• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Which drug caused you problems?

insanit_e

Bluelighter
Just for curiosities sake, I would be interested in knowing what particular drug or drugs it was for everybody that caused them problems. By problems I mean addictions, mental illnesses, injuries or diseases, anything. I am sure that many people had a particular drug of choice that really turned on them or caused problems. So what was it for you?

Yay! A reason to communicate! =D

Well, marijuana has caused me a few problems over the years, nothing major though. But it was my first drug and the one that turned me on to altered states in general, and thus I suppose it sparked a (probably) lifelong obsession with psychedelics. But that is hardly fair to marijuana.

Kratom is the one drug I've really had a lasting problem with. I've been using it for 4 years and most of the time I've been dosing daily and have been within the point of physical addiction. Just two weeks ago, though, I decided to stop taking it and used phenibut to help me withdraw, and to my delight it totally and completely removed the withdrawal. So I'm optimistic about that.

A few months ago, I was into a period of using AMT very frequently... I was pretty much abusing it and after one week of using it daily in ever-increasing dosages, I HAD to stop because I felt so horrible. I started getting brain zaps like with MDMA, and my emotions were everywhere (but mostly negative). I had incredibly vivid dreams that were indistinguishable from reality involving the end of the world. I ran out of AMT then and have not gotten more, and fortunately I seemed to regain my balance pretty quickly.

And then finally, in general, I have a too-healthy fascination with psychedelic states, and I trip at least once-weekly, more often throughout each weekend, and at times more.

My outlook on life, however, is extremely positive and I try to live each day in love and positivity. I go back and forth as to whether my fascination with psychedelics is a good or bad thing. Most of the time I feel it's good.

My current problem is with heroin, which has really been the only addiction problem I've ever had. Pretty simple problem--financially supporting my habit, avoiding legal trouble, lying to people who care about me. I'm currently in suboxone treatment, but I still just wish I could time-machine myself back to when it was OTC and bring back enough to last me .. forever. Seeing as that's about as likely as legalization/decriminalization/or Rx in the U.S. in my lifetime.

Then there was prescription Ritalin, which I was far from addicted to. I was hypersensitive to it, or perhaps I just did not find any benefits and only negative side-effects.. but I was always jumpy, irritable, shaky, anxious, cold but sweaty (clammy).. I begged my doctor to lower my dose until he said I should take it as necessary (at thirteen?)--to which I stopped taking it altogether. Upon reflection, I find it odd that he did not switch me back to Adderall with all the obvious discomfort Ritalin brought me. Marijuana made me more nervous and quiet for a good period of my life while using, and even after. An acid trip caused panic attacks and a disinterest in weed for years..

I especially wonder if I had never taken drugs, would I still have such strong lapses in memory (not just short term, long term as well), or be the more retired, shy person I am now, or sometimes have mild aphasiac moments? .. and I just dabbled compared to many here.

Opiates, stimulants, GBL/GHB & alcohol.:X

Possibly over utilising ( abusing ) psychedelics as well, although I like to try & kid myself about that one to this day.

I don't use G at all now, stimulants are used sporadically, but I would be wise to avoid them. :\

Alkyhol :! 8) Too much too often :(

Opiates I don't touch. :)

Psychedelics I have dramatically decreased my usage of. :\

I still have such strong lapses in memory (not just short term, long term as well)

Good point.

I found myself jobless, friendless, and homeless with the help of cocaine...

Lately it's been alcohol though. It got to the point where if I wasn't drinking I wasn't happy, and then where even if I was drinking, and I always was, I still wasn't happy. Yesterday though I made the decision to stop drinking. My dad isn't even 50 yet and is near death from alcoholism, and I've had friends my age die from alcohol, and I'm not even going to give myself the chance anymore to ruin my life with it.

mdma for yrs .

feeling worst every day but Saturday :)

going to *fuck off * soon.

happy drugging and quitting.

insanit_e said:
Just for curiosities sake, I would be interested in knowing what particular drug or drugs it was for everybody that caused them problems. By problems I mean addictions, mental illnesses, injuries or diseases, anything. I am sure that many people had a particular drug of choice that really turned on them or caused problems. So what was it for you?

Alcohol. Cost me a college education and who knows how many missed opportunities.

I'm presently trying to manage a 30-yr. (off and on) pot smoking habit, but I'd say the main damage in that case has been to my wallet.

op:

1) cocaine.
used heavily for 3 years, lost my friends, my job, my self-respect, fuc*ed a male friends to get it, fucked OVER and stole from friends to get it, wanted to die every single day.
put my life savings up my nose and it has taken me years to recover emotionally and financially (still haven't recovered socially). for me, every gram (and there were many) was a suicide attempt. i would wake up DISAPPOINTED that i didn't have a heart attack and go right out and pick up more.

2) weed.
laugh all you want - i have been smoking every day for 14 years, missing a day only when sick or traveling and unable to hook up. the money i've spent on this haunts me. the people i could be meeting instead of staying home getting high, the dreams i could have achieved if i could actually REMEMBER my 7 year post-secondary education - it all haunts me.

doesn't compare to many on here; my personal cross to bear.

i did my share of mdma and ketamine when barely/not even 18, but i had enough fucked up friends around to keep me sane ..

only when i gave all that up and embraced the mighty warmth of oxycontin [as a virtual opiate virgin] did i find the light i'd been looking for all along. purpose and profound addiction; so beautiful.

after that [3.5 years ago now ...] I was hooked. OCs were my drug of choice, but in the past I'd been able to control everything; from there on out I lost control of everything. If I could buy [or steal] some amphs or cash, I did it.
When I lost my stash I went psychotic; when I had a load of anything, I couldn't be bothered with life.
State and Federal transportation + lawbreaking, a needle or two a week .. all for a few hours of bliss at a time .. and i loved it all.

Eventually I burned out hard and then fled.
Ever since I've been almost exclusively addicted to alcohol [which makes me horribly depressed/unhealthy] and cannabis [which makes me profoundly unstable].

But I now live in the place that started the meth epidemic in the 48 states .. and it still burns hard here.
The people I deal with on a daily basis ... from their bodies to their lives, they're destroyed.

I'm still completely out of control, and generally doing bad ... but I could be much worse off.
But if something hard came back by my way, I know I'd not offer a bit of resistance .. I've never had the least bit of 'recovery' from my slightly younger days; i just made the 'right' decision of moving somewhere completely foreign.

Basically drugs in general.

*Weed makes me extremely anti-social and paranoid.

*I was addicted to meth for a few years but I havent really thought about it much lately, im not taking any chances though.

*Ive been drinking so much lately and im findig that its harder to quit after only a month or 2 of drinking that it was to quit after 2-3 years of meth abuse. Its kind of starting to scare me because there is some kind of alcoholic gene in my family.

Theres other drugs that I hate but those drugs have caused the most trouble.

the_ketaman said:
*Ive been drinking so much lately and im findig that its harder to quit after only a month or 2 of drinking that it was to quit after 2-3 years of meth abuse. Its kind of starting to scare me because there is some kind of alcoholic gene in my family.

Theres other drugs that I hate but those drugs have caused the most trouble.

Well the problem is that it's just so easy to get alcohol.

ecstasy.
quite a wondrous drug, brings people together, fills the room with love.
but it's not to be overdone. allow yourself at LEAST 2 weeks to rebuild serotonin.
something i didn't do. i knew you shouldn't take it often but i didn't really care. i was having so much fun.
it'd be like one day these people want ecstasy, the next day another group, the next day someone else, so i'd do it 3 days in a row (2nd day it works at half capacity, 3rd day it doesn't work at all) then do it all over again the next week (or less in some cases).
now i'm terribly depressed all the time and i really need to get some prozac to fix my chemical imbalance. i know the way i am is due to serotonin (or a lack thereof, rather) so weed is my savior.
having a gf worked real nicely, she made me sane, but these days i'm all alone, my gf's not allowed to see me, my friends all disowned me because i stole my homie's gf, so i smoke weed every day to keep from killing myself. if i become completely sober i surely will.
i've also got a small supply of robitussin here. the dxm's serotonin enhancing effects make me feel normal.
i was prescribed seroquel for insomnia and bipolar/depression. unfortunately once i turned 18 i lost my state funding. no job, no life in general, no motivation to move forward... (what's the point in doing anything when you're gonna kill yourself anyway)
i know prozac would fix me and make me want to live again but i need medi-cal so they'll pay for the rapist's sessions and the meds i require. that becomes a problem with bureaucracy as i must bring all the required papers to the office, take a number, sit for a long time, etc. etc. and i lack the motivation to be alive much less take care of that shit.
although i'm extremely tired of having to pay to be sane while everyone else gets their sanity for free. and even though weed keeps me alive, makes me able to enjoy the little things like t.v. and video games, it doesn't actually fix the depression, just puts a stop to the persistent thoughts...
sorry to rant like that, i just needed to explain my situation to anyone who'd listen. the bottom line is ecstasy rules, don't do too much.

Even as a junky I didn't have as many problems as Alcohol has caused me. Maybe it was because I didn't have as much to lose! lmao

POTHEDD; Tell someone who is close to you and in a position to help. Sometimes all it takes is having someone make sure you get your paperwork in and go to your appointments. I have soooo been there.

For me it's alcohol and heroin/opiates.

I've seen meth FUCK people up for real. From good middle class white collar workers with mortgages and car payments to shopping cart pushing thieving tweeking scum. That shit is evil.