Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Who Watches A&E's "Intervention"?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
One of my favourite ever shows.
I discovered it 10 years ago when I was first becoming alcohol-dependent. I also had bulimia. So I was obsessed with the alcohol and bulimia episodes (especially episodes like Amber, Asa and Katie where they had both). I love them all, though. I'm addicted to opiates now, too.

Anyone else watch this? What are your favourite episodes?

I tend to watch it while using.

Yoooo that one is fucking scary.

It always amazes me when ppl get shit for taking a bit o speed to keep up with the youthful exuberance of children. But no one bats an eye when ol Matty boy sucks the demons out of a duster can and goes falling into coffee tables...

The duster chick who post(ed)s here

We watched intervention in rehab all the time and after viewing the "Duster Chick episode" everyone had write ups and we and future generations were banned from ever watching that episode again because everyone went nuts.

Sandra (Prescription Medication) confused me with something. (Among other meds) she took Soboxone AND Opana. And successfully got high. How would the suboxone not block the oxymorphone??

Also, people on here say that Anti-psychotics block the effects of opioids but I've seen loads of people on Intervention abuse it along with opioids. ^Sandra was taking 1200mg Seroquel.

I liked the episode of the meth-addicted lumberjack in Oregon who would rail massive lines of shard in his garage and then go attack trees in the woods lol

edit: season 3, episode 11 "Coley"

I have though I find it hard to believe anyone today could honestly not realize they were on intervention.

I mean how many drug users today haven't heard of intervention? I'm not sure I've ever met one.

Though over time I've found it increasingly difficult to watch drug shit because of a combination of hitting too close to home. Plus, seeing people use makes me wanna use, and seeing people sick almost makes me feel sick. Either way has a tendency to fuck up my head.

I also liked the episode "Cristy", about the drunk tweaker lady who liked to walk around her house naked. They gave her the option of treatment or jail at the end and she chose jail.

I like the meth-themed ones lol

I have though I find it hard to believe anyone today could honestly not realize they were on intervention.

I mean how many drug users today haven't heard of intervention? I'm not sure I've ever met one.

Though over time I've found it increasingly difficult to watch drug shit because of a combination of hitting too close to home. Plus, seeing people use makes me wanna use, and seeing people sick almost makes me feel sick. Either way has a tendency to fuck up my head.

I thinks SOME of them from recent seasons are so bad they don't know what's going on around them (like Kacy , S16E03 - Alcohol) or are in meth psychosis like Sierra (S16E02 - Methamphetamine).
I think a lot of them DO know and either deep down want the treatment or are just desperate.
Remember Andrew (S13E21 - Bulimia) where it turned out HE had contacted intervention on his own behalf (pretending to be his mother) after watching Katie's episode (S13E03 - Alcohol, Bulimia)?

Last edited:
I also liked the episode "Cristy", about the drunk tweaker lady who liked to walk around her house naked. They gave her the option of treatment or jail at the end and she chose jail.

I like the meth-themed ones lol

OMG yes! I think she's as infamous as Alison (S05E09 - Huffing) is famous lol.
She was kind of a cunt naturally but she was so insane lol. I'd love a follow-up, she was back in like 2004/5.

SAME. I only watch if I'm drinking/using or it's triggering as fuck.

Anyone else miss the old beginning of the show?
For Example:
The Business Woman

The Alcoholic

Then the introduction phrasing in the exact same, way, Like:
"My name is Karen, That's K-A-R-E-N, I'm 43 years old and I live in High Point, North Carolina....I'm an alcoholic
?

I do AND havw Been watching it long before i even tried any psychoactive substance.

Sandra (Prescription Medication) confused me with something. (Among other meds) she took Soboxone AND Opana. And successfully got high. How would the suboxone not block the oxymorphone??

Bupe would either block other opioids from hitting the receptors or cause precipitated withdrawals depending on the order of consumption, so either she was wasting the rare and expensive Opana or "reality" TV is scripted by people who have no clue about the subject matter.

To be fair if she alternated the two, taking the subs only during withdrawal, there would be no problem as long as she waited around 24 hours from the last bupe dose before using any other opiates again.

But taking both at the same time would have you only feeling the bupe and reality TV is scripted.