• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Where Are We? The Matrix, Heaven, Hell or Earth.

Dresden

Bluelighter
I was murdered in September of 1999, so we must be in Hell, right? Or is modern day Earth just full of unkind people? The Matrix is a possibility, but to quote DJ Sammy, "I'm finding it hard to believe we're in Heaven."

I don't think it's nearly that complex.

But yeah modern day is full of unkind people, in my opinion because of: Internet anonymity, corporations encouraging people to become sociopaths, and the media.

Some people may be blessed with "special powers", but by and large i think we live a fairly normal and boring existence. That's were drugs come in.

We live in a degenerate age. The only way to have relief at the least or total liberation at the most is to disavow all attachment to the material world. It doesn't mean don't participate per se, it just means that you shouldn't expect anything material to ease your suffering.

Our material world is totally fucked right now. There is very little in it that is wholesome, and maybe that's the wake up call humanity needs. The material world will never bring us lasting contentment or liberation. Our faith in it can only fuck us over and destroy the planet.

This is what material reductionism has brought us. A world without spirit. A hell place.

^ Oh yeah, up, that's what I meant to say. Makes more sense than down since we haven't created a matrix of our own yet!

Perhaps we have, we just don't know it. What if our imagination is just a matrix whose inhabitants live in a universe created by us? In which case there could be matrices all the way up and down...

I suspect we are living in a virtual reality environment generated by a government supercomputer and that most people in all the major cities were wiped out by planted nuclear bombs pre 2000.

I do wonder sometimes whether our universe is a simulation being run from a higher-order structure.

We live in a degenerate age. The only way to have relief at the least or total liberation at the most is to disavow all attachment to the material world. It doesn't mean don't participate per se, it just means that you shouldn't expect anything material to ease your suffering.

Our material world is totally fucked right now. There is very little in it that is wholesome, and maybe that's the wake up call humanity needs. The material world will never bring us lasting contentment or liberation. Our faith in it can only fuck us over and destroy the planet.

This is what material reductionism has brought us. A world without spirit. A hell place.

THIS!!!
One of the best comments I've seen in some time online & wraps it up for me.

I get the feeling Foreigner also feels these are Kali Yuga days, (s)he would be right too if that is the case.

We are so caught in the illusion of separation that it's tearing the planet apart. If you don't believe spirit to be real then you will put all your faith and attention into humanity's material mess. Look at where it has brought us.

I suspect we are living in a virtual reality environment generated by a government supercomputer and that most people in all the major cities were wiped out by planted nuclear bombs pre 2000.
Wtf lmao are you basing you little theory on anything or just trying to make me paranoid about the 2.5d space around me

I do wonder sometimes whether our universe is a simulation being run from a higher-order structure.

So do many well respected theoretical physicists these days. It's not a concept that sits well with myself unfortunately, as it opens up the prospect that God may be real...

Well except that instead of some magical God sitting on high judging people, "God" could just be some scientist who happened to create/start the simulation.

Wouldn't it be fucking weird if all the stuff in the Old testament of Christianity really happened, all the judgment, miracles, etc, and the simulation creator has since decided to go hands-off? =D I think that would be hilarious.

This video kind of explains it (especially if you can read the text they throw across the screen), but the virtual reality resolution here is way better now than it was then.