• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Which strain of Kratom is the most similar to the classic opiate feeling?

^Seconded, I would say Bali, with Indo White Vein in second place.

Bali definitely trumps the others. However, I've been going to White Vein more often in the past month.
but recently I'm convinced that my source has been cutting their Bali with another strain, or selling something else altogether. The powder is more finely ground,and has more of that heavy stoning effect that kratom creates after several consecutive days of use.

Last edited:
Me and my friends use quite a bit of kratom and we've found that it's different for all people. For me i mix an equal amount of maeng da and vietnam and i drink a quarter of a viva zen shot and that usually lasts for a good 5-6 hours depending on if i'm being active or not

Its best to have little to no tolerance for opiates if you wish to achieve the opiate-esque effects kratom can offer. If anyone is expecting an experience identical to a tee of any common opiate/opioid you will be disappointed.

I would again like to recommend taking a fairly sedating dose of diphenhydramine 20-30 minutes after dosing. This will add to the sedation and has given me a very pleasurable nod where the muscle relaxant effects of kratom really shine. During this nod I can feel my limbs tingle with pleasure while fading in and out of conciousness.

When I entered this state I had very very close to zero tolerance to opiates and kratom. I've only been able to get to the state a few times and have had trouble recreating it since, by no means was my experience common.

Hello, I have just tried this kratom we all speak of. I think if your having an addictive personality that it will only do so much for you. I did notice terrible withdraw from Vicodin, but than shortly after it started, I noticed the kratom doing its thing and it helped me get by until I went to the dr again. If anyone wants to feel good get red vein Kratom as its most opoid like or you could stop cold turkey. Even taking too much kratom will destroy your tolerance and make you sick however you cant overdose on it. If you play video games like Zelda and use kratom you will be so sedated and hooked for hours. You will get enough energy to clean house and keep busy. It's nothing compared to hydro as hydro is by far more potent. If you are seeking for a way to stop with all withdraw symptoms your out of luck. Kratom can only help reduce them not take them away. Kratom helps to an extent. It helped me make my video gaming more enjoyable. I beat Zelda ocarina of time. Hope this helps anybody in the present reading this post as other posts are from 2014. Make sure you stay hydrated and make sure you eat about 30 minutes after using Kratom. Hope this helps and yes at certain times you get a noticeable buzz and euoropha from it, that warm fuzzy feeling.

Super green malay for me is the most "classic" feeling. However, this varies from vendor to vendor. Last malay i bought let me down.

In general red strains are more relaxing.

Red Bali, good stuff in this strain is hard to come by though most vendors have crap, I've got some good right now (I can't tell you where it is out there though.)

I am very confused.

I have been trying kratom multiples times for several years now, all kinds of different strains and vendors and have never felt anything. Or at least not anything opiate-like.

One user asked years ago on this post why Kratom is touted so much for getting people off heroin because it can't possible satisfy some one the same way a real opiate would.
People say "don't get expect it to give you a classic opiate feeling", but then you hear others saying how it got them off heroin & pills, etc.. And that really doesn't seem to make sense.
Maybe some people are getting spiked kratom and think it's good shit and the rest of us are not? lol Or will kratom only ever be effective in those with no tolerance? If so, then why are people touting this drug as some "heroin alternative" or "pain pill" alternative? What's wrong with traditional opiates? If I'm in pain and a doctor hands me some kratom, I think I would be insulted. lol

I find tramadol & buprenorphine much more euphoric than kratom and that's saying something. I can't imagine a heroin addict feeling content with downing grams of plant matter for such little to barely any perceivable effect. Maybe some slight stimulation and small lift in mood but nothing compared to the power of traditional opiates. I was a heroin addict myself for many years tho and not much else comes close to it, but at least the traditional opiates can stop my cravings & give me relief some times.

I currently have a ton of Red Bali, Silver Malay and one called "Red Chocolate".. which is in a fine powder that I have to make in tea with milk (since it's hydrophobic). The red chocolate gave me effects but it felt like a strange caffeine analogue rather than an opioid.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is kratom never going to be for me? Is it only a partial agonist? I could see those with absolutely zero tolerance maybe achieving recreational effects from a partial agonist, but even other partial agonists are more enjoyable than kratom and you don't always have to have virgin opiate tolerance to feel them all. I currently only have a tolerance to partial agonists, so shouldn't kratom do SOMETHING to me? Either a drug works on the mu receptor or it doesn't. If kratom does, then why does it not have any potential to feel like a traditional opiate? It's not like the opiates from the poppy plant have some special magic key that only they can unlock for an "opiate experience".... And if the consensus is that it's never going to be like opiates, then perhaps people should stop treating it like it's an alternative to one? If it helps some people that's great, I'm all for people taking whatever gets them out of bed in the morning, but the amount of people I hear or see promoting kratom as some kind of "better" alternative to traditional opioids is absurd if you also recognize the fact that it doesn't feel like opiates. It can be very misleading to people.

I think there's been enough research to conclude that it does work on the mu, kappa and delta receptors right? So why wouldn't it be able to provide any opiate-like feelings then? Does anyone know it's efficiency/affinities as a partial agonist? And what about the antagonist compounds in kratom? How do these factor into the experience and can they not cause precipitated withdrawal if used with other full agonist/partial agonists!?!?!?!

Last edited:
I used Kratom when I lost my oxy connect for a few months . It covers the withdraw but it’s no where near oxy or opiate feeling . It made me want the oxy more . It gives some energy and mood lift but it just doesn’t quite get you “there” .

Yeah, I only take it to not feel withdrawal. It helps me get over the first 3 days with rest and then by day 4 I can go to work and exercise no problem. But it does not " get me high" in any way. It just lets me relax while my body is going through detox.

The answer is none. Kratom has a completely different feel.

The slow hippo ones are the closest if you mean chill factor. I don't like the fast strains. I don't take kratom to get "up." Just seems weird to me. Maybe if deep into post acute phase or something. And a lot of people around here parrot what they think is true, the reality is that there are fast reds and slow whites. There are fast greens and slow greens. I like yellow strains though. The sleepy and the mellow yellow, it'll set you straight. Red Island Kali is excellent too.