• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Where are you in life and are you there for the right reasons?

preacha said:

i know, it's a graphic scenario, but i'm just saying that there are always external factors that can't change.

as dq said, its this community, im pretty sure there arent many kids getting their legs blown off that are in the higher social classes of iraq, ie the kids that would have access to the net.....

Interesting thread

I often wonder why I'm in this community/scene, whether it's for good reasons or bad. I think it's for good reasons, but will I think so in 20 years when I look back at it?

I'm pretty happy at the stage I'm at right now. I have a full time job, which while I don't love it, I don't despise it. I'm doing my masters, which I'm not entirely sure if going to lead anywhere, but at least there is always that possibility. I have a great boyfriend who I love, and we're moving out together soon. I have some great friends, who are very special.

There's a lot of stuff that I would also love to change about myself, but I'm not entirely sure how. And while the Iraqui child scenario may have been graphic, I think it did raise a very good point. But then you could also say that while there may have been external factors which are pretty fucked, it's all in the way you percieve things and use them to try to better yourself...

I dunno, I suppose you do just have to try to change what you don't like, and accepting that which you can't change. There's always that problem though, where what if you're accepting some of the stuff that you shouldn't be? (Hitler probably thought that he was a wonderfull person, and didn't need to change anything).

Often the difficulty is knowing what you want to do though.

Btw, Punch E Punch: I'm pretty much exactly the same. Figured I'd do sociology, psych and philosphy because I enjoyed them. I'm not sure if they're gonna get me a job, but I suppose as long as Im doing something that I love, it's probably better than doing something which I don't like. I also was at the stage where I had to get a full time job, due to external factors. But it's not too bad. I feel better about myself now that I don't have that hanging over my head, and I now have some experience rather than just 6 years at a Supermarket.

I wonder how we'll look back at this stage of our lives when we're older...

eze, easier said then done.
at the moment, I work for far less then I'm worth, the girls I end up with always end up hurting me, and at the moment I'm single cause I don't really want to go through it again for a while.
I live at home cause I can't really afford to live in the valley where I want to be.
I have a handful friends who I really believe are genuine, the rest I know use me for knowledge/expertise.
unfortuantly, i can't really change anything, besides move to melbourne and start again.

I'm lost, I don't really care, it's my own fault.

I don't want to find my way, I deserve to be where I am.

Lost.

I'm lost in my own memories, lost in my thoughts, lost in my friends, lost in work, lost in school, lost in my writings.

I'm lost, and I love it.

eze451 said:
as dq said, its this community, im pretty sure there arent many kids getting their legs blown off that are in the higher social classes of iraq, ie the kids that would have access to the net.....

so if you are insinuating that internet access dictates whether you have the ability to change your life, i'm just going to hit my head a couple of times with a blunt object and save myself the trouble of killing another thread.

*sigh*

is the sole reason for your existance to pick fights...... i mean really, whats the point?

did i say internet access enables you to change your life?? NO

wat i did say, is that ppl who have access to internet are likely to also have the ability to change their life, because if u have the internet, its reasonable to assume that your standard of living is fairly decent

how many homeless ppl or iraqi refugees do u know that have the internet???

not many i bet

it was used as an example, if you read my post closer
all i said that not everyone has the ability to change their lives

why does everyone take things so literally?
more importantly, why do i bother having an opinion in this forum?

^ Because some people respect it [I'm not one of them but I'm sure there's someone out there who does. Kidding. <3]

Originally posted by ButrosButros_Grantos
I'm lost, I don't really care, it's my own fault.

I don't want to find my way, I deserve to be where I am.

Lost.

I'm lost in my own memories, lost in my thoughts, lost in my friends, lost in work, lost in school, lost in my writings.

I'm lost, and I love it.

Oh boy. He just described my life [but I don't always love it ;)]

I was so happy with my life 12 months back.....

Good house, nice Bike and car. Lovely, dirty & sweet girl to come home to, nice body, with the help of some juice, rec use of E in moderation and nice pay @ a job where I sit on my arse.........................then shit hapened

lost my girl (and her daughter)
evicted now in a rented ol place
changed job and earn $60% less
huge debts and no car OR bike
Poppy died

All things being equal I think a good turn of the tables is due. Karma, I think it'll come back and make me smile.

The most Ironic thing is, my old an said to me, Winsom, just when you think your happy, and life can't give you any more, you will realise that you are just a man, and here for a short time, and all that matters is if the person you love, loves you.

Maybe I just thought about this SO hard, it came true ?

keep smiling
Winsom :)

well i guess if you Winsom, you Losesom
AHAHAHAHHAHAA
IM FUCKING HILARIOUS

LOL - I like your sense of humour preacha. Infact was my reasoning for my handle :)

preacha said:
it was used as an example, if you read my post closer
all i said that not everyone has the ability to change their lives

why does everyone take things so literally?
more importantly, why do i bother having an opinion in this forum?

my fault..... i often have trouble reading ppls real meanings on the net....