• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Which opiate best fits what I want. (What I want explained in the post)

@ OP, chipping can work for very few, but maybe you're one of the lucky ones. Seeing as you dont have much of a tolerance, I would stick with hydrocodone or oxycodone, in low doses.

- Hopeless..

I owe my continued existence to hot baths. Taking one every hour
Snag some epsom salts and keep doing it. It does help. Also, there are many guides on here that list over the counter medicine that is very helpful. Loperamide HCL being the most important. Phreex had a great withdrawl guide.

I make bass music as a hobby, so the right style of dubstep on a nice bassy system does make me feel better. I totally agree that music can be of physical help

Any opinions on Suboxone? I've heard some really good reports, and some not-so-good reports. I'm very interested in it or Methadone because of their long-lasting effects. Last time I took Oxycodone the effects lasted 2 hours top before wavering.

Suboxone didn't get me any kind of high at all, just took the kick away. Methadone on the other hand does create a drowsy dreamlike high at 100+ mg doses. The kick off it lasts for months though, so it's not worth getting into. Oh and methadone blocks all other opiates from working once you build up a blood concentration

This is all based on my own chemistry and what I have found works best for myself; I've never tried oxymorphone, so I can't comment on that one.
I would say mix Oxycodone, Hydrocodone and poppy seed tea, oxy first then hydrocodone, sip the tea thru out. You are going to have a hard time getting that feeling in your spine without IV use, but you can manage to get it overall. Take some alka seltzer with it too, it helps add to the numbness. Mixing is best, makes your opiates go much further IMO. I think Oxy with Hydrocodone on top is good, but Hydro with Oxy on top just doesn't work for me. Codiene mixes well with everything for myself. I also think you should spread out the dosage and take on as close as an empty stomach as you can, I know people will disagree with me on this, but what works best for me is to take my main dose first, then another quarter in half and hour, and then to snort or plug the last quarter in another half an hour. For me the Euphoria is all about the build and if you can stretch how the chemicals are building you lengthen the time that you can feel euphoric. Also Tagamet with the first dose, tagamet gives me a little boost in my mood sober so I think it adds something, but I don't think it potentiates. Keep the dosages in YOUR middle range, if you know what your tolerance is. Higher dosages do not= better feelings IMO. It's on the high end of low that you want to be, because you can still feel, once you get to nodding your too numb to feel euphoric for very long. Benzo's mix well with opiates, but ARE "very" DANGEROUS. Oxy with klonopin is heavenly. Temazepam and klonopin are best for me. Learn your bodies reaction, and know your tolerance. Everyone reacts to every opiate differently, it's all personal preference.

And don't push your limits with opiates, tolerance is a bitch and if you want to keep enjoying them make it an occasional treat. Also avoid coffee for at least a week beforehand. I never realized this until I stopped drinking it, but it has detrimental effects on opiates. I know it's great to be opiated and then drink coffee, but it totally makes you need more and kills the duration of the high.

You hit the nail on the head with Tolerance is a bitch. I've gotten reckless with fentanyl since I had 700g of it for free. Ended up with 2g per day Iv habit. Now time has come to get off it and I'm barely surviving mainly thanks to hot baths. No opiates work on me at all, I had surgery on my foot and had to feel all the pain since local anastasia didn't work due to my draconian tolerance

You hit the nail on the head with Tolerance is a bitch. I've gotten reckless with fentanyl since I had 700g of it for free. Ended up with 2g per day Iv habit. Now time has come to get off it and I'm barely surviving mainly thanks to hot baths. No opiates work on me at all, I had surgery on my foot and had to feel all the pain since local anastasia didn't work due to my draconian tolerance

Yah man, I realized with hydrocodone's that they wouldn't work on me at the same dosage more then a couple times a week and my dosages got bigger and bigger, then I decided it wasn't even worth it. Of course IV messed it all up too, couldn't feel hydro's for a couple years. Needed a good long break. Now I use, but occasionally only and I try to keep all of my dosages as low as I can. As wonderful as I thought it would be to be on opiates every day, they don't work that way and quickly lose their magic. Good luck on your withdrawals. Have you taken Kratom before? I've heard it will lessen withdrawals with smack, but fentanyl is a different beast all together. Or theres that ibogaine stuff. Cold turkey is best though, I was addicted to ambien had a 80mg a day habit, those withdrawals were an absolute nightmare. Went camping, couldn't sleep for more then an hour a day for a week. Anxious as shit, weird feelings all over my body, mania in the mornings especially and I developed obsessions with maps and I would just study them for hours and hours. It was god awful, but once I got thru it I decided addiction is no fun.

Last edited:
I've never heard of Kratos, but willing to give it a try. My kick is indescribable in words. I take Xanax and smoke a bunch of pot, or else I can't stop moving. The pain is crazy, what's worse is the mental part of it. I'd rather kick H cold turkey any day. My mind is going haywire I can't sleep with a Danmark for 3 days now. Puke up anything I eat so losing weight fast. Can't concentrate enough to read a book, and everything annoys the hell out of me so I'm constantly arguing with ppl. Everything hurts like unholy blazes of hell.. every hair on my head, eyelids fingers all joints etc. Im literally screaming like a lil girl

opiate withdrawal is hell. Day 3 and losing the will. No denying the absolute pleasure of them and especially Heroin itself but i know very few who get away with dabbling in recreational use for too long. Take care and i hope you keep it under control.

@ OP, chipping can work for very few, but maybe you're one of the lucky ones. Seeing as you dont have much of a tolerance, I would stick with hydrocodone or oxycodone, in low doses.

- Hopeless..

If you really must fuck with opiates, do this. I did this and all I will say is that I'm damn lucky I never wound up addicted despite how I started to use opiates more frequently in a month. I am grateful daily that I never started to use morphine, dope, fent, etc. or larger doses of oxy, hydro, or codeine, and that I was able to stop using opiates.

Keep in mind even just using them every so often in low doses can make you crave them which is psychological addiction, and then you start taking them more and the next thing you know you're physically addicted to them which is how a lot of people get addicted to opiates. Stay safe.

You mentioned how you use Kratom. That's an opiate, and it's just as addictive as all other opiates are, and a lot of people wind up addicted to Kratom and just wind up relapsing on opiates or wind up using other opiates like dope, oxy/hydro, etc. in large doses.

Last edited:
^ Do Not do what snack space advised, seasoned vets OD by mixing stuff like that. Especially, PST, you have no way of knowing how many alkaloids are in the brew. The OP takes opiates twice a year, mixing oxy,hydro, and pst could be fatal.. then potentiating it with benzo's? But, the best part is in the vey next post, "Dont push your limits." Lol

- SS373dOH Soul..

With low tolerance you should stick with hydrocodone and oxycodone. If you find yourself needing dilaudid or opana your tolerance is getting too high and its a clear sign that you may need a break. For oral though i like Oxycodone for a more stimulating euphoric effect and hydrocodone for a more sedative / noddish effect. Overall i get the same warm fuzzy blanket feeling and uplifted from either if at the right dose.

My favorite effect of opiates is that warm, cozy feeling your body (For me it seems mainly in my back/spine) gets. It is the absolute highest priority for me when picking an opiate. I've done Oxycodone, hydrocodone, and IV Morphine (all under prescription or while in the hospital). The morphine was the best of the three, but that's obviously because it was IV rather than oral. I know there are morphine pills as well, but I haven't tried those. In my experience, oral Oxycodone was the best in this category.

Second most important is that I want to feel happy and inspired. I'm an indie game developer, and I love working while on opiates because of how good everything feels. The work I'm doing feels good, and well, everything feels good. Long story short: secondary importance is the state of well-being.

Which opiate (nothing IV. No heroin. Only pills.) would best fit the bill? What will give me the strongest body high?

Also, as a side-note, what exactly do you guys mean when referring to euphoria? I always considered the coziness of my back and body to be the euphoria, but the second paragraph seems to be more contextual given it's definition.

Thanks Bluelight.

If you want to feel happy and inspired you probably want a more stimulating opiate/opioid. What comes to mind is oxycodone, hydrocodone, tianeptine and kratom. I wouldn't start off with oxymorphone or hydromorphone, those are way more addictive IMO.

If you want to feel happy and inspired you probably want a more stimulating opiate/opioid. What comes to mind is oxycodone, hydrocodone, tianeptine and kratom. I wouldn't start off with oxymorphone or hydromorphone, those are way more addictive IMO.

I've been using Kratom daily for a very long-time. I see it has a safe alternative to legitimate opiates. I can quit on a dime with zero adverse effects. I do get the occasional urge for a legitimate opiate, though.

I've been using Kratom daily for a very long-time. I see it has a safe alternative to legitimate opiates. I can quit on a dime with zero adverse effects. I do get the occasional urge for a legitimate opiate, though.

There's a lot of people trying to help you out but to me it seems like you have all the answers so, good luck.

Just out of curiosity, when is the last time you quit for a few days/a week? I ask because most people do get a physical wd when stopping Kratom. Obviously not in the ballpark of heroin or opana, but still an opiate wd as it hits opiate receptors?

To your original post, I'd say oxycodone but you said it wears off too fast. Maybe like 10 mg methadone? When I had no habit and took that I was high for like 18 hours, just felt good and energetic. ( obviously it has different effects when taken for maintenance or pain relief)
Or when opiate naive I liked taking oxy with a Tramadol. Gave the energy and sort of extended the oxy. Of course this doesn't work on seasoned users with a tolerance.

You're sort of in an odd category--not opiate naive due to the kratom, but not a serious habit. But i agree with an above poster--you want the speedier opiates probably, not something like morphine as that tends to sedate you. Wouldn't be good for working