• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

where do you see yourself living the rest of your life?

nope drinky_mcbeer it sure isnt. its not a part of Earth either.

I'm the type of person who feels uneasy making plans for anything more than 2 days in advance, because i am unsure of what my situation will be at the time.

Based on this, i have no idea where i will end up in the next 10 years. I'd be more than willing to re-locate for work etc (or at least give it a chance). But after a month in the UK i did realize that life in Perth is actually pretty damn good. I dont think I could cope living in the asiatic region realistically. So i'd say more than likely i would spend my life in perth, northern ireland, england, canada or somewhere in america.

But i really havent thought enough about it, i'm pretty happy where i am.

I've travelled to quite a few countries. Many have what may be called deep cultural roots, but I wouldn't neccessarily say that it is therefore more interesting, or with anymore opportunities that we have here.

Australia has so many different cultures within it, which are what makes us a nation. I can see the view that other countries have A culture, which therefore tends to be deeper. The lack of diversity that many of these countries have due to their individual, deep culture IMHO often insights arrogance in the people (france!)

Don't get me wrong- I love european art, architecture, Asian cooking, markets and temples. I love to travel, but I would always choose cultural diversity over what I classify to be deep culture.

Here I can get German beer (Lowenbrau @ the rocks), greek gyros (Steki's Taverna in Newtown), Proper Italian Pizza (Michaelangelo's @Carlingford) all 100% authentic and within a 30 minute drive ;)

Australia is definately where my heart is, where I will raise children, and where I will grow old.

Travel- it'll make you appreciate australia more =D
[I'm such a homebody!]

Last edited:
^^^ art is the thing for me - europe has such an immense history of art, architecture and philosophy that it really appeals. in the same sense, new york's amalgamation of modern artistry is what i'd love to be in the middle of too :)

I am off to europe as so as it is possible. I love this country but there simply isnt enough work in my field here. Plus I want to see everything the world has to offer. I cant imagion I will ever stop travelling, though if I get tired of it I guess I'll be back here.

I want to live in Asia and Europe and Travel to South America.

I think I would like to settle in France

My parents have always loved to travel so I have been fortunate to have already visited many countires in my 21 years. I absolutely cannot wait to travel on my own.. plan is to leave next March.

I hope to live in many different countries throughout my life. I would love to live in South-East Asia for quite awhile if possible. I also plan to live and work in London for as long as i'm able to stand the freezing weather.

I think that when it comes down to it, Australia will be the country I will spend most of my life in, but I am open to anything that comes my way & you never know what the future brings.

i haven't ben lucky enough to go O/S yet since i came to australia and only just left nsw for the first time to go to earthcore last year so i don't really know of many places that i might like to live in. I do have a really good feeling about melbourne though and i don't know why because i havn't even visited the actual city or anything (just been to three festivals in the bush near there) but i think melbourne just has good vibes coming from it from all sorts of angles :)

I haven't travelled too much but i think i will still be here when i am old and grey. The weather's nice, you still feel comparibly safe walking the streets to other parts of the world and it's a nice place to bring up a family, when i have one.

Travel will have to be done though one day, but to coin a phrase "i still call Australia home"

If you'd asked this question a year or so ago, my answer would have been Melbourne, and more specifically Collingwood or Fitzroy.

Now that I've moved away from the place I grew up though...to be honest, I don't know where I'll be in 10 years or 20 years or even 2 years to be honest, and I love that idea. I love the idea that my future is going to be a massive surprise to me, it gives me lots to look forward to. :)

Originally posted by BREAKaBEAT
I think I would like to settle in France

*proposes to breakabeat*

I'm 24, and have overseas travel plans next year. I have no idea what will happen - am starting im Manchester and have Right Of Abode in Britain. I think I'll be to and from Europe for the next few years.

After that, I'd like to come back to Australia - Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane appeal to me greatly. My heart will always be in Melbourne but I want to spend a substantial time in Perth - the weather is lovely, its a relaxed and beautiful city, with such an outdoorsy vibe.

So, I really don't know. Completely satisfied with Melbourne right now, but who knows where life is going to take me?!

I moved out of home when i finished high school and came to live in Sydney by myself .. at the time I had envisioned wearing a suit and working for Maquarie Bank or something, but now that ideal couldn't be further from my heart. I consider myself highly independant and despise the feeling of routine and familiarity .. living in the same place for too long really gets me down and I start to dig myself into a rut (for example when i first came to sydney i'd quit smoking pot and using most other drugs, but now as I've become more familiar with my surrounds, I've slipped back into old routines .. something which i sorta came to sydney to get away from .. sorta).

Anyway back on topic, at the end of the year I'm going to go and travel .. destinations i'm most looking forward to are spain, holland and thailand .. hypothetically I can see myself consequently moving permanantly to one of these places, but first I better start learning some other languages. Most likely my next place of permanent residence will be Melbourne (in the next few years) and then anything that is overseas, probably south-america, south-east asia (anywhere but london). Eventually I want to retire and live on a property though (I don't care where) .. I really want to be able to wake up in the morning and take a piss off my front verandah without a care in the world.

Where do I see myself living for the rest of my life? With my parents. :p Then my parents and kids 8o. Then my kids! Moochy moochy! =D

That's to say I live in a three generation house and I'll probably be stuck here a while. I don't see myself living anywhere but Sydney though.

I really guess this depends on how long I live...

shals :D

I see myself holding a big interest with mans connection with psychoactives and neuropharmacology.
I love reading about how the brain works, wish i'd kept biology, but anyway maybe nerdy to have such a huge interest in the brain in year 12.
but i'm happy i got a plan, i'm happy and i see myself travelling various parts of the world and indulging in their culture's.
One concept that seemed to stick in my mind from when i was young was that "if you die, only knowing one language, you havn't lived a fulfilling life" while i disagree and think thats bs i still wouldn't mind travelling and becoming a part of a culture other than my own.
Philosophy is very fun, wether through meditation, drug induced meditation, or personal experience.
mmm Australian social.. The fun place to talk crap.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D