• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Which RC is the most like MDMA?

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
I was thinking of trying 6-MAPB since 6-APB was kinda cool. Any other suggestions?

APBs, MAPBs, APDBs, aMT is serotonin releasing, the Borax method, etc. bk-MDMA is pretty good.

i found 5-apb inferior to 6-apb, never had apdb of any type and amt is just ...i never want to use that again, even from the various batches i tried...bk-mdma is kinda played and true for me...

5-MAPB, 6-APB, BK MDMA.
A combo of 2FA and 5MAPB was IMHO a better roll than MDMA, but with a less psychedelic effects.
I tried 6 MAPB but it is too stimmy and not empathogenic enough to be compared to MDMA

There's honestly none near mdma. Where I leave only mapbs are legal but they, including other similar substances, lack in something: one in serotonin, one in dopamine...

If you want something similar to mdma I think you should look at some mixes but it is not really safe, I have personally done some research with 3-fea, 3fpm, 5mapb, 2fma. The only legal ones.

Last edited:
Methylone is like MDMA-light and was put into a lot of pills in the US when it was more widely available, but I agree with casual-eater none are really like MDMA.

6-APB is more like MDA I found. Nowhere near as safe as MDMA, much harsher on the brain and serotonin receptors. I tend to stay away from the RC alternatives for this reason, I've abused MDMA enough. If it's just out of curiosity and not a replacement the x-MAPB/X-APB and Methylone are worth a go.

For serotonin only experience definetly 3-fea does the trick, in doses greater than 100mg orally gives a nice serotonin buzz but almost no sharp and speedy, confused-like mdma.

I think that due to less efficancy on the other neurotrasmittors it's less toxic and in my experience the comedown are much less prominent. So it's more indicate for an house setting with close friends.

Intranasally it's the opposite, hurts and gives speed like stimulation whit little serotonin activity which is interesting to say the least.

There's honestly none near mdma. Where I leave only mapbs are legal but they, including other similar substances, lack in something: one in serotonin, one in dopamine...

If you want something similar to mdma I think you should look at some mixes but it is not really safe, I have personally done some research with 3-fea, 3fpm, 5mapb, 2fma. The only legal ones.
Where are you from? I doubt those are legal wherever you are.

3-FEA isn't it, 6-APB with a stimulant mixed in is closest probably (most MDMA pills are cut with a stim anyway.)

Having tried both 6APB and 5MAPB I think it is the latter that is the closest to MDMA.
But you need a stim like speed or 2FA/2FMA to emulate MDMA with both.

5-MAPB but I think it's a bit closer to MDA instead of MDMA. I like 5-MAPB a bit more than MDMA... I haven't tried 6-APB but from the research I've done over the years I think it's a contender too.

5-MAPB but I think it's a bit closer to MDA instead of MDMA. I like 5-MAPB a bit more than MDMA... I haven't tried 6-APB but from the research I've done over the years I think it's a contender too.
It is hard to just outline the difference's between the lot.

Recently 40mg oral 5-eapb and 10 insufflated reminded me about what a difference the specific releaser has. I do like em mostly and they do feel a bit like. But Mdma and Mda, most probably Mdea too. Have something unique.

The Apb's that feel most close by are 6-Apb. And 5-Eapb, which strangely seems about twice as strong.

They miss the stimulation prevalent in Md like substances though. The come up is way less in your face. 5-Mapb, the most likely candidate, next to bk-Mdma, was a bit Mweh ime. 6-Apdb and 5-Apb felt less desireable also imo.

5-apb, 5-mapb and 5-eapb are a lot like mdma, almost indistinguishable. 5-apdb is a bit lesser pushing than mdma and 6-apb is the most different in my opinion. lesser known analogues like iap or 5-it also are nothing like mdma.

Last edited:
IME with 5 MAPB it is VERY distinguishable from MDMA, much less adrenergic, more chill, less visual.

Ive enjoyed so many rcs, but never been lucky enough to try and mdma type rcs, well since methylone was released in 200x i found that so umderwhelming i gave it away, was apparently good too, others enjoyed i just found it so mild and not worth the effort

bk-mdma/methylone

problem with this is you have to take large doses for it to feel like good mdma, and this is terrible harm reduction advice. For example I once took one methylone capsule and it felt like mdma-light, just a coming up. Next time I double dropped (not recommended) and it was like a full blown mdma roll, and dare I say it even better than the high dosed mdma orange teslas from a year later.
No comedown either. Probably much safer than the ecstasy pills pressed in America which contain N-Ethylpentylone, and a little bit of mda and meth to fool inexperienced ravers into thinking they’re getting strong euro beans.

bk-mdma/methylone

problem with this is you have to take large doses for it to feel like good mdma, and this is terrible harm reduction advice. For example I once took one methylone capsule and it felt like mdma-light, just a coming up. Next time I double dropped (not recommended) and it was like a full blown mdma roll, and dare I say it even better than the high dosed mdma orange teslas from a year later.
No comedown either. Probably much safer than the ecstasy pills pressed in America which contain N-Ethylpentylone, and a little bit of mda and meth to fool inexperienced ravers into thinking they’re getting strong euro beans.
I bet the naming hasn't helped, N-Ethylpentylone also called BK-EPDB and Ephylone, and then looks word wise just like N-Ethyl-Pentedrone, an entirely different experience, much worse if mistaken as N-Ethylhexedrone, which, while I probably safer for a single overdose, but a hell of a much stronger beast