• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Which serial killers or true crimes intrigue you?

One day in 1977, Chase rang his mother's doorbell and greeted her by thrusting a dead cat in her face. He then threw the cat to the ground, knelt down, ripped its stomach open with his bare hands, and stuck his hands inside the cat, smearing its blood all over his face while screaming. His mother calmly returned inside the house and did not report the incident to anyone
made me think of the movie Possession with isabelle adjani ...

possession.gif

You have completed the Levenson Self-Report Psychopathy Scale.

The LSRP measures two scales.

Scores range from 1 (low) to 5 (high).

Your score from primary psychopathy has been calculated as 2.1. Primary psychopathy is the affective aspects of psychopathy; a lack of empathy for other people and tolerance for antisocial orientations.

Your score from secondary psychopathy has been calculated as 3. Secondary psychopathy is the antisocial aspects of psychopathy; rule breaking and a lack of effort towards socially rewarded behavior.

With two scores, results of the LSRP are very suitable for being plotted. Below is the distribution of how other people who have taken this test have scored.

LSRP.png

You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 50.45% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 71.45% of people who have taken this test.

where do you rank?

I might, but Im trying to keep my shit on a sane path. Ive accepted psychosis so on the other side it might be a good idea.

Im intrigued by what Richard Chase's psychologist once told him and how it might have affected him mentally for the rest of his life. He was told that he had "frustration" towards women and stuff which he turned around to something sinister. Naturally instead of accepting it and working on it he turned it as his modus operandi. Shame really.

Mary Ann Cotton aka the Black Widow killed 21 including children by arsenic poisoning and Buck Ruxton who killed two by stabbing, his common-law wife and maid; the Jigsaw Murders

The Zodiac killer is kind of interesting too

I have been on a Forensic Files kick here lately. Season 7 episode 3. I love these shows, i mean sad shit. I like how they usa DNA and other forensic testing to find the killer. Makes you wonder how they did it before there was anything like that.

So I’ve been watching a lot of true crime docos and was interested to learn that these serial killer psychopaths are actually of mostly low-average IQ. I wondered if that was a coincidence or whether it may be related to Antisocial Personality Disorder (psychopaths). Turns out yeah, lotsa research suggests all psychopaths are stupid. They call it the Hannibal Lecter Myth that makes people think they’re super intelligent when really they’re dumb.

Looking around.... makes a lot of sense 😂😂😂

I don't know. There are still serial killers and they haven't been caught, like where bodies just turn up with certain patterns of death in the same area or even multiple areas. Of course we know who the idiots are because they got sloppy at some point. Now would I say that these individuals are normal? Probably not, hehe

Ted Bundy is fascinating but the killer behind the Atlanta child murders is the one I think of whenever people mention serial killers. They arrested Wayne Williams for 2 adult murders that occurred at the same time and attributed many of the child murders to him, but never charged him for them and he has always maintained his innocence. It’s sad because I don’t think the police really tried that hard when it came to those cases and so many families were torn apart by grief with no hope for justice.

The thing with some serial killers is that, they actually feel sympathy but still commit murders. I cant help but marvel at that. Murdering people is obviously wrong. But how the fuck you end up killing people with sympathy, just like most school shooters.

Read some about Richard Chase. He had multiple, multiple psychosis. Its kinda interesting.

https://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/chase-richard.htm

Good god that is the maybe the worst thing I have ever read what the FUCK

Anatoly Onoprienko aka The Terminator who was accused of 52 murders

The dr. that shot his wife, probably a bitch of high grade.

Got sentenced for murder, prison. But was so loved by the people that a petition not only got him free. But he even got a street named after him, after his death I guess.

No way you could get away with that these day's.

They’re all fascinating but the ones close to home for me have always held my attention the longest.

The bodies in the barrels case happened only about 15km from where I currently live, I grew up in a near identical socioeconomic environment and was exposed to many of the same kinds of people who became both the victims and perpetrators of the killing spree.

Thinking it ‘quaint’ I visited a cinema only blocks from the crime scene to watch the premiere of the movie made about it.
The eeriest decision I have ever made even years later I’m haunted by it.
The cinema packed with people who lived right in the middle of it all, perhaps were aquatinted with some of the characters, by 20 minutes in at least a dozen people had got up and silently walked out, unable to continue and at the end when ordinarily the theatre is buzzing with conversation about the movie, 300 people walked out in stunned silence.

I think every single one of us felt like we had literally just lived it.

The couple who made money off furniture they made out of their victims in California. I'm watching this now

I don't see what's so fascinating about people like Jack the Ripper. I'm taking a leap here, but isn't it possible he was a copper? It seems like just about anything went on back then plus there was no DNA. Who knows how much fingerprinting went on. If he were around today, he'd probably be found out within a day. I guess people like mystery more than the truth

I'm more interested in the truth and facts than in people getting away with murder for no reason and yes I've watched like 3 different documentaries on this guy; assuming it was a male perpetrator