• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which drug legal or illegal do you regret using the most?

Why is crack so bad and ghetto in North America but in most places pure cocaine is so high class

Hmm good question. I even think shooting coke is more glamorous than smoking. Probably just a bad stigma because it's so short lived and therefore "fiendy", and it's easy to do in public.

Im actually getting a ball of the shit today, and IIRC a governor in NA was caught smoking crack, so you're right to ask.

Wish I had a better answer.

Fentanyl which was what I started with(fake oxy 80s), also methadone because that 24/7 opioid action took me to a new level of dependence as I had only been using a few months with short acting opiates until then. Would have been a lot easier to stop or taper then.

There's a few contenders, but logically I think it has to be alcohol. That's where it all started for me (and probably a lot of people): discovering just how good a substance can make you feel and how effective it is for eliminating negative states of mind or anything at all you dislike about yourself, and at some point thereafter, developing the habit of controlling the way you feel though substances rather than life changes or other forms of self-improvemnt.

Once that transition is complete, stumbling into addiction to the *even nicer* hard drugs is just a matter of availability and lack of external restraint. In that sense, the "gateway drug" theory is somewhat understandable, but of course it applies in many more cases to alcohol than marijuana...

Cigarettes!!! Was able to quit for each of my pregnancies but once i was done nursing I started up again. It’s so bad for you and now so expensive and so so hard to quit !!!

A heroin user who doesn't like cigarettes. Can't say I've met many of those. You'd probably be the only second. :)
I usually take it as a given that if you use heroin you also smoke.
I also can't stand cigarettes.at all.
Yet I love opiates.

Weed. Honestly. Strangely.

Same here. Every time I've used has been extremely unpleasant. It does not agree with me at all.

Also most opiates are pretty bleurgh, and nicotine is some other kind of hell.

Exactly the same thing I went through, there's a trend here in Ontario called "poppers/batched bowls", all it is is tobacco and weed mixed in to a bowl and you rip it all in one hit through a bong. I realized I wasn't addicted to the weed but the tobacco, and the combination was one of the hardest things to kick.
That's the only way ppl smoke pot here in Australia and I find it gross.i always used a peace pipe with straight unmixed pot.i never had bad wd's like other ppl who smoked bongs with tobacco.it made a difference.

I also can't stand cigarettes.at all.
Yet I love opiates.

I figure you've gotta be a rare breed then. I've only met one. And a quick Google on the subject put the smoking rate among opioid addicts as high as +95%

I have never smoked, and love opiates as well🤷‍♂️
but for me it’s Alcohol, not a close second , when ever I have gotten in to trouble,alcohol has Always been driving the bus 🚌😩

Maybe it correlates to severity of addiction? Location? I dunno. The one non smoking heroin addict I knew certainly was no casual user. And the stats from people on opioid substitution seems enormously high.

Then again I suppose even at 95%-98%,that's still 1 in 20 to 1 in 50 who don't. Not exactly rare to the point of unheard of.

Yea smoking was always pretty disgusting for me (as an opiate addict) the taste just lingers for hours in my mouth otherwise maybe I would've picked it up. Two things I've always had good control over were alcohol and smokes, because I cant stand the taste of either, lucky me haha