• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Which RCs to avoid when on an SSRI?

Slc6a4

Greenlighter
hi everybody

I'm on escitalopram and am really happy with it, at the other hand I'm dependent on it not to fall into a deep depression. So I don't want to stop it.

Lately I am interested in RCs again and I wonder which ones are serotonergic and should be avoided to prevent serotonin syndrome?

I have been out of the 'scene' for a few years but want to do some experimenting, but in the safest possible way.

thanks

If you suffer from major depression probably shouldn't be taking hallucinogens or RCs but if you want to then to be on the safe side, avoid SSRIs when taking RCs

If you suffer from major depression probably shouldn't be taking hallucinogens or RCs but if you want to then to be on the safe side, avoid SSRIs when taking RCs
thanks for your view. I was thinking of some dopaminergics maybe, I am definitely avoiding hallucinogens and serotonergics, but with the RCs i have too little knowledge to know what they actually do

Certainly avoid any MAOI's such as AMT

Pretty much a fatal combination with SSRIs

I didn't have any issues with rc stimulants, psychedelics, or dissociatives in combination with citalopram. All worked as they should.

I would avoid RC Opioids, there is increasing evidence that Opioids can contribute to the occurrence of serotonin syndrome.

The following is a study into such.