• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

When is fentanyl not fentanyl?

clubcard

Bluelighter
When its 4 phenyl phenapromide or or 4 phenyl propiram.

Now, if you have software to view/compare the above & fentanyl, one will realize that their minimum energy conformations are IDENTICAL. The LogP of the others isn't quite as good but affinity seems identical and they really do overlay the 4 important class of moieties are IDENTICAL thus x60 M.

I am not a fan of the class but I'm sure that with some research, even more potent analogs are possible. Potency is simple, euphoria is HARD. I have experienced that latter problem MANY times. I am still amazed that something that has such a huge retail price has to be surprisingly cheap & simple to make in bulk. I think U-47700 cost $16000/Kg for the first order (a key) but went down. I wish people could try and demand the euphoric stuff.

PS the LogP of the 2-pyridyl moiety but that N: seems to increase potency as a -F or -Cl do... (altering rings shape?).

I dunno - a compound made 2 steps using commercially available precursors WAS the most euphoric but only 1.5 xM so apparently not economic.

I apologize - the structure of fentanyl. It is interesting that the amide & basic amine moiety moves quite a lot. Those who downloaded the paper on 3D QSAR on the opioid will note that the basic N: is not as specific.

Now, I know that adding a 3,3-dimethyl moiety to the piperidine increases potency by a factor of 7. I believe activity is achiral and that 1 enthiomer is a lot more potent.

Sorry for messing up the posts. I guess is this is like a 'debriefing' in the fact I want to get it right, but it's so complex that memories get blurred. Sorry!

I'd say if people have the choice between something potent and something euphoric, they'd choose the latter but when the synth & wholesale guys limit the selection (as RC vendors are notoriously bad in even just bothering to look into suggestions from their clients - why should they, more demand than supply) and the criminals looking for uber-potent shit to cut brown sugar with for sale as heroin then we get what we have.

Do you know of a good starting point to learn more about structure-action relationship and all the stuff? I'm intrigued by what you post but up to today fail to even understand the SAR of my favorites, the arylcyclohexylamines. Chemistry basics in evening school were eye opening but didn't continue to learn when I had to drop out.

PS - 3,3-dimethylprodine is as active as b-prodine and only has 1 chiral centre.