Where is the place to discuss drug policy?

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member
Lately I've been getting more involved in political activism with regards to the drug war. I work with some groups local to me but it would be nice to talk to BLers about different strategies and tactics to implement policy change. Not just our standard rants about how it's unjust and racist but more like what are the tangible strategies we can implement to dismantle this gigantic and monstrously complicated legislation.

I'm not really sure if there's a forum that this would be best suited for...

Probably the current events politics and science subforum. I'd say it's probably the closest fit for discussing drug politics.

There isn't a perfect fit that I know of, but ceps would probably be closest. I used to moderate ceps and I for one wouldn't have moved a thread about drug political activism had one shown up there.

Probably the current events politics and science subforum. I'd say it's probably the closest fit for discussing drug politics.

There isn't a perfect fit that I know of, but ceps would probably be closest. I used to moderate ceps and I for one wouldn't have moved a thread about drug political activism had one shown up there.
Ok that's sort of what I figured. Threads just seem to devolve into partisan nonsense rather quickly there lol so i was just seeing if there was perhaps a more focused area

Ok that's sort of what I figured. Threads just seem to devolve into partisan nonsense rather quickly there lol so i was just seeing if there was perhaps a more focused area

Yeah I get that.

Another option perhaps is you could start a thread, see who responds that you consider like minded or at least civil. And then if the extremists come in and wreck everything as extremists are wont to do, you could start a private conversation with all the people you think are a good fit.

A multi person private conversation functions very much like a thread. Only you can control who can participate.

I dunno, just a thought.

Yeah I get that.

Another option perhaps is you could start a thread, see who responds that you consider like minded or at least civil. And then if the extremists come in and wreck everything as extremists are wont to do, you could start a private conversation with all the people you think are a good fit.

A multi person private conversation functions very much like a thread. Only you can control who can participate.

I dunno, just a thought.
Ooh yeah that's a great idea, never thought of that. Thanks for the help, truly

Ooh yeah that's a great idea, never thought of that. Thanks for the help, truly

I'd request it not be a PM, but rather a public thread - for one to keep an open door for others who are interested, and secondly to provide a reference for others who may have a similar idea in the future. To that end, I think there was one awhile ago in CEPS. I'll see if I can find it and bump it back up.

I'd request it not be a PM, but rather a public thread - for one to keep an open door for others who are interested, and secondly to provide a reference for others who may have a similar idea in the future. To that end, I think there was one awhile ago in CEPS. I'll see if I can find it and bump it back up.
Got it that makes a lot of sense, I started another up last night so we can always start fresh with that too. But ofc there's nothing wrong with the old one.

It has traditionally been Drug Culture, whereas CEPS is for non-drug political discussion.