• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Which light should i use?

Bruce111

Bluelighter
Hi Guys,

I am totally a newbie for this. I recently want to grow two plants in a small area. Right now, i want to choose a light that can take care of my plants with best price as my money is limited. Lol. Which light you guys use? ;)
One of my friends recommend me Mars Pro II 120 as he had a nice experience with this light. I researched a lot about it. It seems a good light. I also knew a lot of other brands but the price fear me away. I would like to hear more options. Thanks in advance. :D

Salutations Bruce111,

Which light should i use?

None if that's on a logging power network while local laws prohibit self-culltivation in a context of civil asset forfeiture.

Group analysis can find fantom/stolen electricity consumption and it's even easier to identify crystal-precision metronome 12/12 signatures anyway.

IMO sunlight is always on top among the options.

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif

HEy bud it would be easier to answer with info on the grow space and amount of plants you want to grow

CFl's always good for beginning stages

MH for growing stage
Hps for flowering stage

But threre are also some LEd that have all that in one but they just a bit pricier but i do believe to safe you on the alectrical bill

Salutations Bruce111,

None if that's on a logging power network while local laws prohibit self-culltivation in a context of civil asset forfeiture.

Group analysis can find fantom/stolen electricity consumption and it's even easier to identify crystal-precision metronome 12/12 signatures anyway.

IMO sunlight is always on top among the options.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Thanks for stopping by. mate.
Never hear of that light, lol. But i will check.
For the first grow, i want to try the low price light. That why i am interested in Mars-Hydro that I can afford. :)

if you are interested in DIY, building your own led system might be more cost effective, allthough I haven't done it myself.

egoszet, do you know anybody who actually was busted due to "Group analysis can find fantom/stolen electricity consumption and it's even easier to identify crystal-precision metronome 12/12 signatures anyway."?

I highly doubt that this is a concern for home growers producing their own supply. lacking suppression of smell (inadequate carbon filters and ventilation) is the much more likely culprit for having the police around.

Dear SadWeed,

...egoszet...
Kid, learn how to keep civilized please. Use my alias correctly or avoid insulting me with such childish games again. You will be reported next time with a direct reference to here.

In the meantime, on planet Itnoc:

https:// ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1117114/cannabis-marijuana-hydro-quebec-electricite-vol-compteurs-intelligents
SRC: Hydro-Quebec veut s'attaquer a la contrebande de cannabis (2016-Aug-13)

Le gouvernement du Quebec consacrera 10 millions de dollars par annee pour lutter contre la contrebande de cannabis, a l'image de ce qui se fait pour le tabac ou l'alcool.

En 2017, un projet pilote d'analyse des donnees tirees des compteurs intelligents dans la region des Laurentides a permis de reperer 101 sites de vols d'electricite, dont 37 etaient des serres de production de cannabis.

L'operation menee conjointement avec la Surete du Quebec a conduit ?al'arrestation de 47 personnes et a la saisie de 11 000 plants et 115 kg de drogue en vrac.

? Par l'analyse de groupe, on est capables de savoir qu'il y a quelque chose qui ne va pas dans la cellule. Pour nous, ca va etre a l'origine de la demarche pour faire des inspections ?​

Just checking: do you need to know French-speaking individuals personally simply to conceptualize that they actually exist the same as yourself?? Or similarily with "Group Analysis" before you ever heard of it? (from me i guess!!)... Or even forum trolls, for that matter!!

Allez hop sur ma collection [ IGNORE ]! En passant, fais-tu partie de celle-ci aussi, cher transfuge aux mille identites je presume - it's my "Anti-Fanclub" list on FuckCombustion (which actually forked as VaporAsylum...):

$unnyblaq
*plainlazy*
-dab8-
Abysmal Vapor
Adobewan
Amoreena
Anonymouse
Baron23
beware116
beyond6strings
biohacker
Buildozer
Bvapst
Caligula
Carlingalse
CentiZen
cityslang
ClearBlueLou
ConfusedVapeGuy
cybrguy
Dabooz
Dank_Star
deadheadbill
Detonator
dorkus_molorkus
Dutch-Mic
Dynalowrider
Dynavaper
edeetee
elmomuzz
Enchantre
Engineer
eusaebus
EveryDayAmnesiac
f2j
F@b
Ferrusbuelker
FLskwat
GR
GreenHopper
Gregori
grokit
harmudge
Helios
His_Highness
HMCS.AVENGER
janusportal
Jeppy
Jhonny
Jill NYC
JoeKickass
juschillin
just_the_flu
KeroZen
kurt6652
lazylathe
LesPlenty
LeTchen
Loto Labs
LumeKa
lwien
MedicinalMonkeyWrench
mephisto
MG23
Mr. Gweilo 420
Mr. Me2
MrMonss
msk123
New_World
Nicola
OF
P.A.M.
Pcpvapors
phattpiggie
PhotoRider
PoisonousHydra
Raf007
randybishop
rekrab
Ripley
RUDE BOY
rz
sadf
ShipDit
Shmoo
Skinto
Skunkport
SloJimFizz
Snappo
snew
Squiby
stardustsailor
stark1
steama
stickstones
StickyShisha
syrupy
t-dub
Tweek
V-apE
VapeAir 2000
vaporonly
Vapvap
vinylvap
virtualpurple
Vitolo
Wahiker
Whissmu
Winegums
withoutbliss
?k

Added just before the ban of 2018-Aug-4:

Hogni
GtrBob
Summer
almost there
mrb
Gigsabits53
primitiveorganic
Megaton
StringTheorista​

I'm ready to bet you've got quite a few mediocre siblings out there, can't wait for October 26 when FC's domain expires!...
tongue.gif

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif

maybe it could have occured to you that I misspelled your username by accident? jesus...

but put me on ignore for that, if you feel the need for it. ;)

still, even though my french is practically non existant, I believe that the article states that this in order to hinder commercial producers from stealing electricity or growing without license. I doubt that they will look for your usual 600W homegrower, but maybe someobe from Canada can fill me in if i am wrong.

Last edited:
Lol no offense to Egzoset but I don't understand french at all too, I'm actually Afrikaans but hey who cares lol. Tho I always wanted to learn French apparently the ladies love it. But with all that aside ( and also no insults intended ) from a lot of reading it seems ppl are also having great grows with COB setups so maybe OP should look into that tho I believe them to be a lot more expensive then even LED's

if you are interested in DIY, building your own led system might be more cost effective, allthough I haven't done it myself.

egoszet, do you know anybody who actually was busted due to "Group analysis can find fantom/stolen electricity consumption and it's even easier to identify crystal-precision metronome 12/12 signatures anyway."?

I highly doubt that this is a concern for home growers producing their own supply. lacking suppression of smell (inadequate carbon filters and ventilation) is the much more likely culprit for having the police around.

Lol, I have no ability to make a DIY light, mate. If i can, i will absolutely try that.

I learnt that the grow tent controlls the smell well? Luckily, i just want to grow 4 plants. So i think i can control my electricity bill well.

maybe it could have occured to you that I misspelled your username by accident? jesus...

but put me on ignore for that, if you feel the need for it. ;)

still, even though my french is practically non existant, I believe that the article states that this in order to hinder commercial producers from stealing electricity or growing without license. I doubt that they will look for your usual 600W homegrower, but maybe someobe from Canada can fill me in if i am wrong.

Lol. you are totally correct. I love Bruce Lee. So, you know.

I don't have license. But i believe there are a lot of mates also don't have. haha.

What precisely is that Egzoset?

It looks to me he made a simple error and you are not accepting his apology?

Why don't you just relax and try to get along;)

Thanks. man. It should be like what you said.

I stopped by the two similar brands. Viperspectra and Mars-Hydro.
Both brands come from china. Their price is almost the same. Looks like it is the same company.
So now, i have to consider more about the quality.

Salutations OpioidsOverAgain,

...I don't understand french at all too...

Google Translate is your friend and it's free. What i don't understand is when moderators support "social" decoys meant to obstruct a simple factual observation to the benefit of pure magic thinking reminescent of big fish stories - and i'm not even confident that's a 1st time...

M'well, congratulations for this victory, brushing off factual input only to please fanboys and installed trolls on the wall of shame!

BRAVO!! ...

After all the price shall be paid by some total stranger on a distant continent, e.g. a future potential concurrent right?...

No bother considering what's so unconceivable to some uneducated minds: all those time-coherent 12/12 transitions while switching significant electrical loads on-and-off still compares to a fly taping on the spider web until her host detects such familiar signature: then it's lunch time! ... With a difference though, spiders must deal with "noisy" signals coming from their environment while actually a "smart meter" connects directly, much like a lossless antenna, euh... So how hard do you imagine it is to extract timer signature that wasn't even burried under a noise floor?...

No wonder insults based on alias spelling shall appeal better to this sort of audience.

tongue.gif

I stopped by the two similar brands. Viperspectra and Mars-Hydro.
Both brands come from china. Their price is almost the same. Looks like it is the same company.
So now, i have to consider more about the quality.

I learnt that They both offer 3 years warranty. The Viperspectra said their 400W draw power light can replace 1000W HPS. But Mars-Hydro said 700W can replace 1000W HPS. I am very confused. Which one is correct?

Hey bud what is your grow area or area coverage and what height play do you have from the canopy of the plants?

hey bud, well as for distance from your plants try to keep it about 50 - 75cm for anything bigger then a 300w. But one thing to look out for is light bleaching, that way you will know if the light is too close. Also a 300w should cover a grow area of 2x2 very nicely anything bigger i would suggest a bigger or better LED grow light, like 450w+. But from what i read the mars II 700 will cover a area of 3.5x3.5 with no problem. Plus another thing if you only doing two plants is to do topping and then tying down the leaves to open up more space for the plant to absorb light.