• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos which benzo is the highest risk for addiction/ safest benzo

It really depends but I would have to say Midazolam if we are not limited to the ones that are easy to access or limited to oral ROA.

IV midazolam provides an amazing rush....AMAZING!!! That is as long as u get the dose right...too much and you start to feel the rush and next thing you know its a few hours later and you are in the same position you were when you pulled the needle out(that is if you even got it out!) and you have no idea what just happened. On the other hand if u can find the right dose you get to enjoy the amazing rush...chill for a while and then get an overwhelming urge to feel that rush again. Personally I found this out the hard way. I went through roughly 1500 15mg midazolam pills in about 2 to 3 months. My dose started at about 3.25 to 7.5mg and escalated to 60mg per shot in about 2 months. Crazy fucking times. I really do not know how I lived and didn't destroy anything beyond repair.

Now if we are just talking the common benzos using standard ROA I would have to go with xanax. It comes on very quickly and makes you feel great like you can do and face anything pluss it gives one the perception that they are acting completely normal even thought they are falling all over themselfs and can't even complete a cohearent conversation. With xanax you can find youself increasing your dose to crazy amounts in just a few days weeks. I went from 1mg once or twice a day to 4 or 5 2mg bars over a couple of months.

In the end though almost any benzo especially ones that kick in quickly can get you deep in trouble before you even notice it...especially if one has a huge supply.

xanax is by far the most addicting i would say. personally i hate benzos, but i have a lot of friends who do that shit everyday. id say the least addicting benzos are like atovans and lorazepams because they are slower acting and more mellow, while xanax and k-pins ppl get all hyped up on em.

This is a subjective question.

All benzos are addictive when taken on a regular basis. Some benzos build tolerance faster than others such as nitrazepam, lorazepam.

Whatever benzo that is the most prevalent/popular in your area, expect to get hooked on it if you plan on taking these for recreation.

Don't self medicate unless you have a medical need/prescription.

alprazolam is probably the most addictive

best working for me is diazepam, soft and clean background buzz

I'll just go ahead and get this one outta the way.

Phenazepam - The most unsafe benzo?

Probably. Stay away. If you like benzo's you'll probably end up in a week long blackout on this one.

I don't know if there is a "safe" benzo at this point, since all I manage to get prescribed to me is either alprazolam or lorazepam...both are fiendish with WAY too short of a half-life, and even after experiences with clonazepam and diazepam (midazolam only in a medical setting so I don't count it), alprazolam still has a special place in my heart. Awesome at reducing anxiety, and also awesome at getting someone addicted to benzos when it's first prescribed to someone who has no pharmacological knowledge, grrr. (Clearly, well before my BLer days)

Although benzo's with a short half-life have a greater degree of addiction,

It seems like benzo's with a ridiculous long half life (phenazepam) pose the greatest SHORT-TERM risk, IE. losing your job, blacking out waking up in jail/hospital, falling off a cliff... etc.. (all 3 have happened to me on phenazepam, and I haven't even used it that much)

Temaz and xanax are by far the most addictive

Least addictive/recreational are Halcion and Librium

Real valium ie not from the black market is a close second to xanax and temazepam imo
Anyhow which ever you choose you are playing with fire

Most of the info here is on the dot. Temazepam was the only benzo I dosed more and more and more in the same session and took every single night, after spending the entire day just thinking about and waiting for dosing. The only benzo I never really messed around with was Ativan, which is rather strange since I have abused everything else I ever had including the longer-acting benzos. Everyone is different.

i am interested to see if anyone has any information on which benzos are more likely to lead to habit forming behavior and which may be less potent?/ likley to lead you addiction +eventual abuse

As a general rule, benzos with shorter half-lives (and no or short-acting active metabolites) tend to cause addiction more quickly than ones with longer elimination half-lives and active metabolites. As such, drugs like alprazolam, midazolam, triazolam, and lorazepam will be more likely to be habit-forming, and addiction will develop quicker.

However, that's obviously not the whole story, cause there are a million variables governing which one is gonna get you the most addicted. The guy taking nitrazepam, which has a long half-life, every night to fall asleep may find himself more addicted than the guy that takes Xanax when he's having a panic attack, which is not every day.

So on the whole, short-acting, crackish-fiendish quick dopey benzos are more addictive, and people are also more likely to get addicted to benzos they particularly enjoy for their effects (so watch out with shit that the general public seems to think is amazing). Habits of use also play a big part, though, and a strong chemical addiction can develop to a daily routine of even lowish-dose benzo doses for maintenance.

Purery recreationally: the short-acting one which you like the most will get you the most horrible addiction you could imagine.

I'd say alprazolam(Xanax) or flunitrazepam(Rohypnol) are the most addictive. They kick in fast and hard.

Alot of people in my area used to use Rohypnol, but they started cracking down on it so clonazepam kind of replaced(Both pills say "R2"). IMHO clonazepam is VASTlY inferior benzo with little euphoria, but they are strong and many people get really hooked on it. I've heard of doses as high as 40mgs a day of either one.

As for the safest benzo, researchs show that oxazepam is one of the least toxic/abusable. It enters the brain slowly, reducing side effects, but is still a benzo and is still potentially addictive.

Well firstly do you mean dependence or addiction as it's definition dictates?

Do you mean abuse? Or simply an intolerable few weeks of getting your brain waves back to normal after you've tapered successfully?

I assume you mean addiction, and I'd have to echo that the shortest half life = the worst 'addictive' behaviour (even though I hate that fucking term). Impulsive actions to redose when it isn't required, flunitrazepam (rophynol) would win hands down.

More popularly, xanax would be the no. 1 contender, in my opinion. YMMV.

Actually, the highest risk benzos are probably midazolam and triazolam. I'm certain of midazolam and almost a hundred percent sure that triazolam comes as a water-soluble tartrate, so you can shoot Halcion as well as Dormicum/Versed as far as I know. That alone adds a whole new level of addiction potential (although then again, some truly clever people shoot up temazepam and whatnot).

Oxazepam is surely one of the least risky ones; in a way it can seem even more "fiendish" than other benzos in that by taking forever (2-4 hours) to reach significant effects, you may be tempted to take more before the first one even starts working, but they're super mild, have a short half life, and the time it takes for them to come up pretty much means you need to gobble a handful at once to get much out of them. At higher, noticeable doses there is some anxiolysis and it is hypnotic, though not very sedative. I never have any urge to take oxazepam recreationally at all - something I still have with most benzos, despite having learned not to abuse them too much anymore.

Last edited:
no safe benzos

you take just one too many

you wake up 4 days later with the whole bottle gone

your ass hurts

car is parked in the living room

and your on the news for robbing a pet store of all its ferrets

and you dont remember shit

Isn't clonazepam the one of the view benzos that effects GABA A and B? I would imagine that could make it maybey more difficult to detox from, but at the same time due to its long half life it's easier to taper with too.

I would have to agree with thevines2, there is ultimately no safe benzo, but some are less psychologically addicting than others.

I've read that nitrazepam, temazepam & lorazepam are the most toxic of the benzos, & oxazepam the least. I can believe that, i've tried em all & ox is smooth as a nineteen year olds nipple. Comes on slow. I find 60mg feels like 20 of valium only cleaner & more clear headed.

Ativan blows. Took 5 mg and didn't feel shit. Waste of a benzo of you are using it for recreational purposes. Xanax and Klonpin are great. I do agree that the 10mg Valium is too weak as I had to take more benzos to feel it. Once combined with a mg of Xanax, the best benzo hi I have ever had.

I'm on 2 mg right now and I'm feeling pretty damn good.

Really? I don't like lorazepam too much, it feels kind of like zolpidem to me. Too "hypnotic" for my taste.