• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Where are you in life and are you there for the right reasons?

Killing_time

Bluelighter
Just last night I was sitting with friends at the local and one of my friends began discussing his ex.
After much discussion it became apparent that this friend of mine had broken up with his girlfriend because raving had become central to his life and she did not agree his new found passion.
After listening to him go through the PROs of ravin' and the CONS of partners I realised, and as such confronted him with the question WITHOUT DRUGS, WOULD YOU STILL GO TO RAVES.
A serious question in any respect, I realised that despite his drunken attempts to assure me he would ALWAYS be part of the scene he loves, the moment his love affair with MDMA ended I realised so would his love of raving.
After this occurs, how will he find himself?
All his current resources are going toward an activity he enjoys for the wrong reasons (IMO) and, as such, the future with respect to the one he loves is no longer existant.
:\
After thinking about this a little I began thinking about the 'stage' of my life I was in and how I had gotten there.
I realised I was currently sitting on my arse, following a mid-semester deferall for personal reasons, and would more than likely do so until the beginning of next semester (8 weeks or so away).
Why was I currently in such a period of intermission I asked?
I began thinking of activities I was currently participation, namely consuming a moderate amount of drugs on a regular basis, and realised this limbo in which I have currently been engulfed was due my own selfish need to absorb all I could within this period.
Am I somehow neglecting the right choices, such as earning extra money and such, by simply taking time off?
Will I continue to relax until I somehow find myself working as a check-out dude at the age of 40, and reflect on those 'wrong' decisions I made in the past?
I think not... and have made efforts to make sure this does not happen... BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU?
What 'stage' are you currently in in your life?
Did you plan on being where you are or are you merely riding the wave that is life?
Are there any decisions you have made that you regret, maybe a lover lost or job opportunity missed?
Tell them to me my sweet kittens.. FLY!
Ummm, yeah.
=D
PEACE

I am here in my life to be happy - at the moment I am studying.

I dont what is right I dont know where to be (location or destination ) and I have NFI what it is I am meant to be doing. Study was meant to bring direction - but all it has done has displaced me.

I am neither here nor there. I belong only in my mind and that place is full of darkness - I see no point anymore. Philosophy has helped curb my once positive attitude towards the reason for living. Essentially there isnt one, but you have to create it as you go along. I am coming along yet still dont see it.

I'm still studying and trying to get a degree. It seems to be taking forever but as a single mum for the last six years "life" just kinda got in teh way of my education. I'll get there in the end though and i'm learning things as i go which is what it's all about. The destination isn't important, it's the journey that counts ;)

Ex lovers and past experiences are all a part of what makes you who you are and determines your thought processes and what not. I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason so no i don't have any regrets at all.

I can see a lot of people making some comment about studying and how it's meant to help them figure out what they want to do with their lives etc etc. IMHO studying makes you more unsure of your plans and what not. I studied and graduated with the plan of getting a FT job and getting some money and assets behind me. I couldn't get a job with my degree, so essentially I am no closer to my goal of money and assets and in fact am further from it now after study (25k HECS debt hooray).

Currently I am again studying once again to try and get a FT job to get money and assets. I'm only 23 but feel like I have and am, wasting my life. This is definitely not where I planned on being and not where I want to be.

Having my time over, I would not have chosen the degree I did, but probabley still would have done some sort of educational activity.

In terms of relationships, I'm definitely not where I want to be. In regards to girl friends and boyfriends and what not, I don't think there is one bigger singular entity that can so completely destroy your lifes plans.

Well,

I left NZ for a large number of reasons (and alot very personal) and came to sydney hoping for better.

I came here not knowing anyone, it was really hard the first two years but its been worth sticking out.

So far I have got what I have come over looking for - Overall Im a much happier person for it, I earn more money (nz wages are shit), met alot of cool people (and met alot of freaks as well), get the lifestyle of choosing, live in a great suburb near the beach Ive never lived this close before and have had a hell of alot of fun over the last 5 years.

Im at the point where, Ive done as well as I can but I want more (career wise). I hope to do some more courses ijn the next year and grab the opportunities that exist here to do even better.

Pseudo G said:
I can see a lot of people making some comment about studying and how it's meant to help them figure out what they want to do with their lives etc etc. IMHO studying makes you more unsure of your plans and what not.

That may be true for some peopel in the way that it might confuse them so they have more options to choose from but really you can't have too many options can you? I wanted to be a primary school teacher since i was ten years old...long story short...FINALLy got into my degree after alot of study, had a break because i had been studying too long, decided i wanted to do something else due to the course i was doing plus with what i experienced on my break, went back to original plan.

Basically i think some of us have a calling. Actually i think ALL of do but we need to feel and experience things ie LIFE for it to come out and us be aware of it.

Well I'm in my third year out of Uni at the moment and I've finally figured out some direction and am about to start on some fitness courses (tafe + uni, etc.). I went straight to uni from yr12 and didn't have my own motivation behind why I was there so I needed to get out of there, deal with some demons and then redecide what I want to do with myself. I didn't worry about forcing it along and now I'm about to start on something that will make me happy! :)

Before I finally came to a decision I felt like the wind though...You don't know where its coming from, its always going somewhere, it can change directions whenever it wants at the drop of a hat and never seems to have any predictability apart from being a bit quieter in the morning and evening ;)

I could quite easily get down on what I'm not and what I'm missing out on but thats not going to help me tomorrow is it? I've been open minded to new passions for a little while and one has come my way which is good so for a change I can relax a little!

I was pretty happy with where I was in life a few months ago, as far as working towards a career and stuff. But now I must say I'm facing a bit of a dilemna.

I've been working part time and studying for a year now. I'm studying philosophy and sociology. Not with a view to getting a job out of it, more for my own interest and maybe eventual work.

But lately it's become painfully apparent that I need to start full-time work. There's a whole big list of reasons why I need to start earning decent money and I definitely can't go on living on what I make now.

This means that I'll probably have to give up the study for work, which I hoped I would never have to do. But I guess the study that I'm doing only has eventual goals in mind and hopefully I can come back to it at some point.

i think of my life as a book that never ends...full of drama and weird lil twists :D

one day it will reach its ending but for now im enjoying the lil things i come across.

i am where i am now for whatever reason i need to be here.

i try not to analyse my thoughts and life to much because i will then procrastinate over lil issues.

i dont have many regrets at all. all the regrets i do have are just lil ones like...moving to sydney before melbourne when i should of moved here to begin with.

moving away from my family etc etc.

but i am happy. i have awesome friends and delightful loved ones :D <3

i have a weird and wacky job which allows some spice in my life and i have finally nearlly gotten to where i am going...

only ------> this much more to go now <------

then i will be =D <------ :)

i am in yr 11 right now and doing tee. im doing "reasonably" well. but i hate what im doing. i figure i cood do it for a cuppel mor years and get a good ter but then i figured hmmm... wont uni still just b studying and crap that i hate doing. anyway i hav no idea where i want to go in life and am currently debating whther i will doo tee or not

Killing_time said:

I realised I was currently sitting on my arse, following a mid-semester deferall for personal reasons, and would more than likely do so until the beginning of next semester (8 weeks or so away).
Why was I currently in such a period of intermission I asked?
I began thinking of activities I was currently participation, namely consuming a moderate amount of drugs on a regular basis, and realised this limbo in which I have currently been engulfed was due my own selfish need to absorb all I could within this period.
Am I somehow neglecting the right choices, such as earning extra money and such, by simply taking time off?
Will I continue to relax until I somehow find myself working as a check-out dude at the age of 40, and reflect on those 'wrong' decisions I made in the past?
I think not... and have made efforts to make sure this does not happen... BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU?
What 'stage' are you currently in in your life?
Did you plan on being where you are or are you merely riding the wave that is life?
Are there any decisions you have made that you regret, maybe a lover lost or job opportunity missed?

I think your intermission was a well planned thing then. I went through the exact same thing as this .. but couldn't be fucked even deferring i just let the bad results accumulate (very bad move).

Finally awakening from this stage i've realised how stupidly blind i was to think it didnt matter what i was doing/loosing .. obviously all that mattered was the drugs (cliche). Having said this the stage is still there .. except i like to think i have more control over it... doing much much much better at uni this year :)

This is my 4th year at uni, i have wasted a lot of time and money and should be in a good job already. I know i have the ability to do something really good with my life, just been a little sidetracked.

My current stage is the one where you realise you have wasted a shitload of time .. and are trying to make up for it the best you can. Sounds silly but i feel like i'm getting old and i'm not even 21 yet. :(

punch e punch said:
I was pretty happy with where I was in life a few months ago, as far as working towards a career and stuff. But now I must say I'm facing a bit of a dilemna.

I've been working part time and studying for a year now. I'm studying philosophy and sociology. Not with a view to getting a job out of it, more for my own interest and maybe eventual work.

But lately it's become painfully apparent that I need to start full-time work. There's a whole big list of reasons why I need to start earning decent money and I definitely can't go on living on what I make now.

This means that I'll probably have to give up the study for work, which I hoped I would never have to do. But I guess the study that I'm doing only has eventual goals in mind and hopefully I can come back to it at some point.

My sage advice to you Mr Punch E Punch is to pack it all in and move down to the big smoke so we can hang!

I am happy where I am right now.

I cruised through school.
worked for a year then travelled in Europe
then i cruised through TAFE (2yrs)
worked for a year then travelled in Asia
Now I am in the process of cruising through Uni.
after which I will work for a year then go to Canada/US

That being said plenty has changed, especially recently but I am happy with where I am. I have some short term goals, but on the whole I have seen a bit of the world, made some achievements that count and am working toward long term goals of degree's and future travel plans.

It could all change in an instant...but I am rather content with where I am and where I am going.

i totally agree with eze

i pretty much loved school because i did subjects that i loved, and same with uni...i just wouldn't do anything that i didnt like doing, i'm not the sort of person that gets pushed into things because "they will look good on a resume" etc etc...

so many people told me that choosing subjects like art and drama when i was in school wouldnt get me anywhere and would get me a shit ENTER score, but i proved them all wrong...ha ha ha! if you are doing what you love and what you are passionate about i think that you will mostly always succeed and do well....
i would rather work in a job that i loved that paid nothing than dread going to work everyday and get paid heaps of $,,,,

i am happy with where i am right now, at uni, studying, going out with friends etc. just got accepted to overseas for a month in january, so i am more than happy with my life right now....

eze451 said:
if i was ever unhappy with my life i would change it....

full nice one hey =D

The thing is alot of people bitch and moan about what sux in their life and then wonder why? CHANGE IT, DER!!! Your the only one in control when it comes down to it. Think about it....

^^
so i bet some little kid in iraq missing legs with a dead father is thinking right now "damn ...this sucks, i'm going to change my situation". likelihood of him changing his situation = slim to none.

i know, it's a graphic scenario, but i'm just saying that there are always external factors that can't change.

So much has happened to me and trust me you just finally realise that it is time to settle down and do something else.

Killing_Time, yes it is still possible to go to raves and don't take drugs - I do. I still go to the raves where I want to see a specific DJ and go straight. Most of the time I go alone now too. It's easier. No pressure on me to get 'fucked up.' No pressure on me to stay around and listen to DJs i'm not interested in. No pressure on me having to do things others want to do. I go because I enjoy the music. (as corny as that sounds)

I think society puts pressure on people to succeed. Society tries to put everyone in to a catergory. For example:

18 - You finish year 12
21/22 - You graduate
25 - You get a steady relationship
28 - You marry
28 - Get a mortgage
30 - Kids

You know.. I speak to so many people who use age to determine what they should be doing. This is absolute crap. To say age determines how you should think and act is ludicrous. I know some people who are 30 and still going to clubs and taking drugs and going as hard as some 20 year olds. I also know some 23 year olds who have families. Who is right?

You will know when the time is right. The signs will start out small. At the start you wont pay any attention and you'll laugh it off. Then slowly it will creep up on you and before you know it your body, brain and psyche will want to do something different. Whether or not you listen is up to you. But you will know.

BTW your mate who chose drugs/raves over his gf.. is wise. Your gf/wife/significant other should always respect your decisions and discuss things with you. One of my best friends broke his marriage off 2 weeks before the wedding? Why? Cause he still wanted to go to raves. He regrets it now.. but deep down he knows he's right. He use to sneak out and go to raves and get fucked up and come crash at my house. This is no way to be spending the rest of your life. He still wanted to go out and party. He was under too much pressure because he had just turned 30 to settle down and get married. His partner wanted kids. He was not ready.
Better to end it than to get married and bring a child in to this world.. that you are not ready to look after.

I hope everyone sees that societies norms are not for everyone. That's what makes the human race so beautiful and unique. We are different.

F