• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Which serial killers or true crimes intrigue you?

^hehe a few of us weirdos with morbid fascinations will keep it afloat, hopefully. ;)

I lived in one of the locations the EAR struck repeatedly during the late '70's. He terrorized whole neighborhoods, I mean...it was a really bad time. SOB was finally caught last week! Took those fools 40 years to get him. Part of how he did what he did? He was a cop at the time. That helped him evade capture.

Yeah mate, he was a terrifying psycho - cant imagine what it was like to live there, at that time. He was sacked from his position in the 70's; as a cop, when he was caught shoplifting (dog-repellant and a hammer)...this kind of behaviour; given the context of his murders and sadistic streak brings to mind Robert Durst.

Really hope this late arrest, offers the victims' families some semblance of justice/closure.

Last edited:
We have so many in Florida they're an endless source of interest, but they're all overshadowed by Bundy. But then there's the underrated Gerald Stano, who might as been as prolific as Bundy, Judy Buenoano who liked to kill family members for insurance (the last woman to go to Old Sparky), the compellingly insane can't-look-away-like-a-bad-car-accident Aileen Wuornos, Danny Rolling, the Gainesville Ripper, the list goes on and on and on...and on...

Supposedly Bundy's still hanging out on death row. His trial in the Kimberly Leach murder got moved to Orlando and you can still see where he scratched his name into the side of the defense table. The old courthouse is now the Orange County History Museum. I've taken multiple pictures of it - I'll try to find one. Apparently he had a much higher opinion of his intelligence than he actually was and thought if he could get away with murder in Florida, then he'd "won." (What, I have no idea) I read somewhere along the line that serial killers, except for ones that use explosives (think Ted Kaczynski) don't particularly have high IQs. He's a fascinating figure. PhD in mathematics from Michigan and faculty appointment at Berkeley by his early 20s. Left because he couldn't relate to people. Imagine that. This SNL skit with Will Ferrell as Kaczynski at his Harvard reunion never fails to make me laugh.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention I have a friend who lives in Georgia who had a chilling encounter on a remote part of the Appalachian Trail with Eric Rudolph, the guy who liked to bomb abortion clinics and gay bars across the south (not to mention the 1996 Olympics). Couldn't place why the guy seemed familiar to him then realized after the fact that it was from all the news coverage of the various bombings. It wasn't just a bad vibe. He wasn't dressed for, or carrying any of the gear you usually expect hikers to have, plus he just radiated bad vibes. Not too long after that some rookie cop in Murphy, North Carolina collared him while he was dumpster diving behind a strip mall.

Wow, creepy. I had a disturbing encounter with a guy out on a trail (not the AT, it was off the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC), I was with my girlfriend at the time. He was really nervous and shifty and had a strange way about him. We bumped into him going the opposite direction, near the end of a 4 mile hike to a remote waterfall. Pretty quickly he turned around and was walking up really fast on us. He stayed a certain distance behind us and every time I'd look back at him he'd stop for a second and pretend to be looking at something else. And then keep coming. Eventually we stopped to let him go by and he stopped the same distance behind us and wouldn't start going again. Finally I waved him over and he told us he was afraid of a bear and then he veered off into some shit about living with his mom and I was just getting really weird vibes from him. It grew awkward and we were like... well... maybe let's get moving on. But we waited for him to go by. But he wouldn't. When we kept going he started following behind us again and always falling behind a bit as I'd watch him and then he'd walk really fast to almost catch up again and he'd always stop with us but stay back. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up, I felt a distinct threat from this guy although I also kept thinking maybe he's just a very socially awkward guy who was legitimately afraid of a bear he saw and wanted to not be far from other people. In any case I felt such a sense of threat that I casually got out of my pocket knife and held it there, so like, maybe he could see it a little but I didn't want to overtly threaten him. Then after a while he kept getting closer so I picked up a big branch and swung it around like a club in the air in front of me a few times, and looked back at him, and he actually stopped and hung back and we didn't see him again... we were also getting close to the cars at this point.

So I don't know if the whole thing was in my head but my girl felt threatened in particular and I couldn't shake the sense that it was a good thing she wasn't alone. I was getting some disturbed sort of vibes for sure.

Then there's serial killer Gary Hilton who killed a solo female hiker on (ironically) Blood Mountain in Northeast Georgia on a spur trail that connects to the AT. He gave me the wim wams just watching a documentary about him. Apparently a Murphy bed fell on his head as a child. I have no doubt that goes a long way toward explaining how fucked up he was. He pleaded guilty to the Georgia murder, but good ol' Florida sentenced him to death for a murder in the Apalachicola National Forest. He is a sick dude. Liked to decapitate his victims. He's serving life in Georgia in exchange for pleading guilty in that case, so I doubt Florida will get a chance to exact their justice on him.

Forgot to mention I have a friend who lives in Georgia who had a chilling encounter on a remote part of the Appalachian Trail with Eric Rudolph, the guy who liked to bomb abortion clinics and gay bars across the south (not to mention the 1996 Olympics). Couldn't place why the guy seemed familiar to him then realized after the fact that it was from all the news coverage of the various bombings. It wasn't just a bad vibe. He wasn't dressed for, or carrying any of the gear you usually expect hikers to have, plus he just radiated bad vibes. Not too long after that some rookie cop in Murphy, North Carolina collared him while he was dumpster diving behind a strip mall.

I knew a guy, he was a teacher and I was one of his students. Man, he was freaken scary. He would just lie about anything to make himself look impressive and he was so convincing. His whole way of behaving would send chills down my spine. He always struck me as the kind of guy who'd kill you without a care in the world if he knew he'd get away with it. It's hard to explain exactly what was so off putting about him, it was just everything about him.

Every year or so I still google his name cause I'm half expecting them to one day find dead hookers in his house or something. One of the most disturbing people I've ever met.

Charles manson, jack the ripper and the zodiac are my fucking idols

Ooh and kevin mitnick inspired me too

Gotta say that's a creepy thing to say, without further context. 8o

The more I see shows with Rodney Alcala; the more I fantasise about strangling the cowardly cunt with his own curly, hair. Vengence is a complex mistress but it's worthy for those spineless mentally-challenged wankers; look at the fool .

Personally, the only reason I have to support the death penalty ( in defined circumstances) is with respect to this, this; crimes committed by psychopaths.

Otherwise, im out on the penal system - its so dysfunctional, corrupt and ethically abhorrent in many/most circumstances in US/Europe.

^ why? A carried out death penalty costs more than the same person serving life, on average. In neither case are they getting out, so to me the only reason one would support the death penalty is for vengeance and similar emotional reasons, which is hypocritical at best, raw abhorrent bloodlust at worst - and it tends to be the latter.

Wow, creepy. I had a disturbing encounter with a guy out on a trail (not the AT, it was off the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC), I was with my girlfriend at the time. He was really nervous and shifty and had a strange way about him. We bumped into him going the opposite direction, near the end of a 4 mile hike to a remote waterfall. Pretty quickly he turned around and was walking up really fast on us. He stayed a certain distance behind us and every time I'd look back at him he'd stop for a second and pretend to be looking at something else. And then keep coming. Eventually we stopped to let him go by and he stopped the same distance behind us and wouldn't start going again. Finally I waved him over and he told us he was afraid of a bear and then he veered off into some shit about living with his mom and I was just getting really weird vibes from him. It grew awkward and we were like... well... maybe let's get moving on. But we waited for him to go by. But he wouldn't. When we kept going he started following behind us again and always falling behind a bit as I'd watch him and then he'd walk really fast to almost catch up again and he'd always stop with us but stay back. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up, I felt a distinct threat from this guy although I also kept thinking maybe he's just a very socially awkward guy who was legitimately afraid of a bear he saw and wanted to not be far from other people. In any case I felt such a sense of threat that I casually got out of my pocket knife and held it there, so like, maybe he could see it a little but I didn't want to overtly threaten him. Then after a while he kept getting closer so I picked up a big branch and swung it around like a club in the air in front of me a few times, and looked back at him, and he actually stopped and hung back and we didn't see him again... we were also getting close to the cars at this point.

These sorts of wannabe killers who haven't the slightest idea of how to successfully kill a person without getting fucked in the process and/or getting caught make me cringe.

Last edited:
^ goddamn amateurs, eh?! 8)

^ why? A carried out death penalty costs more than the same person serving life, on average. In neither case are they getting out, so to me the only reason one would support the death penalty is for vengeance and similar emotional reasons, which is hypocritical at best, raw abhorrent bloodlust at worst - and it tends to be the latter.

Well, your perception is completely flawed. Psychopaths are brain-damaged - Neuronally mis-wired ( frontol cortex is usually damaged - practically devolved, compared to other humans). Of course, this fact can be abused by politicians etc to gain votes and put innocents, or just anti-social and those porous to rehabilitation at risk. Most of these people are intelectually deficient anyway or are borderline retarded - apart from the rare one.

But if an individual murders/rapes someone and eat parts of the corpse - they should be destroyed - end fucking of.

The US system is daft - cries compassion but keeps a system that incarcerates young, minority and genuinely non-risk offenders/drug-addicts within a revolving door system; for profit - yet fails to deal with the rare psychopthic case ( as too much money spin from media is involved) - and the media ushers general morons to cry 'mercy' as they read something in a tabloid or on TV about injustice for some genuine, lunatic . What a vile, sick system.

Obviously im talking about the lowest common denomenator of US society - those who unconscientiously choose to be ignorant because they are so used to having convenience shoved down their fat, diabetes-ridden, consumer addicted, drug-addled, gullets that their brain function and judgement, is genuinely impaired.

However, sadistic Psychopaths can harm other innocent inmates, guards etc. the damage they cause to individuals is beyond comprehension - especially in a penal system https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...wired-to-seek-reward-at-any-cost-5528569.html.

How can injections cost more - reference, please?

Note* love the way 'blood-lust', pseudo- moralising is spouted, as some type of argument =D - especially by people who claim they are 'above' or, somehpw more 'pure' from even conceiving of any type of solution to a vile and damgerous individual that actively seeks to harm a multitude of their own race ( insane much?!)- are you Amish, or perhaps a character from touched by an Angel - were you, in fact 'touched by an Angel' at some point that enabled your 'pure being to be' so traumatised that you felt morally superior to the rest of humanity and felt utmost compassion for serial rapists, child abusers, psychopaths; who torture rape and come on their victims, in ecstacy only after seeing them suffer beyond human comprehnsion ... how thoughtful of you - pity you tend to omit the actual victims of these atrociites in your PC nonsense...

...and dont forget the good 'ol necrophiliac killers - Aw- they are so misguided - just a little compassion for them, eh? A few lessons from a local university or, craft will set them on the right path - even at the expense of their cell-mates, eh?

Teach me your gifts of forgiveness for these people - how would you propose; in your wisdom, to show them the right-hand-path , eh? Maybe crystals, a strawberry and cream vape and salt-caramel popcorn, while watching Jordon Peterson??? - magic! :)
Tell me more about the pro-execution 'blood lust' involved in ridding a virtual insane, violent lunatic from being filtered through an inept law system, then?
What does blood-lust have to do with ridding society of a rabid, brain-damaged, violent lunatic who predates innocent victims of his own species, just because their oedipel complex bothers them more than the rest of us...please explain this bat-shit accusation of yours - am facinated as to how you draw a seemingly ethical conclusion by protecting a dangerous and psychopathic person over an innocent one??

Last edited:
Ugh that guy is horrific, I can't get past about 3 minutes holy shit. :|

I have to say that I agree with the death penalty for true psychopaths like that, or serial killers. We don't need to keep them in prison for 20 years and then kill them, just get it over with. I disagree with the death penalty for many of the cases in which they've used it, however.

^ It is beyond horrendous. :| It is easy to conflate a concept of 'evil' as that of a collective conscious/sub-/unconscious we all struggle with and the actuality, of these pieces of parasitic nothingness; as they exist ( and they do; across all classes and creeds)

I have to say that I agree with the death penalty for true psychopaths like that, or serial killers. We don't need to keep them in prison for 20 years and then kill them, just get it over with. I disagree with the death penalty for many of the cases in which they've used it, however.

Completely agree, Xorgoth.

I love threads like this because even though they sicken me, killers also fascinate me, and I'm a total true crime buff and watch investigation discovery all the time and read everything I can.

In terms of modern killers, some of the ones who fascinate me most are: Albert Fish (sick pedo and cannibal who actually lived near me), Carl Panzram (this guy was seriously badass), and of course the unsolved ones, Zodiac, I'm still fascinated by The East Area Rapist and bought the book written by Patton Oswalt's late wife about him but have yet to read it and really want to find out more about his story...and man, there's too many more for me to think of at the moment cause I have some stuff to do but I'll come back to this thread later, oh...also H.H. Holmes of course, who was the first real American serial killer, other than the Harpe brothers Wiley and Micajah who were really the first during the revolutionary war period...they have a very interesting story...

But I am REALLY fascinated by the older killers from past time periods and especially unsolved cases: everyone from Countess Bathory to Vlad the Impaler (more of a War Lord) to the REALLY sick Gilles De Rais, to whoever it was that axed people to death in 3 of the most mysterious murders I've ever heard of from olden days: 1) The Villesca Axe Murders in Iowa in the early 1900s, 2) the Hinterkaifeck murders in Germany in the early 1900s and 3) The Servant Girl Annihilator murders in Austin, Texas in the late 1800s.

All of those are really interesting.

Seems I'm constantly discovering new killers I'm fascinated with, but when called upon to ask which ones it takes me a while to remember them all cause I'm always watching and reading about different ones.

There was also some guy Thug Behram who was an Indian killer who perhaps killed more people than anyone in history I've heard, like supposedly literally 1,000 and his name of "Thug" is somehow related to the Indian term "Thugee" from which we get our term, and I'm also remembering two German killers who killed literally HUNDREDS of people, like in the 500s or something, in the 1500s or 1600s, I'll be damned if I can remembered there names, I think one might have been named Hans something and the other Niles something....I'll figure out who they were eventually and return to this thread later to post other names as well.

Most of these people are intelectually deficient anyway or are borderline retarded - apart from the rare one.

Actually, psychopaths tend to fall on the higher end of the intellect scale. That's why they are so successful. You may hear about the odd psychotic individual, but psychopaths who are good at manipulating other human beings, planning homicide and so on, they're quite smart.

How can injections cost more - reference, please?

In US, a death sentence means you stay on Death Row with plenty of appeals and other stuff available to you. Basically if you play your cards right, you get at least 10 years of pretty costly imprisonment with all the lawyer-y running around one can conduct. You can appeal your cases to multiple courts, each appeal costing time and money of people working in the law industry. This article might interest you.

...PC nonsense...

Lol, now that was unexpected. I'm politically correct? I recommend reading my posts.

...and dont forget the good 'ol necrophiliac killers - Aw- they are so misguided - just a little compassion for them, eh? A few lessons from a local university or, craft will set them on the right path - even at the expense of their cell-mates, eh?

To each their own. You can't change a human being in these extreme cases (or in most cases actually). It's not about compassion, it's about trying to understand the human mind no matter how depraved it may get, and trying to work from there. Burying your head in the sand won't stop humans from committing these acts. What we can do is try to understand, and using that knowledge - prevent the next case.

Ugh that guy is horrific, I can't get past about 3 minutes holy shit. :|

Interestingly enough, that is how most psychopaths function. It's cold logic in order to attain their needs. Manipulation, deception, whatever. After all, we're all biochemical mechanisms at work and aren't beyond external stimuli like someone telling you they're going to help you. Easiest way to get into one's head is to pretend to be a friend willing to help.

Death penalty is a tricky subject. There have been many cases where wrong evidence, racism, political leaning, and other factors, have resulted in innocent people getting killed. Even in the most serious cases.

Last edited: