• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin when will this mental agony go away

e92

Bluelighter
i'm coming up on 42 hours since my last dose, and basically all my physical withdrawals are gone.

however i am sitting here and i just wanna scream and cry because i am so anxious and just so sad and bored. there is no brightness in my life right now i just feel so hopeless. i just feel so awful

when the hell will this go away? i dont remember withdrawal ever being like this before. its probably also really not helping that my sleeping schedule is currently fucked like i wake up when the sun is already down and go to sleep a few hours after it rises.

the depression is the worst part for nme too. id say after a week to 10 days things will look and feel better. if wd were just physical it wouldnt be that terrible to kick but its the physical and the dread/depression/insomnia and anxiet on top.

Do have anything to do, to keep your mind off w/d?

As whosa said, it takes a few days for the depression to start clearing, so if you have things to do--cannabis, TV, books, magazines, exercise, sex, etc..--it makes the process easier.

My mistake was laying in bed the whole time. Find something to occupy your mind. I failed, but I'm trying to quit still and haven't given up so hopefully I'll follow you in pursuit in quitting. I'm currently in the process of getting friends together to help me through the first few days and take all my lighters from me to remove temptation.

My mistake was laying in bed the whole time. Find something to occupy your mind. I failed, but I'm trying to quit still and haven't given up so hopefully I'll follow you in pursuit in quitting. I'm currently in the process of getting friends together to help me through the first few days and take all my lighters from me to remove temptation.
yeah thats a good idea, i should get up and go for a walk. maybe even sit at a cafe with my computer. good call.

as for you, i dont think that will help. yesterday night when i was having trouble falling asleep i kept telling myself "oh come on just one more hit to fall asleep, just one bag". and you know what was stopping me? NOTHING. there was nothing in my way. i was less than a 5 minute walk from having dope in my hands. but then i keep thinking how it'll make me feel emotionally if i use again. i will feel so guilty having made it nearly 2 days with nothing. i still cant believe im sitting here completely sober writing this.

you need to find the strength within yourself to quit. im sure you are familiar with the mind of an addict. he will go to great lengths to get that hit if he wants it bad enough. recently an ATM machine ate my card and it took a few days to get my new one. i had no cash on me and i needed a hit bad. so you know what i did? i called a food place i got delivery from 2 days prior, told them im experiencing food poisoning and i want my money back. an hour later i got my money back and went to cop. that made me feel really gross

as as you can walk walkonceoutside helps with anxiety restoring the endorphin balance working out is also recommended

Do have anything to do, to keep your mind off w/d?

As whosa said, it takes a few days for the depression to start clearing, so if you have things to do--cannabis, TV, books, magazines, exercise, sex, etc..--it makes the process easier.
i wish i can smoke weed. i envy those who can kick back, relax and enjoy and joint and a beer. it gets me very very "inside my head". i start thinking about all sorts of things. when i smoke weed it's even possible for me to get embarrassed over something that happened last year. i stay away from it.

as as you can walk walkonceoutside helps with anxiety restoring the endorphin balance working out is also recommended
i work out regularly, on and off heroin lol. i wish i can go to the gym right now my anxiety is just too high to be in such a public place like that

I know I have anxiety too sometimes it's easier to play team sports for me , less people around usually. I usually smoke weed before any kind of physical activity this way Im sure I always have anxiety and this makes it become weaker and weaker over time kind of exposure method.

I know I have anxiety too sometimes it's easier to play team sports for me , less people around usually. I usually smoke weed before any kind of physical activity this way Im sure I always have anxiety and this makes it become weaker and weaker over time kind of exposure method.
i seem to be having mood swings which i know is normal in the opiate withdrawal process. overall i still feel pretty shitty, just a little less anxious.

I'm 3 months clean after 3 years using and i'm not back to normal yet. Depends how long you used for. PAWS is the worst part.

Keep up the excellent work e92, you've got this sorted man, well done!!!

It's hard to have that strength man hang in there.... I been struggling bad this week and I gotta stop, I'm gonna try to stop this week cause I'm sick of wasting money and just being useless man.... Stay strong bro!

I'm 3 months clean after 3 years using and i'm not back to normal yet. Depends how long you used for. PAWS is the worst part.
good job bro. but i think you need to do more productive things with your life if it's been 3 months and you still don't feel back to normal yet. or maybe you are normal, and in those 3 years of use you just forgot how normal felt? i'm sure you're fine. 3 years is a long time of using but 3 months of being clean is even longer. keep it up man

Keep up the excellent work e92, you've got this sorted man, well done!!!
thanks man. i fought off really strong cravings. when i tried falling asleep last night i was justifying "just one more hit". when i woke up too for the first hour or so i wanted it. but i fought through it. i just keep thinking of how nice it is to not be on heroin. i explain more about my reasons below, if you're at all interested.

It's hard to have that strength man hang in there.... I been struggling bad this week and I gotta stop, I'm gonna try to stop this week cause I'm sick of wasting money and just being useless man.... Stay strong bro!
keep thinking of reasons why you want to stop. just keep thinking about them no matter what. but money will DEFINITELY NOT make you want to stop. a few weeks ago i thought (and i even made a post here) that i have no reason to stop. i kept thinking well i have a job, i work out 3 times a week, im a totally functioning drug addict. but just because you are a functioning drug addict and your life isnt necessarily "falling apart" doesn't mean you arent.

so the reason why i want to quit is because i want my life back. the biggest reason is that i am so fucking sick of being numb to everything around me. i want to feel again and i want to be present again. when you're using you may think you're present and that you're feeling, but you're really not.

i'm sick of not giving a fuck about anything, because thats what dope does to me. true natural motivation is not there because you're so over stimulated by this drug, that everything else around you just seems pointless and boring. things i liked to do started getting boring. going out was boring, meeting new people was boring, being unamused by everything is boring and most definitely not me. i'm an exciting person and dope strips that from you.

yeah thats a good idea,maybe even sit at a cafe with my computer. good call.

Yep, pull up the mega-thread called "You might be a junkie if.....". That should take care of a good couple hours and then you can move on to some else equally thrilling.

Truth. You use enough of the quality shit for long enough you will probably never be the same.
Hot baths will temporarily help though, and long walks in the sun. I love herb, but I can't smoke it when I'm kicking dope because of the anxiety, so I take benzos + sleeping pills + kratom if it's around, however that's playing with some serious fire there.

After 12 years of nearly daily, always high dose: Oxy, Morphine, Fent, Heroin, Methadone, Suboxone, Norcos, Dilaudid, etc... I think I've pretty much fucked myself. Best of luck though.

You said what I been feeling for a long time man.... I want to feel right ... Tired of this insanity

So many of us become slaves to such a beautiful plant. It's crazy to think. It has brought both ends of the spectrum into one beautifully disfigured world.