• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Which one :phenibut or picamilon to potentiate xanax/increase gaba production

simonbelmont

Greenlighter
From what I have researched both are related to gaba. My gaba receptors are burnt up which will help me get more gaba. Does phenibut increase gaba levels or is it just an agonist in it's own right? I think picamilon would be the non addictive choice for increasing my gaba, am I right?

Phenibut is just Gaba that can cross the BBB, and as such, is pretty much an agonist, and can be addicting. Everyone here tends to use doses that are in the gram range, but I've found doses in the 250-750mg range aren't addicting at all, if taken short term. I wouldn't try it though, since your gaba receptors are burnt, and this would just lead to you becoming more burned out.

I am not familiar with picamilon, but am very familiar with Phenibut, and Phenibut will help you short term, hurt you long term

Phenibut is just Gaba that can cross the BBB, and as such, is pretty much an agonist, and can be addicting. Everyone here tends to use doses that are in the gram range, but I've found doses in the 250-750mg range aren't addicting at all, if taken short term. I wouldn't try it though, since your gaba receptors are burnt, and this would just lead to you becoming more burned out.

I am not familiar with picamilon, but am very familiar with Phenibut, and Phenibut will help you short term, hurt you long term

Yes I have read some things on erowid and I think I might like phenibut too much. I take xanax,temazepam kava kava powder, passionflower extract, gabapentin, alcohol, or anything that's a sedative like today I took a couple cyclobenzaprine. I got started on effexor ssri and the initial anxiety made me use up most of my pills too quick (happens often), so now I'm on less than half my normal dose (currently at 1.5mg daily instead of 4mg (xanax). I am looking for a supplement lilke 5htp is for seratonin and tyrosine is for dopamine. I figure if I can increase my gaba levels all my substances will work better.

I heard that picamilon wasn't that great by many people online if you just do a quick google/bluelight search about it. As far as phenibut to potentiate a benzo like alprazolam I would say it's not really worth it just b/c phenibut is weird in the way that it kicks in, in like waves, and a lot of people even say they "really feel it the next day after taking a dose" and what not and everyone reacts different to phenibut not to mention it acts on GABA(b) which is what alcohol acts on I believe? anyways from my experience I don't think phenibut + xanax won't make any real synergestic effects that you'll actually notice due to phenibuts long half life/time to kick in/GABA(b) and xanax(any benzo) acts upon GABA(a) and xanax has a SUPER SUPER short half life. It only last around 2-3 hours after taking it so yeah.. Your best bet is to just take a moderate dose of XanaX and have a couple beers and relax and save the phenibut for when you have no alprazolam (aka XANAX) left... ~word~ ;)

I've gotten zero out of picamillon, phenibut is very much psychoactive but also extremely habit forming IME. Using phenibut as a way to potentiate (synergy seems more appropriate) your benzos is a path to two addictions. I don't even want to imagine going through both GABAa and GABAb withdrawal at the same time, from experience either is more than enough 8(.

Have you gone through such a thing drewbocop? Could you please describe the withdrawal of it if it doesn't bring up too painful of memories?