• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Who here finds OxyNeo addictive?

Visionary_Kpsycho

Bluelighter
I don't know if anyone else agrees, but It seems like after using oxyneo for about 4-5 months now it seems like it is almost the same addiction potential wise. I can see the changes from IR to CR/ER, but it is still addicting, Does anyone else agree with me?

What do you mean "it's almost the same potential wise"?

Of course it's addictive, surely no one told you oxycodone was not addictive, or somehow less addictive? All opioid narcotics are addictive, especially the potent ones such as morphine, oxycodone, etc.

I was told it was suppose to be less addicting because it is extended release and has a different chemical compund in it so it stays in your body longer, compared to the old formula.

It's not a different chemical compound, it's all Oxycodone, it's all the same abuse potential because it's the same drug. The current extended release formulation IMO is inferior to the old formulation of OxyContin. Long acting opioids aren't less habit forming, but the reason doctors say that is less "addictive" is because it is supposed to maintain steady levels of oxycodone in the blood vs. a pure instant release formula which has more "peaks and valleys".

This doesn't make oxycodone a different drug, it's all the same chemical, it's equally addictive. The only thing that's changed between the old formulation and the new one is that a different time release mechanism is employed, the new one is tamper resistant but is attempting to mimic the old 12 hour time-release, they didn't change how long the medication lasts, it's always been 12 hours.

The logic behind my argument is that a person taking oxycontin regularly will still gets physically dependent on the medication, I mean if you've been prescribed OxyNeo you should know that if you don't take your medication you get withdrawal symptoms.

I think that we're using the word addicting here but I think we mean habit-forming, which means you're taking it for legitimate reasons but your body is dependent on it, just like anyone who regularly takes opioid narcotics.

While we are on this topic, how long is the peak time for these things, they say the highest amount of oxy in blood plasma is around 4-5 hours in the oxyneo compared to IR which is around 1 hour. So I am taking it, around 4-5 hours is the peak of the drug being in my system? (Thank you for the responses as well)

Wikipedia said:
After a dose of conventional oral oxycodone, peak plasma levels of the drug are attained in approximately one hour;[3] in contrast, after a dose of OxyContin (an oral continuous release formulation), peak plasma levels of oxycodone occur in about three hours.[2]
1 hour instant release vs. 3 hours for OxyContin

Im so confused. Oxy is an opiate. Not an opioid. From my undestanding the only opioids are methadone and suboxone

incorrect. opiate is poppy derived. opioid is anything that hits mu but is not, most notably synthetic opioids, but also mytraginine