• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

When is poor spelling/grammar ok? Discuss literacy...

Man that shit baffles me to, I'm an estimator and work off architecturals all day long, sometimes I even wonder if some architects have brains.... some of the shit they thing will work in construction is just unbelievable....

anna! said:
I just don't believe the rubbish about computing affecting handwriting. I use a computer for many hours each day and I have beautiful handwriting. So there.

I've always had terrible handwriting before I even used computers.

:)

Never.. unless someone is hell wasted/scattered, then it's halfway excusable.. otherwise it indicates a lack of basic language skills, and seeing that's how we communicate, it's not on. btw, "your an idiot"! :p

lostpunk5545 said:
I've always had terrible handwriting before I even used computers.

:)

Yes, I think that's the way it happens. I don't know anyone who had wonderful handwriting, then used computers and suddenly was completely illegible.

^ my handwriting has always been on the messy edge of neat, but I actually have noticed the difference...I had a couple of semester's at uni where I had practically no need to handwrite (all assigments and multi-choice exams) and then I had an essay exam. Woah could I notice it...it's not that my handwriting started off heaps messier, but I couldn't maintain it to a legible standard for nearly as long as I would have used to be able to...

So though I don't think computers would turn a calligrapher's writing illegible ;) I do agree it could have some bearing on it. :)

Mary Poppins said:
So though I don't think computers would turn a calligrapher's writing illegible ;) I do agree it could have some bearing on it. :)
Funny you should say that. I won a few calligraphy competitions during primary school. I certainly couldn't come close to it now ;)

I wouldn't blame my use of computers, but simply my lack of practice. Mind you, now that I'm learning to write in Japanese, my handwritten English seems a little better too. Still nowhere near the standard of primary school and high school days though...

thinking back to primary school and high school i can't remember ever having any real *grammar* devoted classes...

now days to be completely honest, when i write emails, academic essays, articles, or post on bluelight, i pretty much always end up just guessing, and going with what looks right. i particularly always get confused in regards to where appropriate spots for apostrophes in sentences are, when a - or an ; is in order; and heaps of other stuff too. on the other hand though, i can always tell when something by someone elses is perfectly written when i read it, but when it comes to me writing something i'm always unsure of all the rules and hence play around until everything looks as right as i can get it in the end.

oh, and i often make stupid mistakes too, which i continually miss until after i've handed in my work (despite the fact that i'd proof read it a few times prior to) - and that always manages to piss me right off. always. but :\ what can you do.

Mary Poppins said:
my handwriting has always been on the messy edge of neat

How can this be?? It's like saying I'm on the black edge of white...