• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Which Of These Is The Best Ritalin Manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tackyjan

Greenlighter
Hello All!

I have been getting Ritalin (20 mg) generics from my local CVS pharmacy for about 6 months now. I always get generics and, until yesterday, the brands were Sandoz and Novartis:

Methylphenidate20mgSandoz_zpsad7d311e.png

Methylphenidate20mgNovartis_zps72a4833c.png

Yesterday I was surprised to see when I picked up my prescription that the manufacturer was one that I haven't had before, MALLINCKRODT. I am pretty sure it's still a generic but it looks more "official" with the capital "M" imprinted on the pill. :)

Methylin20mgMALLINCKRODT_zps0efb3aa8.png

Maybe I am just imagining things but it seems like this particular brand works better than the others I have had! Hopefully that is true and this manufacture is better.

Does anyone have any experience with these brands? Particularly with MALLINCKRODT? Based on your experiences how do they compare?

Thank you,

Jan

P.S. I have had bariatric surgery (gastric sleeve) and now my stomach is like 20% the size that it used to be. :O Therefore, the effectiveness of any oral drugs that I take is significantly less due to reduced absorption. What my Doctor's usually do is just give me higher dosages to compensate. 20mg x 3 / day is the most my Dr. can give, however, I guess due to laws.

Is there anything I can take along with the Ritalin, that will help with either increase it's absorption or increase it's overall effectiveness (i.e. potentiatiors)?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I don't have personal experience, but I think because they contain same active ingredient, they have same effects.
Only the manufacturer different. But if I am wrong feel free to correct me.

knockout

We don't allow brand discussion. By law, generic medications must be equivalent or the manufacturers can be punished. And there is nothing short of a huge pile of anecdotal reports of "My doctor changed my generics from X to Y brand and now I don't think they work as well!". None of them ever pan out to actually show that the medication isn't there, or is underdosed, or whatever. It's simply 100% nocebo effect. People just don't like changes.

If you find a certain brand does not work as well as others, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. And keep in mind that people are easily fooled into believing all sorts of things... if you plant the idea that a medication isn't as effective as it should be, lots of people will act in accordance with that.

P.S. I have had bariatric surgery (gastric sleeve) and now my stomach is like 20% the size that it used to be. :O Therefore, the effectiveness of any oral drugs that I take is significantly less due to reduced absorption.

Most drugs are absorbed in the small intestines, not the stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.