• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who Shuffles?

Whoa - people are getting a bit into the arguement ^_^. It's just a bit of fun people :D

EDIT:

kittymeow said:
Aaaww thanks =D
Learning the running man thing now....I was a bit drunk the time I shot that vid. Hahaha...
You're right...not many chicks shuffle...or are game/stupid enough to put their dancing on YouTube for all the world to see. Hehehe.
Now I have to actually go out somewhere....

Do YOU have a video???? Seems to be quite a bit of a "culture" on YouTube for noob shufflers. :D

Nah, no video for me ^_^. I have a couple of videos of myself learning just because it helped me learn... don't have a full length mirror, and videos are better anyway. Have a shuffle, watch the video, fix up stuff that isn't looking good etc. But yeah, not ballsy enough to chuck them on the tube ^_^.

Last edited:
THIS IS NOT DANCING, THIS SHUFFLING.

IT IS GAY.

GAY.

Dancing is moving to the beat of the music , right ? So how can the same repetitive moves be dancing ?Isnt it just some badly pre orchestrated imitation of dancing ? You arent moving to the music, that is where the pleasure of dancing is derived from. Learning how to shuffle is the equivalent of memorising a formula without knowing when the fuck to apply it.

Shuffling is not dancing. Its gay.

And yes I have shuffled, and yes I found it to be gay and without purpose.

^Shuffling is designed for trance. 4/4. It fits. I giggle at friends when they apply it to hip hop or house or breaks. I actually saw it being pulled off succesfully to breaks one night at Brown Alley, believe it or not.

breakyaself said:

IT IS GAY.

GAY.

Dancing is moving to the beat of the music , right ? So how can the same repetitive moves be dancing ?Isnt it just some badly pre orchestrated imitation of dancing ? You arent moving to the music, that is where the pleasure of dancing is derived from. Learning how to shuffle is the equivalent of memorising a formula without knowing when the fuck to apply it.

(sorry in advance for the length of this one, but I feel it has to be done)

OK - let me break this down bit by bit, in chronological order.

breakyaself said:

"Shuffling" has been a part of dance for decades, not the same shuffle, but the basic concept of turning on the heel then turning on the toe has been a part of jazz and funk since they began. Are you saying that James Brown wasn't dancing?

breakyaself said:
IT IS GAY.

GAY.

No comment.

breakyaself said:
Dancing is moving to the beat of the music , right ? So how can the same repetitive moves be dancing ?

How do "repetitive moves" rule out moving to the beat of the music? Yes, there is a basic move that you repeat (with your own style), and you repeat it to the beat of the music. It's a two step movement that you do in time to the music... want me to dumb it down for you? OK - teckno is based in 4/4, which means four beats every bar. Now the shuffle being a two step movement, it easily works with four beats due to four being exactly double the quantity of two. So you see, you go: turn (one beat), turn (another beat), repeat once more and you have a perfect bar, hence being undeniabley - in time with the beat 8o 8o (though most shufflers with a bit speed in them (no pun intended) do both movements per beat... if you haven't worked it out, that's still perfectly in time with the beat).

As for the repetition, repetition is what disguishes one form of dance from another! Look at ballroom dancing, how do you tell the difference between the cha cha and the foxtrot? That's right, repetitive movements. Unless having a seisure on the floor is your "style", generally there's going to be some repetition in ANY form of dance... it's what makes it THAT dance.

breakyaself said:
You arent moving to the music, that is where the pleasure of dancing is derived from.

I think this point has pretty much been covered. Shufflers move to the beat of the music, therefore they are obtaining the "pleasure of dancing".

breakyaself said:
Learning how to shuffle is the equivalent of memorising a formula without knowing when the fuck to apply it.

OK - it is a formula, as in any dance that you actually work on, attempt to perfect or improve on. You need some sort of formula to build on it. As for knowing where to apply it, this really excapes me... everywhere in Vic (and beyond), people apply this formula at raves, nightclubs and while watching cover bands.... and at work functions....

I really don't get what you meant by this one.

breakyaself said:

I see you're as well versed in insults as you are in common english grammar. That might be a formula worth you working on bud, and this one can be applied daily. Oh, no, wait - my mistake, your grammar isn't that bad (atleast you use fullstops. Purely comparitive).

breakyaself said:

Good for you. Here's another one too add your list of things without purpose:

Your existence.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not 100% sure that this wasn't a post made in jest... if so, I retract everything ^_^

It's all about the fun man, why would you attack a source of harmless enjoyment by so many? So what if it's not your thing, it's not like it's killed any family members of yours (has it?8o 8( 8o ).

i do some awkward looking version of the twist i think.. must make me the gayest.

i will pay someone to teach me to shuffle.

Apparently there were some kids driving around Melbourne with a sticker on their cars that said...

SHUT UP AND SHUFFLE

Each to their own. :D

trancegirle said:
^^ why havent i seen this??? lol im paying more attention next time :)

Well one time that easily springs to mind, is the xmas party ;)

Just do whatever.

If you feel like sitting, sit.

If you feel like dancing, dance.

If you feel like shuffling, shuffle.

And if you choose to sit, and are so uninteresting that you have nothing to talk about as you sit ... then bag out the people who are having too much fun to care!

Jokes on you yo' ;).

psycosynthesis said:
^Shuffling is designed for trance. 4/4. It fits. I giggle at friends when they apply it to hip hop or house or breaks. I actually saw it being pulled off succesfully to breaks one night at Brown Alley, believe it or not.
I used to do my own insane, modified shuffle at Brown Alley on breaks nights.. I dont know if u would classify it as the standard "shuffle" or "running man" but it definitely incorporated bits of both.... What can i say, Im an innovator ;) (if you'd actually seen me it'd probably look more like i was having a fit of some kind than actually dancing 8) )

haha brown alley goes off , used to go to trauma there , shame it neva lasted

bumping this thread in commemoration of the melbourne shuffle making it to So You Think You Can Dance. Lol. some rather shitty exponents of the style who didn't make the cut unfortunately / fortunately. Probably because they were refused the talc.

Yea I shuffle + running man + do that crip walk side to side thing.

I try to,and look like a dick doing so.I'm just glad none of it has been caught on camera.