Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | BK38 | D's | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Friends who wants to be sober with me

SnafuInTheVoid

Moderator: NMI, NSADD
Staff member
I was doing so well. Been drunk like 2 weeks now.

I think what happened is I haven't taken any LSD for 4+ months, my d8 THC tolerance is back again and not getting high from it so I'm turning back to alcohol.

It's fucking with my anxiety, too. I think my brain is so sensitive to benzos and alcohol now.

I just don't know what to do with myself unless I'm drinking. Shitty cycle.

Physically I'm in decent health.

and this thread was made in a joking manner, but not really making it up lol

I just wish I could stop drinking. I've come so far, that's the next big step.

Last edited:

w01fg4ng

Bluelight Crew
I was doing so well. Been drunk like 2 weeks now.

I think what happened is I haven't taken any LSD for 4+ months, my d8 THC tolerance is back again and not getting high from it so I'm turning back to alcohol.

It's fucking with my anxiety, too. I think my brain is so sensitive to benzos and alcohol now.

I just don't know what to do with myself unless I'm drinking. Shitty cycle.

Physically I'm in decent health.
My d8 tolerance is pretty stupid too. It's hard not to when it's only 3 bucks a gram. Happy 420!

I wish I had some sage advice to give right now about how I stopped drinking for 10 days but the truth is my body is giving out. I probably would still be drinking if my body let me. I don't really even have to listen to my body if that makes sense, my body yells at me. I'm not talking a two day hangover, I'm talking something much worse. Yeast infection flare ups from the alcohol has me bent over in pain at times. It's kind of like my body has a built in Antabuse but it's delayed by about 24 hours and then lasts about a week. The thing that sucks is that my body now also does this with sugar. I feel like I'm at the beginning stages of either getting diabetes or cancer or both. The road we are heading down is ugly and the only thing keeping me above water right now is realizing my health is in my hands. I suppose a doctor would help but you know, America!

Good luck brother. It's awesome that you still have your health.

SnafuInTheVoid

Staff member
My d8 tolerance is pretty stupid too. It's hard not to when it's only 3 bucks a gram. Happy 420!

I wish I had some sage advice to give right now about how I stopped drinking for 10 days but the truth is my body is giving out. I probably would still be drinking if my body let me. I don't really even have to listen to my body if that makes sense, my body yells at me. I'm not talking a two day hangover, I'm talking something much worse. Yeast infection flare ups from the alcohol has me bent over in pain at times. It's kind of like my body has a built in Antabuse but it's delayed by about 24 hours and then lasts about a week. The thing that sucks is that my body now also does this with sugar. I feel like I'm at the beginning stages of either getting diabetes or cancer or both. The road we are heading down is ugly and the only thing keeping me above water right now is realizing my health is in my hands. I suppose a doctor would help but you know, America!

Good luck brother. It's awesome that you still have your health.

Thank you. Yeah I was in hospital several months ago for liver issues. Shit sucks. Alcohol sucks.

I'm just disappointed in myself for drinking every day again. Right back to old habits.

What sucks most is I hate my father for being an alcoholic. So I hate it in myself even more.

w01fg4ng

Bluelight Crew
Thank you. Yeah I was in hospital several months ago for liver issues. Shit sucks. Alcohol sucks.

I'm just disappointed in myself for drinking every day again. Right back to old habits.

What sucks most is I hate my father for being an alcoholic. So I hate it in myself even more.
I hate the actions my dad did because of his alcoholism and I hated him for a long time too.

I've since learned to forgive him. Forgiving him doesn't make some of the things he did right, but it means that I no longer hold a grudge. Forgiveness is often times a quite act. Nothing needs to be said for forgiveness to occur. Forgiveness is about letting go.

Kurt said it best here:

As my bones grew they did hurt
They hurt really bad
I tried hard to have a father
But instead I had a dad
I just want you to know that I
Don't hate you anymore
There is nothing I could say
That I haven't thought before

Family issues are often times a huge part of recovery for addicts. It's daunting because feelings. It might seem like an impossibility to learn how do things like forgive your father but it's going to be 1000 times easier to do it sober.

Get your day 1. Then get your day 2. On day 3, think about your sobriety. Do the same thing on day 4. The other issues won't seem so daunting when you don't have to think about drinking...you can do it.

Freudzilla

Bluelighter

It’s even worse not having anyone to blame for being an alcoholic.. I traded one beast for another first phenibut for alcohol now Gabapentin to rid myself of the phenibut and my Gabapentin use is getting a little of course.. I take my whole prescription in a matter of a week of two and supplement it with more I acquire through other means.. lorazepam zolpidem.. my mother was into diet pills my whole life and Peter on had a prescription of Xanax and xyrem to get to sleep after a day of diet pills. So I guess addiction is a family affair for me as well but I never realized she used anything until I was an adult.. you’re right though the shit sucks when you see yourself destroying yourself and you’re the only one to blame... I keep saying one day I’m going to get sober I did one time had 2 years and 9 months.. but ultimately I traded stims and dissociatives for downers.. do I get disappointed in myself yeah but fuck it after a few more pills I don’t worry about it.. besides the Gabapentin withdrawals are a lot easier to handle than phenibut or alcohol..

Zephyn

Bluelighter
I want to be sober, and feel okay sober, more than anything. Ill join you, I quit drinking today, ill be tempted to do opiates maybe eventually, think Stims have totally turned me off. Don't even want to do blow. I might even quit smoking weed, though I'm still smoking gram joints like 4x a day.

I also am thinking of not filling my benzo script, though I really wish I could be responsible to just keep a stash for emergencies, but I always end up abusing them.

Zephyn

Bluelighter
I
It’s even worse not having anyone to blame for being an alcoholic.. I traded one beast for another first phenibut for alcohol now Gabapentin to rid myself of the phenibut and my Gabapentin use is getting a little of course.. I take my whole prescription in a matter of a week of two and supplement it with more I acquire through other means.. lorazepam zolpidem.. my mother was into diet pills my whole life and Peter on had a prescription of Xanax and xyrem to get to sleep after a day of diet pills. So I guess addiction is a family affair for me as well but I never realized she used anything until I was an adult.. you’re right though the shit sucks when you see yourself destroying yourself and you’re the only one to blame... I keep saying one day I’m going to get sober I did one time had 2 years and 9 months.. but ultimately I traded stims and dissociatives for downers.. do I get disappointed in myself yeah but fuck it after a few more pills I don’t worry about it.. besides the Gabapentin withdrawals are a lot easier to handle than phenibut or alcohol..
I finish my gabapentin in 2 or 3 goes. I'm prescribed 300mg 3x a day, but I take it all in 3 sessions.

I'm not sure I can be "sober" but its getting to the point all drugs are starting to seriously effect my life, maybe its age, idk. I think I might have some underlying disorder im self medicating. I've tried all sorts of meds instead, and nothing seems to work. Sober (or even while using these days) I'm a miserable son of a bitch. I mean, im okay on ketamine, or even coke, or even somewhat on alcohol.

The only thing missing is I've barely used psychedelics in years. I haven't had the right mindset to feel okay to do them.

But once, for around 10 years, I was truly happy only using psychedelics on occasion. Now I did abuse all sorts of other drugs ever since I was a kid but never felt like I "needed" them, now I can't get through the day sober.

Freudzilla

Bluelighter
I
I finish my gabapentin in 2 or 3 goes. I'm prescribed 300mg 3x a day, but I take it all in 3 sessions.

I'm not sure I can be "sober" but its getting to the point all drugs are starting to seriously effect my life, maybe its age, idk. I think I might have some underlying disorder im self medicating. I've tried all sorts of meds instead, and nothing seems to work. Sober (or even while using these days) I'm a miserable son of a bitch. I mean, im okay on ketamine, or even coke, or even somewhat on alcohol.

The only thing missing is I've barely used psychedelics in years. I haven't had the right mindset to feel okay to do them.

But once, for around 10 years, I was truly happy only using psychedelics on occasion. Now I did abuse all sorts of other drugs ever since I was a kid but never felt like I "needed" them, now I can't get through the day sober.
I’m prescribed 600mg 3x a day for the Gabapentin.. I probably could take it in a couple goes but I try to stretch it as long as I can so I don’t have to buy someone’s whole script everyday. Withdrawal sucks I get the shakes and just feel shitty so most days I’m just trying to stay out of that territory because feeling like a Parkinson’s patient is no fun.. of course it’s the same with my lorazepam and ambien.. I totally understand your sentiments I know I’m medicating for a lot of underlying issues but doctors don’t seem to care about relieving the issues you have just throwing “non addictive” pills at you. Granted my bipolar meds work wonders but the anxiety meds they prescribed at the doses they prescribed are next to useless and if you ask for a higher dose you’re considered a drug seeker and that’s complete and utter bullshit..but such is life..

Zephyn

Bluelighter
I’m prescribed 600mg 3x a day for the Gabapentin.. I probably could take it in a couple goes but I try to stretch it as long as I can so I don’t have to buy someone’s whole script everyday. Withdrawal sucks I get the shakes and just feel shitty so most days I’m just trying to stay out of that territory because feeling like a Parkinson’s patient is no fun.. of course it’s the same with my lorazepam and ambien.. I totally understand your sentiments I know I’m medicating for a lot of underlying issues but doctors don’t seem to care about relieving the issues you have just throwing “non addictive” pills at you. Granted my bipolar meds work wonders but the anxiety meds they prescribed at the doses they prescribed are next to useless and if you ask for a higher dose you’re considered a drug seeker and that’s complete and utter bullshit..but such is life..
Yeah, I just find gabapentin to lose effectiveness and build tolerance faster than any other drug, so I never saw the point to take it every day.

Freudzilla

Bluelighter
Yeah, I just find gabapentin to lose effectiveness and build tolerance faster than any other drug, so I never saw the point to take it every day.
It helps with my peripheral neuropathy pain or I wouldn’t take it every day and cycling it with Phenibut helps that too.. atleast in my opinion.. but I get reckless with Phenibut.. taking 20gpd when I have it can get quite expensive..

SnafuInTheVoid

Staff member
yeah gabapentin vaguely reminds me of librium - it's quite good but tolerance builds ridiculously fast

After a short time I could not feel doses even up to 400mg librium, produced only slight relaxation