Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Where would you run to?

Izel

Bluelighter
When life gets us down, relationships collapse or good times end many of us feel like escaping ... Running off to a distant place, chartering a boat or locking ourselves inside and refusing to come out.

If you could go anywhere, do anything, be anyone .. what would you do?

A deserted island would suit me just fine.

Also, how do you deal with it in reality?

Tokyo...something about such a big crazy city that just allows you to get lost inside of it!
:)
everyday reality when not in said destination probably beerland!
8)

I'm at that distant place and it isn't all that its cracked up to be!

where would I run to from here??
I think I would like to live on the Canary Islands forever and ever and ever :)

ahhhh....it takes time with dear Tokyo but once it's there there's nowhere else!
:)
islands sound like a good thing to save up for!
;)

Northern New South Wales.

I keep meaning to go visit and never get around to it, so that would be the perfect oppurtunity. I would get a van and just live like a bum for 6 months.

hahah what is it about tropical islands?

i would go there too!!

in reality .... i run home to my family and i always feel better for it

I reckon Pop Popavich's place is where I'd go to escape reality %)

OhSoBec said:
Northern New South Wales.

I keep meaning to go visit and never get around to it, so that would be the perfect oppurtunity. I would get a van and just live like a bum for 6 months.

there's some crazy beautiful places up here, especially if you stay away from the popular places.

if i wanted to escape, i'd go bush.

Where would I run to?

I'd run to paradise

*air guitar*

=D 8)

^i've been to paradise, but i've never been to me ;)

i'd run to Bagara in QLD, a lazy beach town just outside of bundaberg. my grandparents lived there for years so I know it like the back of my hand, but as my grandparents left a couple of years ago, no one there would know me now so i'd have complete anonymity.

An island would do me nicely too, but I'd like there to be a resort of some kind - no living off coconuts for me. I want endless margaritas and duty-free shopping. =D

Failing that solution (which occurs, oooh 100% of the time), I generally deal with disappointments in real life by crying uncontrollably and blurting it all out to my fiance. After I'm all cried out, or he's sick of repeating "you'll be okay" ad nauseum - whichever comes first - I'll lie disconsolately on my bed and think morose thoughts, or write them in my journal.

Then, I usually snap out of it and think solutions. That's the general cycle of things for me. The worse the situation, the longer I'll stay paralysed by self-pity; but I always rally around eventually.

if the world is getting a little too close for comfort I tend to disappear for a few days interstate by finding someone i can stay with for a few days; i pack a tiny bag and leave as quickly as possible. in those few days of roughly only one or two people knowing vaguely where i am, the junk in my head tends to sort itself out and by the time i'm heading back home, the solution is in my hands.

Melbourne. I am here for work at the moment and it's made me realise how much I miss it.

So much so, that I am currently looking for houses with the view to move back.

Running from your problems, is sometimes never the solution…

I have done it, and when you have no one around you that you know it makes it twice as hard...

Id go somewere interstate, where id know the country, lifestyle and might know one or two people....

astrosmurf said:
if i wanted to escape, i'd go bush.
Yep me too. Nothing is more calming or more relaxing to me than being in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by bushland with no-one around.

In reality, I just stay the hell away from people and give myself time to line up my issues in my head, then execute them one by one, firing squad style.

This doesn't need to be anywhere special, just as long as I have my own personal space and time, then I wean myself back onto interacting with people as I get closer to having everything sorted.

I'd go to the Central Highlands of Tasmania.

My parentals have a place there which I visited while over there at New years. I'd fish, drink, smoke and relax until my worries had passed.

Seeing that it's only been a couple of months since I was there, I doubt I'll be back for a year or two. The more time in the city I spend, the more I appreciate the tranquility.

i actually go to an ex's of mine, we have been mates 4 15yrs or more and never had an argument went out for a little bit in yr 8 knew we had to just be friends and left it at that til a bit later then we hooked up again and things happened, although we dont spend as much time as we possibly should together we both no if any thing goes wrong in life then we can count on each other to help us thru it.
she actually asked me to get rid of her ex a cpl of yrs ago and if she hadnt changed her mind it would've happened...
so thats where i would go, is straight to her house i know she makes my life whole again...
b4 any one asks yes we have slept with each other a fair few times but now that she is married we agreed on teh day, b4 teh ceremony, that we couldnt do anything anymore.

I'd head for the bahama's.... nothing like warm tropical weather to cleanse the soul....

I dunno about the original question, but if I murdered someone and wanted to shoot through, I'd definitely go to Geelong. It's big enough so that you wouldn't neccesarily be noticed as a new person, but it's also small enough so that everyone else ignores it for the most part. It would have to be the least mentioned town for its size. It's just kind of a nothing place.
Yep, if I was looking for somewhere to lay low I'd choose Geelong.