There's a few people in my life right now that I consider brave and amazing, my sister, my close family, anna (have you read her freaking birth story christ i was in sympathy pain just reading it) and a number of people I won't list here because their stories aren't mine to share.

I've been thinking tho... what counts for brave? Is it courage, strength, the ability to keep a cool head? Is it taking on the unnatainable, doing things when others say you can't? What exactly IS brave, what makes one person doing something brave and another doing the same thing normal? Who do you consider brave and why are they this way to you?

To me, being brave is about facing your fears whatever they may be.

I don't necessarily think the bravest people are the ones who will run into a burning house to save a baby, although that is an heroic act. The bravest people are the ones who have to fight an ongoing battle. People who have the time to think about what their doing and then face the situation with their head held high.

I'd like to reply to this thread with my own thoughts, but I think up all night hit the nail square on the head.

up all night said:
People who have the time to think about what their doing and then face the situation with their head held high.

I can't think of a better definition of what true bravery is.

up all night said:
To me, being brave is about facing your fears whatever they may be.

The bravest people are the ones who have to fight an ongoing battle. People who have the time to think about what their doing and then face the situation with their head held high.

that pretty much sums up my reply to...

nice topic though :D

i think my best mate is the bravest bitch I have ever met, she was abused by her father, went thru heroin addiction, then meth/speed addiction, then doctor shopping addiction, then got raped by her uncle, then had drinking problem, then had a beautiful baby daughter, then broke up with her boyfriend (who she been whinging for 2 years) and moved out and found a place of her own, then got driver's licence at 25 then enrolled at TAFE, then got accepted into university.

I am fucking proud of my best mate! I supported her all the fucking way thur for the last LONG 12 years. Never gave up on her. I believed her. She's brave in my own eyes.

Urbanhog %)

^^^ hooray for the word "trooper" :D

um...brave. well i have one particular friend atm who i consider very brave, but i'm not sure if i should blurt the circumstances all over the 'net, so i'll just say she rules :)

being brave is such a difficult thing to get down to a fine definition, instead i think you need examples, like others have given.

coping with diseases, doing something that you're scared of, they seem to be the sorta things that are brave. but other things are too - people who wear their emotions on the outside are brave, people who are willing to take risks.

also, PEOPLE WHO LIKE ISHE-CREAM! (anyone get it? :))

My mother.Shes the bravest person I know.
She has been fighting for our safety and comfort for as long as I can remember.Shes been thru more than I can sometimes handle. I love my mum.

-Peace

People who overcome unfortunate circumstances that they're born with to make the most of what they have and never stop once to look around and ask for pity, instead being the ones to make their own fortunes and destiny.

I have a friend who has an inherited condition that makes him twitch and cough uncontrollably and at times it can seem very wierd, especially if you don't know him, instead of being a social recluse though, he's probably the most socially confident and capable person I know.

I cannot describe how deep my respect for him goes.

Expanding on what up all night said, I think being brave entails doing something even though it scares the shit out of you. Doing it even though you really want to curl up in a ball and cry, or run away as fast as you can. Doing it because you know it's the right thing to do, because you know that it the end it's the best course of action to take, even if that course of action puts yourself in danger.

However I don't consider people to be brave, if they have knowingly and willingly put themselves in a situation which requires bravery to escape, but which they could have avoided with a little forethought...

My parents

they have sacrificed almost everything and been there always

5.gif

"Courage is not the absense of fear, but the ability to overcome fear itself."

Having said that I'm a pansy boy.

nice bump, kitty. i think any form of self-sacrifice for the greater good is one of the bravest possible things, as long as the person is fully aware of what they're doing, and obviously that they're not doing it to be martyred.

and :( - the person i mentioned in my first post is no longer with us :(

Also:-

*"I feel a brave person is someone who stands up for what they believe is right,even if the majority feel differently"."Generally,people who don't just follow the crowd("especially since alot of the time the masses are ill-informed and wrong,he,he,he,he................. :p ")".

anna (have you read her freaking birth story christ i was in sympathy pain just reading it)

I didn't see this before now :p Thanks Kitty!

Brave.. I'm not sure that I really know any "brave" people. Sometimes I think I'm kind of brave. Michael is brave for marrying me with the full knowledge that I'm crazy. Mum is brave for getting in the car with me.

-shrug-

my parents are, especially my dad for risking his life to give me and my bro a future. but my mum too, for always being there alongside him.

onetwothreefour said:
and :( - the person i mentioned in my first post is no longer with us :(

Aw dude... :( I'm sorry, that's harsh. :(

My mum was the bravest person I've known. She survived so much bullshit which I don't particularly want to go on about here, raised 3 kids of her own, took in heaps of kids who had nowhere else to go...she was really sick for pretty much my whole life, but she never once projected anything other than wanting to help the people she loved and appreciating the good that was in her life.

My sister, for surviving over 15 years with a physically, mentally and emotionally abusive partner, the death of one of her sons, two breakdowns, and everything else the world's thrown at her, and still coming back for more.

These are the people I consider brave. The ones who take everything that life can throw at them and still come back for more. The ones who will go into a situation knowing that it's gonna hurt them, and that maybe nobody will ever know that, but that it'll help the people they care for.

Nice topic kits :)

Wow, all of your stories are just awe-inspiring.....I have a great respect for all of them.
They're obviously exceptional people, and are clearly examples to us all.