• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Which serial killers or true crimes intrigue you?

Bland first answered for doing harm to others in 1958 when he was convicted of felony assault in Los Angeles for stabbing a man in the stomach. He was given no prison time and instead was granted five years probation. That was his first incident. Second, in 1960 he was convicted of rape and kidnapping in a series of sexual assaults on women in Los Angeles County. He was sent to a state hospital, and after seven years of treatment he was back on the streets of Los Angeles. Less than a year later another series of sexual attacks occurred. A school teacher was raped at knife point. A 31-year-old woman was awakened when a man's gloved hand reached through her bedroom window and covered her mouth. She was dragged out the window, into the backyard and raped. Bland was convicted of rape, kidnapping and burglary for the two crimes. He served seven years and was paroled. Then he struck again. The victims were an 11-year-old girl and her mother who were accosted while walking down the street of a Los Angeles suburb. Both were molested; the girl was tortured. Bland pleaded guilty to kidnapping and assault with intent to commit rape and he was sentenced to an indeterminate term in state prison. He served three years and then was paroled back into the community.

The crimes continued and Bland was back in jail within eight months, this time convicted of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old Torrance boy. The boy had been tortured with wire, clothes pins, pliers and vice grips. Bland pleaded guilty and was sentenced to nine years. After serving less than five of the nine years, he was paroled in January 1986. Subsequent to his release, he was implicated in three additional crimes. All were sexual assaults. All ended in the murder of the victim ...

common narrative.

My favorite unsolved crimes are: the Zodiac Killer and the Black Dahlia crime.

Now. The serial killers.

First. Leonard Lake / Charles Ng

These two pieces of human shit, rapted and chained a bunch of girls into a put them into a kind of fortress. This two pieces of shit tortured, raped, killed them and even videotaped all this shit (I wouldn't be surprised if these ended up in some kind of dark web). The sad thing is that only one of them could be convicted and sentenced for the crimes, the other piece of shit swallowed a cyanide capsule during the interrogation. Fucking coward.

The second one is another couple but from other country. In fact it's from England and it's a couple too: Ian Brady y Myra Hindley.
It's better known as the crimes of Moors. Perhaps this crime is a bit more cruel since the victims are all children. They even had the nerve to record some victims with an audio recorder before killing them. In fact, I don't think they have found all the possible victims of this duo yet. Fuck this guys.

They all used to pretty much well the ones they made movies about I used to rent from Blockbuster as a little boy

Although I was too young at the time it happened, but I read alot about Charles Manson and his followers. Creepy and scary what they did to the poor victims. Manson never really commited the murders but he masterminded them. And his family did the dirty deeds.

Bland first answered for doing harm to others in 1958 when he was convicted of felony assault in Los Angeles for stabbing a man in the stomach. He was given no prison time and instead was granted five years probation. That was his first incident. Second, in 1960 he was convicted of rape and kidnapping in a series of sexual assaults on women in Los Angeles County. He was sent to a state hospital, and after seven years of treatment he was back on the streets of Los Angeles. Less than a year later another series of sexual attacks occurred. A school teacher was raped at knife point. A 31-year-old woman was awakened when a man's gloved hand reached through her bedroom window and covered her mouth. She was dragged out the window, into the backyard and raped. Bland was convicted of rape, kidnapping and burglary for the two crimes. He served seven years and was paroled. Then he struck again. The victims were an 11-year-old girl and her mother who were accosted while walking down the street of a Los Angeles suburb. Both were molested; the girl was tortured. Bland pleaded guilty to kidnapping and assault with intent to commit rape and he was sentenced to an indeterminate term in state prison. He served three years and then was paroled back into the community.

The crimes continued and Bland was back in jail within eight months, this time convicted of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old Torrance boy. The boy had been tortured with wire, clothes pins, pliers and vice grips. Bland pleaded guilty and was sentenced to nine years. After serving less than five of the nine years, he was paroled in January 1986. Subsequent to his release, he was implicated in three additional crimes. All were sexual assaults. All ended in the murder of the victim ...

common narrative.

Jesus christ. :cautious: Why in god's name would they keep not only letting him back out, but releasing him early??

Although I was too young at the time it happened, but I read alot about Charles Manson and his followers. Creepy and scary what they did to the poor victims. Manson never really commited the murders but he masterminded them. And his family did the dirty deeds.

I agree, that is a case that’s famous for a reason. Lots of strange and interesting features in that one...Manson and co. were able to get away with a lot of stuff before they were eventually brought down, despite being on the radar of both state and federal law enforcement (Manson had spent over half his life in prison by the time he was 30 and supposedly had a federal prison file that was several inches thick)...there’s a lot of speculation that he was a confidential informant for one or more law enforcement organizations, perhaps within the context of FBI counter-intelligence programs which were happening during that era (1960s)

Fascinating background to the crimes, California during the late 60s, all kinds of tumultuous stuff going on, hippies black power anti-war movements etc, the spread of LSD, the operations of insidious domestic programs by federal agencies like the FBI and even the CIA...then, in the context of all that you have some dirtbag evil Jesus who somehow developed an effective mind control technique? Wild wild case imo

I just fucking killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they’re dead. I don’t know how to feel atm. It was amazing. As soon as you get over the “oh my god, I can’t do this” feeling, it’s pretty enjoyable. I’m kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now lol.

I just fucking killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they’re dead. I don’t know how to feel atm. It was amazing. As soon as you get over the “oh my god, I can’t do this” feeling, it’s pretty enjoyable. I’m kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now lol.
Classic

Good quote. That's exactly what she wrote in her diary. Alyssa Bustamante or something like that. Killed that 9 year old girl for the hell of it. I watched her confession on YT not too long ago.

Tommy karate not only a member of the Bonanno crime family who was a made man but a serial killer used to bury his victims in a nature reserve on staten island . Also studied martial arts in japan the book on his life is a good read .Also Roy Demeo also a made man in the Gambino crime family used the DeMeo method to kill his victims shot to the head then stab in the heart to stop blood pumping out then hung in the shower to bleed out . These two enjoyed killing had it prefected Tommy karate only got caught because of an informant

AVvXsEhV2RHor6zB44k1_Zb5CHoigP4JHNgQBPVFJTt7MzQtEiUsi1eXTgzd7KxBvpbiu_alU3OB4ousxV5jQJ5XDTCbKC4ca8RJAmgK0tsKdZc-bb4jdgcvSPP55df1_mOfpscP-ZiW5L6L6C5F1yry4B44DGJoChZM86Vwo5bdPvUibokzHADPghv7GL_Q-g=s754

My idea was to carry out mass kidnappings of children and then to create, in a mine shaft, a sort of underground city where good, harmony and security would prevail.
—marc dutroux

michelle carter

i heard about the case as it was happening but did not follow. now elle is portraying her — got my attention. the show has me interested in the person. elle is earning her my sympathy. fuck mental health; it’s mental illness. not going to read about the real event and person until after the show. hope she’s as captivating as the character.

Aileen Wuornos, executed in 2002(of course) and Elizabeth Bathory, and far as true crime, the shitter man, he was busted in my nearby campground montana de oro. he sat in the tank of the outhouse to watch women, when he was busted he told the ranger/cops he was looking for his wedding ring, during Halloween, a few people dressed up like the shitter man, blew the bong men and tampon boys away

Last edited:
Serial killers or rapists don’t intrigue me, I find them all despicable. What moronic words I had to read after Charles manson died.

remember the beth thomas documentary? we watched it in school for some reason (along with Sybil ‘76). i am rewatching it right now and it seems sketch. the psych walks her through the interview. her adoptive parents and that woman at the end are zealots. i do not believe their story.

edit:
turns out that lady at the end is a quack who was later convicted for killing one of her 10-year-old patients during treatment. [nope, different lady]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Newmaker

most online discussion of the story is softhead comments about how hard to watch the documentary is and how happy they are she’s in a better place. but this write up is decent. funny he mentions the sybil story as well.

amazon page for the book written by beth and her mother: https://www.amazon.com/Dandelion-Pillow-Butcher-Knife-Beneath/dp/0970352522/

oh wait, super confusing that nancy is referred to as beth’s adoptive mother and they have the same last name. i wasn’t paying attention to names when i watched the video. nancy is the lady at the end of the documentary. she adopted beth from the previous adoptive parents — odd way to conclude treatment.

so the lady at the end, nancy, did not kill a 10-year-old patient. wiki says, ‘Beth Thomas's adopted mother Nancy Thomas has been a leading proponent of "attachment therapy" (originally known as "Rage reduction therapy"; hence the title) since the documentary was made, a highly controversial form of psychotherapy regarded by the American Medical Association as pseudoscientific and abusive. Beth Thomas, a former patient of the "Attachment therapist" Connell Watkins, would later - as a freshman - testify on Watkins's behalf in the Candace Newmaker trial …’

so she was a patient of watkins at some other time? fucking wiki. anyway i’m gonna leave the candace link up because it’s relevant and in theme with the thread.

re-watched the end and they never name that lady. they only refer to her as an “expert.” later the narrator mentions a therapist easing beth’s restrictions and controls. that mean the expert lady? the expert seems to indicate that the documentary crew is involved in beth’s treatment at 24:20 when she says to the camera, “she’s done a lot of good work with you in therapy.”

googled her picture; the expert indeed is nancy thomas.

Last edited: