• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids When does Fentanyl become dangerous?

interestedfella

Greenlighter
Hello, bluelight community.
After a bit of research didn't really turn up anything of value, I decided to ask this forum.
I am curious about when Fentanyl starts to become dangerous and generally life threatening for an individual with little to no opiate tolerance.
Say, a dose of about 50mg insufflated - would that already be too much? Where does the safe range end? How would such an OD feel like? Would it simply knock you into the void without you feeling much or would it maybe make you suffer?

Kind regards for your answers in advance,
hugs and kisses

50mg is enough to kill 50 opiate-naive people.
it's incredibly potent stuff. basically any non-therapeutic use of fentanyl is dangerous.

if you are asking about lethal doses for the purpose of suicide, respiratory depression is not a comfortable way of dying.

but bluelight is here to reduce harm.
i apologise if i'm misreading the subtext here, but if you are considering suicide i urge you to head over to the dark side where there are lots of caring, understanding people.

fentanyl doesn't become dangerous, it simply is.
it's potency, as mentioned above, is such that the line between a recreational and fatal dose is far too slim.

All these reports of a new synthetic that mimics Fentanyl saddens me. How many people reported killed just last year? It is staggering...

Fent is known to be 100x stronger than morphine, 25-50x stronger than heroin. It is simply NOT a medicine for the opiate naive and the pharmacy packaging warns us so.
The overdoses are painful of Fentanyl. The pain in the head is the part I remember. Took Fentanyl once while opiate naive... that won't ever happen again.

50mg? That will kill you.

https://www.statnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Heroin-Fentanyl-vials-NHSPFL-1024x576.jpg

It becomes dangerous when someone add ignorant as you are to the dangers gets a hold of it.. Even worse a dealer who thinks they can evenly mix 5/1000 of a mg into hundreds of bags attempting a fent based China white mix

I'll also add I missed the subtext..... If you think it will be a peaceful entry to the void if you're lucky your right, but that's like 0.01% chance of out of many possibilities including feeling like slowly drowning as you suffocate trying to draw in air as your body doesn't listen, then it takes more time to actually die, and if you are revived after oxygen is cut off long enough you will suffer permanent damage that you will wish for death after yet might not even be able to attempt it physically even after a long stay at a psych ward.

This is not a way to kill oneself and will be harmful to so many struggling with pain as your death would become another result and weapon in this drug war the perpetrators will use to further oppress by spinning it as the result of the scourge of fentanyl rather than whatever message you may hope to get across with such an act.

Seriously don't waste your life.