• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Which drug caused you problems?

My synaesthesia is different, actually I just made a post about it in Neuroscience. Yours is very unique, I'd love to talk with you more about it. I play piano and I see sounds as colors. My dreams and days can also be personified with a tinge of aura specific to that situation. Its very odd really, a true mixing of the senses.
Will check out your post....

Speaking for myself, I mainly did this unconscious when I was new. I think blaming drugs for your issues, for my issues, was a wrong thing because I did it to lie myself. And I didn't got anything out of it, many thorns stung but I crossed the river. The water it's crystal purple now. I did it to regain my family back because at that time I was married to another women but you can guess what happend and also my daughter died. Now am all good, 3 kids. I had control over myself it was my suddenly shape-shifting wife who said some thing on purpose and the whole thing got me ''Wow''. I was shocked I swear on Lucifer'. Anyhow I think drugs don't link with actions, if you are a smart junkie and you know how to control yourself, how to act in that environment then nothing can go wrong. I think this is more linked to human psychology than drug related because you see while drugs can influence a person on a new basis isn't always that case, I think anyone who does this is trying to hide their consequences and vulnerability, they're trying to hide from reality, from the outside world and hide in their comfort zone. And by doing so, they blame drugs and that's one of the big reasons people think ''DRUGS'' it's a negative word. Overall, no, my actions were my actions, I choose not to tell'em because I don't wanna dig ''Shady'' again, I've accepted what it was as how it was and that's it.

Speaking for myself, I mainly did this unconscious when I was new. I think blaming drugs for your issues, for my issues, was a wrong thing because I did it to lie myself. And I didn't got anything out of it, many thorns stung but I crossed the river. The water it's crystal purple now. I did it to regain my family back because at that time I was married to another women but you can guess what happend and also my daughter died. Now am all good, 3 kids. I had control over myself it was my suddenly shape-shifting wife who said some thing on purpose and the whole thing got me ''Wow''. I was shocked I swear on Lucifer'. Anyhow I think drugs don't link with actions, if you are a smart junkie and you know how to control yourself, how to act in that environment then nothing can go wrong. I think this is more linked to human psychology than drug related because you see while drugs can influence a person on a new basis isn't always that case, I think anyone who does this is trying to hide their consequences and vulnerability, they're trying to hide from reality, from the outside world and hide in their comfort zone. And by doing so, they blame drugs and that's one of the big reasons people think ''DRUGS'' it's a negative word. Overall, no, my actions were my actions, I choose not to tell'em because I don't wanna dig ''Shady'' again, I've accepted what it was as how it was and that's it.
I agree that alcohol amd drugs are not intrinsically evil or bad. It depends on where the user's is at when they're using. And when life has been cruel to you, you'll fall in love with a drug that ordinarily wouldn't have meant shit to you.
It's pain management for some people. Other people, it's just fun.
There's one thing though: you cannot trust anyone who's an addict, including yourself. If you're am addict and operating with other addicts, you'd better remember to look out for numero uno, because none of your addict compatriots will help you. They'll rip you off if they can.

I agree that alcohol amd drugs are not intrinsically evil or bad. It depends on where the user's is at when they're using. And when life has been cruel to you, you'll fall in love with a drug that ordinarily wouldn't have meant shit to you.
There's one thing though: you cannot trust anyone who's an addict, including yourself. If you're am addict and operating with other addicts, you'd better remember to look out for numero uno, because none of your addict compatriots will help you. They'll rip you off if they can.

That also depends, I mean it's a universal craft you see it everywhere not only on addicts. You see it when people succeed in something and you feel a strong remorse towards'em, basically everything has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I never experienced this kind of thing, maybe if we were strangers but I think people who think this kind of stuff -- think more than necessary, over-thinkin it's bone' breakin.

Cocaine Causes me to Drink and Take Klonopin. I wreck cars when I do too much of that and wake up without a backwood.

That also depends, I mean it's a universal craft you see it everywhere not only on addicts. You see it when people succeed in something and you feel a strong remorse towards'em, basically everything has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I never experienced this kind of thing, maybe if we were strangers but I think people who think this kind of stuff -- think more than necessary, over-thinkin it's bone' breakin.
Well maybe I'm pessimistic because this week my own brother -the only person I thought I could trust - practically the only person I have full stop - ripped me off for $400 and (among other things) made it impossible for me to see my teenaged daughter this weekend for the first time since January. Don't even have money for food. If it wasn't for my daughter, I'd probably be thinking of ways to kill myself.

Yeah, you'll probably have to learn to trust a couple addicts a little bit, especially if you wanna get anything out of 12 steps or Bluelight recovery community 😄 Some are certainly worse than others though. Your brother sounds like quite the piece of work from what you've said so I could understand that feeling for sure.

Alcohol. Nearly ended my life because i couldnt control my drinking. Big time binge drunk. Super emotional and aggressive as i got older. Burned so many bridges, lost so much money.

Thanks be to whatever greater powers exist tho, im no longer on the sauce. 1 year clean last month.
Good for you! Been off the alcohol 1 1/2 years here also myself. I would probably not be here now if I kept it up. Keep fighting the good fight...

Good for you! Been off the alcohol 1 1/2 years here also myself. I would probably not be here now if I kept it up. Keep fighting the good fight...

Alcohol has given me a really hard time in the past as well. My body just doesn't agree with it. And I can reflexively drink way too much when I get anxious and it gets ugly. I don't really drink regularly, but am not exactly sober either. Although it's probably been a couple weeks since I drank. More of a binge drinker for sure.

I just know alcohol is one that I tend to avoid as much as possible. Have managed to pretty much replace it w/ kratom personally which has helped.

Benzos on my end, alcohol is my main thing, but once that was mixed in, it was a rough stretch of time for me.

Mild alcohol dependency, used to drink 4 cans at night before bed, fortunately somewhat have reduced that craving now thanks to psilocybin and ayahuasca. Being reclusive and socially anxious, I avoided going down the path of being addicted to traditional recreational street and party drugs, plus I hardly ever smoked (hate the smell and taste).

My main problem still is computer/internet addiction. I grew up in the late 70s to early 90s. Computers back then were starting to become affordable and mainstream plus a necessary tool in many places of work. I was instantly drawn to them as an 80s kid who was lost, depressed and suicidal. I could just sit for hours a day starting into another reality dissociating from this physical one. This addiction stunted my social and communication skills, I struggled at places of work and to have a network of friends, still to this day now as a 40 something. I've recently been diagnosed with ADHD.

To escape this addiction, I fantasize about going to some "hippy" type communal village in India (Ram Dass inspired) or elsewhere, learning to meditate and do yoga whilst sometimes connecting with psilocybin. In the last few weeks, I wonder if I should become a monk at a remote monastery. I would love to trip on psilocybin in a church actually. 🥰

Last edited:
Always the alcohol.
Too accessible, too socially acceptable, in Aus you’re treated like a leper if you don’t sink a few at a bbq and advertising, pubs and bottle shops on every fucking street corner.

Even with the best of intentions you’re constantly coming up against a brick wall.

I binge, make poor choices, alienate my loved ones, think I’m invincible and pick fights with everyone I encounter.

Disaster of a drug.

Everything in moderation. When they're available coke, psychedelics, K. But really I smoke weed and drink a lot of beer. I've never had a problem, but I have been put in jail and institutionalized. W/e it's all her fault.