Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: Wes Anderson film?

pick one!

• Bottle Rocket

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Rushmore

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • The Royal Tenenbaums

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • The Darjeeling Limited

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Fantastic Mr. Fox

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Moonrise Kingdom

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
I saw Bottle Rocket for the first time last night. I had seen the first 10 minutes before and I thought it was going to be a lighter film than it turned out to be. It was kind of like a comedy at some points, but was a bit heavy and more like a drama at other points. I enjoyed it, but The Royal Tenenbaums is still my favorite Wes Anderson film. It's actually one of my favorite films overall. All of his movies seem to have interesting/bizarre family dynamics, but I've only seen a few. Other than Bottle Rocket and Royal Tenenbaums I've only seen Life Aquatic and Rushmore.

After checking out this thread I'll definitely have to watch Darjeeling Limited. It's a movie I've meant to watch for a long time, but never got around to it. Was disappointed that I missed Moonrise Kingdom when it was in the theaters. Will have to wait a little while before I check that one out.

Darjeeling for sure. Royal Tenebaums close second. I have two sisters, and I could see our relationships in everything. Loved it.

I've never seen a Wes Anderson movie I haven't liked...I really can't say which one is my favorite. Tenenbaums, Rushmore, Life Aquatic, Mr. Fox....they're all just so damn good. I think Bottle Rocket might be my least favorite (still like it though), but I have no clue which I like most.

damnit i still haven't seen darjeeling. must ficks.

I just watched Moonrise Kingdom and I'm newly inspired to revisit all of these. Maybe I'll have a Wes Anderson week and get back to you with my opinion.

But I already voted The Royal Tenenbaums.

Edit: and my vote pushed it into the lead. go go go!

Darjeeling Limited. Adrien Brody's performance is my favorite out of all the Anderson movies.

After checking out this thread I'll definitely have to watch Darjeeling Limited

Actually watched the Darjeeling Limited after posting this message. Was definitely enjoyable, though Royal Tenenbaums still remains my favorite. I think I'd have to give this a second watch as I noticed in a lot of his movies that the humor is subtle and it's better when you already know the characters. I feel like I missed the meaning/importance of the peacock feather.

In Hotel Chevalier, the short before the movie, was that Natalie Portman's real ass? High brow dialogue here.

saw Moonrise Kingdom last night, and although I was drunk through most of it, I do know that I said, man, this is like the most wes anderson of all the wes anderson films. Darjeeling is still my favourite though.

man, this is like the most wes anderson of all the wes anderson films.

Haha, yeah that makes a lot of sense. It's like Wes Anderson was on a massive dose of himself and he decided to make a movie.

"Wes, I think you're too Wes to film..."

"Just roll the cameras, I'm cool, really"

Darjeeling Limited? I passed that one up. May have to revisit after all the praise given here.
They all seem rather hipster-ish and shallow to me, though. To be blunt. The one's I've seen, at least.
Soundtracks are top notch though. So...

And....there's certainly shittier movies out there.
Who did 'I <3 Huckabees'? Apparently not Wes Anderson.
That was gonna be my vote...

i heart huckabees was directed by david o wilson, who also did the fighter and silver linings playbook. he also wrote the screenplay for huckabees.

I haven't seen Moonrise Kingdom, but I love all of these films. Actually I didn't really care for The Life Aquatic tbh, but love the rest. It came down to the Tenenbaums and Darjeeling, but I ended up choosing the Royal Tenenbaums.

speaking up for Bottle Rocket. so soft. he'll never top his first. and he continues to make amazing movies.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what was so great about The Grand Budapest Hotel?

I was disappointed with it as I was with Moonrise Kingdom. I think I was expecting too much.

^do you like The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou? his films veered off since losing his original cowriter. which was fine by me. because wes anderson's filmography often edges on indistinguishable mush. anything to throw a wrench in that. but he jumped into another rut. needs another major change.

would be real interesting if he wrote another with owen.